Your chronicler attempted to produce this version of the Metacity Journal using the old script; however, it had not run for so long that it listed hundreds of changes. Therefore it was largely pared down by hand, and only the changes from the last few days have been mentioned. If you’d like to dive in on any of these discussions, please do so!
- GNOME bug 567757 – live preview in alt-tab – the current bug of the day
- GNOME bug 425899 – clock swings confuse resizes. _NET_WM_MOVERESIZE_CANCEL is now in trunk, but the reporter says that doesn’t fix the problem.
- GNOME bug 553981 – patch was committed ages ago, should have been closed
- GNOME bug 526723 – also fixed ages ago
- GNOME bug 339692 – possibly a struts issue
- GNOME bug 555909 – should the frontmost transient get focus by default? (Yes.)
- GNOME bug 445479 – edge resistance is currently in pixels; should really be in millimetres
- GNOME bug 475038 – the launcher should be telling us on which workspace a program should appear
- GNOME bug 513866 – does anyone know how to make keybinding translations work?
- GNOME bug 437910 – switch resize and menu buttons; patch written; will probably go in
Tobias Mueller has been very helpfully closing bugs which are INCOMPLETE.
0 days passed from when there were 447 bugs; there are now 445; if this continues we will need 7 months. On target.
Checkins on various branches
There’s been some work on veracity (a test system), and a few other “labs” ideas, checked into svn branches. Veracity will need to be working before some of the bugs we currently have can be closed.
Checkins on trunk
- (cut about a hundred entries)
- ChangeLog, src/include/all-keybindings.h by tthurman
- ChangeLog, src/metacity.schemas.in.in by tthurman
- ChangeLog, src/core/main.c by fpeters
- ChangeLog, src/include/all-keybindings.h, src/ui/frames.c by tthurman
- ChangeLog, configure.in by tthurman
- ChangeLog, src/ui/theme.c, src/ui/theme.h by tthurman
- ChangeLog, src/core/window.c by tthurman
Too many to list this time.
Photo: The Inn on the Park, St Albans. Photo by Gary Houston, public domain.