This is not the Metacity home page. There is no Metacity home page. This is for the same reason there is no flashy logo: Metacity strives to be quiet, small, stable, get on with its job, and stay out of your attention.
- Announcements of releases.
- The Metacity Journal appears semi-regularly, when things have been busy in the Metacity world. It discusses:
- notable changes to the code in the last day or so
- links back to people who have written about Metacity in their own blogs and discussion of what they say
- news articles mentioning Metacity
- activity on bugs (either on GNOME’s own bug tracker or downstream). These are often about issues which concern users, and you should always feel free to leave a comment giving your own opinion. We thrive on it.
- When there’s a lot of work being done on a particular sub-project, there will probably be regular posts on that project here. An obvious example was Iain’s compositor.
- anything else we think of.
- anything else you think of, possibly.
Comments on posts are open for the first few weeks, but are always moderated to keep the spammers away.
Photo credit: Li’l Bear. cc-by.