This cycle Vala have received a lot of love from their users and maintainers. Users and maintainers, have pushed hard to get a lot of bug fixes in place, thanks to a lot of patches attached to bug reports.
List of new features an bug fixes are in NEWS file in repository. Bindings have received lot of fixes too, checkout them and see if you need a workaround.
Many thanks to all contributors and maintainers for make this release a big one.
- Update manual using DocBook from wiki.gnome.org as source [#779090]
- Add support for array-parameters with rank > 1 in signals [#778632]
- Use GTask instead of GSimpleAsyncResult with GLib 2.36/2.44 target [#763345]
- Deny access to protected constructors [#760031]
- Support [DBus (signature = …)] for properties [#744595]
- Add [CCode (“finish_instance = …”)] attribute [#710103]
- Support [HasEmitter] for vala sources [#681356]
- Add support for the \v escape charactor [#664689]
- Add explicit copy method for arrays [#650663]
- Allow underscores in type parameter names [#644938]
- Support [FormatArg] attribute for parameters
- Ignore –thread commandline option and drop gthread-2.0 references
- Check inferred generic-types of MemberAccess [#775466]
- Check generic-types count of DelegateType [#772204]
- Fix type checking when using generics in combination with subtype [#615830]
- Fix type parameter check for overriding generic methods
- Use g_signal_emit where possible [#641828]
- Only emit notify of properties if value actually changed [#631267] [#779955]
- Mark chained relational expressions as stable [#677022]
- Perform more thorough compatibility check of inherited properties [#779038]
- Handle nullable ValueTypes in signals delegates properly [#758816]