GNOME.Asia Summit 2019 invites you to participate as a speaker at the conference on the 12th and 13th of October 2019 in Gresik, Indonesia.
GNOME.Asia Summit is the featured annual GNOME conference in Asia. It focuses primarily on the GNOME desktop, but also covers applications and platform development tools. The summit brings together the GNOME community in Asia to provide a forum for users, developers, foundation leaders, governments and businesses to discuss the present technology and future developments.
Topics of Call for Papers (CFP)
GNOME.Asia Summit 2019 will invite talks relevant to GNOME and FLOSS. We welcome proposals by newcomers and experienced speakers alike. The possible topics are, but not limited to :
Contributing to GNOME
- Latest developments
- Writing applications for GNOME 3
- UI design
- QA and testing
- Human Interface Engineering (Icons and Graphic Design)
- Asia success stories / Local GNOME Projects
- GNOME and Education
- FOSS outreach programs, including Google Summer of Code
- Developing GNOME on mobile devices (smart phones, tablets)
- Developing GNOME on embedded systems or open hardware
Contributing to Linux and FLOSS
- Linux kernel and development
- The development and promotion of open-source operating systems
- About Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, and other distributions
- The development and promotion of other open-source projects
Open Source Enlightenment and Related Story
- The Knowledge and Spirit of Open Source
- Open Source stories of your own
- How to optimize the process and improve efficiency with the help of open-source tools
- How to engage non-technical lightning talks contributors in Open Source Projects
- How to engage more female contributors in Open Source Projects
- Artificial Intelligence
- DevOps with AI
- Deep Learning
- AR & VR
- Big Data
- Distributed systems
- Open Source DevOps
We are also interested in other topics related to Free/Libre and Open Source Software which are not listed above.
Type of Session
You can choose from the following types of session:
- Standard session . Standard session will be scheduled for 45 minutes (35 minutes talk + 10 minutes Q&A). The session could be a technical talk, panel discussion, or BOF. If you need more time or additional resources, feel free to get in touch with the organizing team.
- Lightning talk session . This session is a 5 minutes presentation for demonstrating your work or promoting an interesting topic.
Please provide a short abstract of your paper (under 200 words). Include your name, biographical information, a title, and a description of your presentation. Please submit your proposal to the following link.
The reviewers team will evaluate the entries based on the submitted abstracts and available time by following the schedule.
- Submission timeline: July 15th to August 15th 2019
- Confirmation of paper acceptance: August, 20th 2019
There will be an opportunity for speakers and GNOME Foundation members to request travel support by the GNOME Foundation. Please submit your application to the GNOME Travel Committee. For further information please refer to this guides. All interested contributors are highly encouraged to send in talks.
More information about GNOME.Asia Summit 2019 is available at https://asiasummit.gnome.id.