At long last, we’ve finally released the first version of PiTiVi. More info here.
Their still a lot of work to do, but I’ve got the feeling we’re now on the good tracks.
Thanks to the GStreamer team for all their help.
I’m completely knackered, time to go out and eat a bite.
At Last ! I’ve managed to get rid of the remaining bugs in GnlOperation (the gnonlin effect handler) and now we can also put/move/cut.. use video effects in the Timeline.
I also did a little cleanup in gnonling, and a (failed) attempt at trying to make gnonlin more “threaded”. I’ll have to look at that in 2-3 months when we get some heavier editing going on.
7 days left to check audio minimal editing and encoding and we’ll be ready to freeze it for a release before Xmas.
Spent most of the weekend in bed because of a flu and a stiff neck. Both have gone, and I’ve got a lot more productive.
So… first post in my blog.
To sum up what I’m involved with, I’m head of project for PiTiVi a non-linear editor (NLE) that uses GStreamer as it’s multimedia framework. This project was started as an “end-of-studies project” at the french IT I study in : EPITECH, but it will be carried on after the end of my studies (which’ll be march 2005, yeah!).
In the past few days we’ve gone through the make install/dist/distcheck procedure for PiTiVi. I think we got most of it working, it’ll take trials on other platforms/configuration to know if it really works.
I’ve also started making a list of the GStreamer plugins we use in the NLE, how “well” we can use them, and what the eventual problems are. The list is here. As I encounter new problems/bugs I’ll update that list.