Hey folks, this week I’ve been quite busy working on gedit:
- Ported the remaining C plugins to libpeas.
- Port plugins to use the enum thingie provided by gsettings.
- Released gedit.
- Fixed some annotations in gedit and gtk+.
- Ported pythonconsole to gi, gsettings and libpeas.
- Ported quickopen to gi and libpeas. See bug #623359 because it is not yet finished due to several bugs in pygobject and gtk+ annotations.
- Port gedit to use autogenerated enums and flags. This feature has been introduced in glib a few days ago.
- Port the filebrowser plugin to use the flags thingie added to gio yesterday.
- Fixed the problems commented by my mentor about the splitview.
- Several bugfixes.
What am I going to do next week?
- I’ll continue the port of the python plugins to gi and libpeas. This is quite a lot of work, more than I thought so probably it will take me most of the week.
- Get another review of the splitview and if it is ok, get it in.
- Bug fixing, bug reviewing…
In relation to what I had to achieve this week, I think I did it well as I achieved even more than what I expected:
- I fixed the remaining issues commented in the review of the splitview.
- And I ported the plugins that I could to libpeas.
How am I going in relation to my schedule?
- I had to get in the splitview in master this week. I didn’t get this done. Let’s see if next week.
- Next week I would have to start the abstraction of the view, though, my mentors prefer to leave this for now and get gedit master into a good state. So as I said before I’ll continue working on getting things ported and make gedit stable again.