The first alpha version of Guadalinex V6 is avaible here.
There is an official note in Spanish where you can learn what it’s new in this early version.
Basically this is an Ubuntu Jaunty (based on the beta version) with some changes:
- The artwork is different (but not the final one) to see you are in Guadalinex (mostly for the issues reports, so people don’t send us reports from Ubuntu or to Ubuntu from Guadalinex)
- There is no language questions. The distro boots in Spanish from the beginning. From the boot to the desktop or the installer.
- The installer is a fork of the Ubuntu one (Ubiquity). In previous versions of Guadalinex we changed the GUI to be easier for our users (at least simpler). So you can see the Jaunty installer but with less questions (all the locale ones, for example) but also with some more explanations and a interesting feature: a disk preview. The disk preview is a tab on the partitioning step which let you see what you have in each disk and partition before to choose the way of partitioning the disk. This may help you to avoid some awful mistakes.
- The application list is also different. We put the applications our users tell us in forums, mail lists and events. In some cases there are more applications (because we miss some functionalities in the default Ubuntu desktop) and some times it’s just an application swapped by one we think is more stable, is better translated or our users like more.
- And there is also some applications or functionalities that were developed for a previous versions and we’ve updated to be able to used in V6/Jaunty. Actually the most of them are already on Launchpad and some are even able to be installed on Jaunty from our PPA
I know the distro is in Spanish, but probably some people here know Spanish. If you like to help, you can download it and give us some feedback.
If you like to report a general issue, probably it’s better to do it in Jaunty (we follow and try to fix issues from there). If you do that, please add tag named “guadalinex“, so we can notice it soon.