See: http://blogs.testbit.eu/timj/2010/09/10/10-09-2010-beastbse-release-0-7-2-available/ (page moved)
BEAST/BSE and BSE-ALSA version 0.7.2 are available for download:
BEAST is a music composition and modular synthesis application. The “Bedevilled” portion of the names has no religious background, please refer to the About page for more details.
Homepage: http://beast.gtk.org/ Downloads: http://beast.gtk.org/beast-ftp/ Feedback: http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/beast/
The 0.7.2 release provides new plugins and instruments, and a long list of bug fixes, improvements and translation updates.
TRANSLATORS: Please help us to improve the BEAST translations at Transifex.
Overview of Changes in BEAST/BSE 0.7.2:
- Moved Beast/BSE to GNU LGPL, use AS-IS license for examples
- Module changes and additions: ArtsCompressor – Relicensed to LGPL with permission from Matthias Kretz BseContribSampleAndHold – Relicensed to LGPL with permission from Artem Popov DavXTalStrings – Use deterministic random numbers for unit tests BseNoise – Improved random number generator
- Switched to autogenerated ChangeLogs
- Error bell can be muted in beast preferences dialog
- Added multisample creation/editing command line tool: bsewavetool
- Support adjustable volume, pitching and drum envelopes in .bsewave files
- Added Retro Acoustic drum kit [Tim, Stefan]
- New loadable Instruments/Effects:
- BQS Bass Drum E8012 [Tim, Stefan] - BQS Slow Hum [Stefan, William DeVore] - FSM Fresh Water Bass instrument [Krzysztof Foltman] - FSM Growl Bass instrument [Krzysztof Foltman] - FSM Synth String Sweep [Krzysztof Foltman]
- Added support for loading 32bit and 24bit PCM-format WAV files
- Added support for gcc-4.4 and automake-1.10
- Added support for guile-1.8, guile-1.6 remains as minimum requirement
- Various fixes, improvements and much improved test coverage.
- Bug fixes: #452604, #468229, #344388, #451086, #450724, #454121, #491552, #450490, #441936, #336766, #433431, #474332, #474244, #456879, #456408, #424897 [Tim Janik, Stefan Westerfeld]
- Migrated translation support to use awk, sed and po/Makefile.am.
- Updated German translation [Mario Blättermann]
- Updated Italien translation [Michele Petrecca]
- Updated Occitan translation [Yannig Marchegay]
- Updated Brazilian Portugues translation [Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle]
- Updated British English translation [David Lodge]
- Updated Spanish translation [Jorge Gonzalez]
- Updated Slovenian translation [Andrej Znidarsic]
- Updated Danish translation [Joe Hansen]
- Updated French translation [Bruno Brouard]
- Added Norwegian bokmal translation [Kjartan Maraas]
- Added Ukrainian translation [Maxim V. Dziumanenko]
Overview of Changes in BSE-ALSA 0.7.2:
- Fixes for automake-1.10 builds
- Moved Beast/BSE to GNU LGPL
UPDATES: Updated translator instructions and uploaded a new release tarball with build fixes.