GNOME.Asia 2018 was co-hosted with COSCUP and openSUSE Asia this year in Taipei, Taiwan. It was a good success and I enjoyed it a lot. Besides, meeting old friends and making new ones are always great.
- Desktop applications: life inside a sandbox — David King
Flatpak, as you all know, is quite popular and useful these days. So it’s good to know some implementation details from this talk.
- Introducing Team Silverblue — Matthias Clasen
As Matthias mentioned in his talk, it’s his first time to give this talk. And I think it was quite a success. It’s a new variant of Fedora Workstation and it provides the excellent support to container-based workflows.
- The future of the computer classrooms – GNOME inside — Eric Sun
I have to say I enjoyed this talk the most in the conference. Eric used ezgo Linux as an example and explained some interesting ideas, which blows my mind. When we were young and in the computer class, we were taught to use Microsoft Office, Photoshop, etc. All these are . And these software are gonna be the the top options when you are thinking about choosing a office/picture editing software.
- There are more, but I can’t include them all
- The welcom party was held at a bar near Taipei 101. The bar has a open platform, where you have a great view, which is pretty good. You can find beer, food and of course friends there.
- We had a one-day tour to Taipei Palace Museum and Taipei 101 the day after the conference. We had various dumplings and some delicious food for lunch at Din Tai Fung(A top restaurant at 101 where you need queue around 90 mins even at weekday). It was well organized. And a big thank you for Max
Thanks Max for all the effort making this conference happen. Thanks GNOME Foundation for Sponsorship my trip to the conference.