During Q2 2012, the GNOME translation teams mainly focused on the GNOME 3.4.x minor releases. Some teams also started working on the next major release 3.6 due in September.
In April 2012, there were 1397 translation commits to git.gnome.org as per the GNOME Commit-Digest. In May 2012, there were 1138 translation commits, and in June 2012, there were 1203 translation commits.
Some other interesting stats on the l10n.gnome.org localization platform include:
- 131 registered teams,
- 177 registered languages and language variants,
- 353 registered software modules,
- ca. 40700 UI strings for translation in the GNOME 3.4 release set,
- ca. 23100 doc strings for translation in the GNOME 3.4 release set,
- ca. 532000 UI strings for translation in all registered modules,
- ca. 268300 doc strings for translation in all registered modules.
Note that these numbers are based on the current state (October) as there is no easy way to track the past quarter in our l10n platform.
During Q2, the gtranslator PO editor also saw some improvements in translation memory management, plural forms handling, etc.