What is it ?
Metacity is a simple compositing window manager that integrates nicely with GNOME 2.
What’s changed ?
Thanks to Marco Pesenti Gritti, Iain Holmes, Josh Lee, Thomas Thurman, and Matthew Wilson for improvements in this version.
– Workspaces whose name is the same as the standard name, plus some string, are not cut off. (Thomas ) (GNOME bug 453678)
– Improve compositor performance (Iain ) (GNOME bug 522166)
– Draw wallpaper correctly when we start up with compositor (Iain ) (GNOME bug 522599)
– Don’t draw shadows on shaped windows unless they have frames (Iain ) (GNOME bug 505333)
– Several other smaller compositor fixes (Iain)
– Newly-created keep-above windows get focus (Marco ) (GNOME bug 519188)
– Allow moving workspace when dragging with modifier key (Matthew ) (GNOME bug 474195)
Kenneth Nielsen (da), Gabor Kelemen (hu), Vasiliy Faronov (ru), Daniel Nylander (sv), Maxim Dziumanenko (uk), Woodman Tuen (zh_HK)
Where can I get it ?