Good news, everyone!
A new Clutter release is now available at download.gnome.org/sources/clutter/1.12/.
- This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable release of Clutter.
- Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files from the installation of the current release of Clutter.
- Bugs should be reported on the Clutter Bugzilla product.
List of changes since Clutter 1.10
For detailed announcements see:
- Add ClutterScrollActor
- ClutterScrollActor is an actor that provides a scrollable viewport to show a portion of its children.
- Add ClutterTransitionGroup and ClutterKeyframeTransition
- Two ClutterTransition subclasses that provide grouping and keyframe-based transitions to the explicit animation API of ClutterActor.
- Add new transformation API to ClutterActor
- ClutterActor now provides a ‘pivot point’ that is used for all transformations: scaling, rotation, translation; also, any actor can be transformed by providing a 3D matrix, bypassing the decomposed transformations; finally, any actor can apply an initial transformation to its children. All matrix-based properties are also animatable.
- Add multi-touch gesture recognizers
- ClutterPanAction, ClutterZoomAction, and ClutterRotateAction are gesture recognizers that can be used to detect common multi-touch gestures. The ClutterGestureAction class has been modified to make it easy to create new gesture recognizers.
- Layout manager improvements
- ClutterGridLayout is a new layout managed implementing a flexible grid; setting the allocation of an actor will respect the actor’s easing state, making animatable layout managers easy to write; any actor can automatically expand in both the horizontal and vertical directions, and the expansion will bubble up to its parent.
- ClutterCairoTexture (replaced by ClutterCanvas); ClutterTexture (replaced by ClutterImage); ClutterMedia (replaced by clutter-gst API); ClutterAnimation, ClutterAnimator, ClutterState (replaced by the implicit and explicit actor animation API); ClutterLayoutManager’s animation API (replaced by the implicitly animatable ClutterActor:allocation property); ClutterActor’s paint and pick signals have been deprecated.
List of changes since Clutter 1.11.16
- Fix the device tracking for core X11 pointers
- If a master input device can emit both touch and pointer events we end up in an inconsistent state; we should account for this case when tracking the stage that contains the events of each input device.
- Respect text direction in BinLayout
- The text direction of the children of an actor using the BinLayout layout manager should be taken into account, both when using the Actor’s align flags and when using the legacy BinAlignment flags.
- Translations updates
- Hindi, Telugu, Catalan, Malayalam, Japanese, Bulgarian, Kannada.
List of bugs fixed since Clutter 1.11.16
- #684214 – messageTray: Fix summary position in RTL locales
- #684552 – Track coordinates and device ids in test-events
- #684530 – Print device number in debug messages from input-device
- #684509 – Mouse events lost after touch event from virtual core pointer
Many thanks to all the contributors to the Clutter 1.11 development cycle
Bastian Winkler, Emanuele Aina, Jasper St. Pierre, Lionel Landwerlin, Chun-wei Fan, Daniel Mustieles, Fran Diéguez, Piotr Drąg, Neil Roberts, Tomeu Vizoso, Alejandro Piñeiro, Chao-Hsiung Liao, Nilamdyuti Goswami, Alexander Larsson, Ihar Hrachyshka, Tom Tryfonidis, Tristan Van Berkom, Мирослав Николић, Bastien Nocera, Christian Kirbach, Cosimo Cecchi, Yuri Myasoedov, Alexander Shopov, Alexandre Franke, Andika Triwidada, Aurimas Černius, Carles Ferrando, Daniel Korostil, Debarshi Ray, Dirgita, Duarte Loreto, Evan Nemerson, Jonh Wendell, Matej Urbančič, Rob Bradford, Robert Bragg, Sasi Bhushan Boddepalli, Andre Kuehne, Andy Wingo, Ani Peter, Ask H. Larsen, Bruce Cowan, Bruno Brouard, Chandan Kumar, Daniel Nylander, Danielle Madeley, Dimitris Spingos, Dominique Bureau, Enrico Nicoletto, Frédéric Péters, Gil Forcada, Giovanni Campagna, Jordi Serratosa, Kenneth Nielsen, Kjartan Maraas, Krishnababu Krothapalli, Martin Srebotnjak, Matthias Clasen, Mike Ruprecht, Nishio Futoshi, Owen W. Taylor, Peter Hutterer, Rajesh Ranjan, Rico Tzschichholz, Rudolfs Mazurs, Rui Matos, Shankar Prasad, Sjoerd Simons, Stefano Facchini, Viktor Nyberg.
Have fun with Clutter!