Part of this was copy/pasted from the announcement.
Here’s just a sampling of the major new features in version 3.0:
- Less ugly perl code (almost everything is readable&understandable now)
- Custom Fields
- mod_perl support for greatly-improved performance
While sucking up loads of memory
- Per-Product Permissions
non hacky version of what is available on GNOME Bugzilla (patch wasn’t by me)
- XML-RPC Interface; see the WebService stuff on this page
- Create and Modify Bugs by Email
Still not GPG authenticated though; so I won’t enable it on b.g.o without at least a hack to make it more secure.
- And even more. See all the new features at: http://www.bugzilla.org/releases/3.0/new-features.html
I am really busy. Help with the port is appreciated. The current (very rough and unfinished) port is available in the bugzilla.gnome.org SVN module; while the site currently uses the bugzilla-newer SVN module. I think that probably the port should use Bugzilla HEAD (what will eventually be 3.2) though. I basically need at least 3.0 to easily avoid those bug-buddy crash duplicates.