gtranslator needs helpApril 9, 2010 11:05 am Uncategorized
In this post I want to comment a little bit about the progress on gtranslator. In the past months I fixed several critical bugs and I added a few cool features. Though nowadays I’m not having so much time to invest on implementing big things, I’m just bugfixing. So I was wondering if anybody would like to invest some time in this project helping us to implement some things that I have in mind:
- A new backend for the translation memories using sqlite. Currently we are using libdb and it is becoming a pain to maintain.
- Provide a way to fill automagically the header fields.
- A plugin to provide a glosary (Easy stuff but it would take some time)
- Finish the project manager I made some time ago and maybe deal with damned-lies with it.
- Add some interfaces to be able to open different documents. Right now gtranslator only deals with PO files. Or maybe create some conversors and manage everything with po files internally.
- Seal the API and provide bindings for python or vala.
- Bug fixes in general.
So if you are interested in this project feel free to join us in the #gtranslator channel on GIMPNET to tell you how you can start helping.