This morning I released the first new release of fwupd on the 0.8.x branch. This has a number of interesting fixes, but more importantly adds the following new features:
- Adds support for Intel Thunderbolt devices
- Adds support for some Logitech Unifying devices
- Adds support for Synaptics MST cascaded hubs
- Adds support for the Altus-Metrum ChaosKey device
- Adds Dell-specific functionality to allow other plugins turn on TBT/GPIO
Mario Limonciello from Dell has worked really hard on this release, and I can say with conviction: If you want to support a hardware company that cares about Linux — buy a Dell. They seem to be driving the importance of Linux support into their partners and suppliers. I wish other vendors would do the same.