Yorba has released Shotwell 0.5.0, a major update to our digital photo manager. This release includes a host of new features, including:
* Photos can be tagged and organized by tag, creating a new tool for managing your photo collection
* Photos can be published to Google’s Picasa Web Albums service
* Photo exposure date and time can be set and shifted
* Photos can be set as your desktop background directly from Shotwell
* Photo import runs in the background, making imports smoother and more fluid
* Publishing photos to web services is more responsive
* New or updated language support for French, Italian, German, Simplified Chinese, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Polish, and Portuguese.
* Other stability and performance improvements
We highly recommend that all Shotwell users upgrade.
Yorba would like to thank all of our bug testers and translators, without whom this release would not have been possible. We’d like to specially thank Martin Olsson, for his rigorous testing of Shotwell 0.5, and Kaj-Ivar van der Wijst, for his stylish redesign of the Yorba website.
We’d also like to think our friends at Red Hat for making Shotwell the default photo manager in Fedora 13 alpha!
You can download a source tarball from the Shotwell home page at: http://www.yorba.org/shotwell/
or grab a binary for Ubuntu Karmic or Lucid via Yorba’s Launchpad PPA at: https://launchpad.net/~yorba/+archive/ppa