Long time no update on the Cleanup part of GNOME 3, hence if somebody wants to spend the Christmas days with hacking a bit on boring stuff, here’s the ToDo list! ;-)
- Killing libgnomeui: gnome-panel
- Killing libglade: gdm (patch available awaiting review), gnome-media (initial patch exists, but help and feedback needed!), sound-juicer (patch available awaiting review), mono
- Killing libgnome: tomboy
- Killing libgnomecanvas: Evolution
- Killing Bonobo: Currently blocked by gnome-panel, the new A11Y infrastructure (which is on a good way), and for gconf by the proposed desktop wide move to dconf/GSettings for 2.31.
- Killing GlibDeprecatedSymbols and GtkDeprecatedSymbols: Moving target…
- Cleaning up GTK Includes
- Use GSEAL: Moving target as per pending sealings and missing accessor functions. Maintainers: Please do take a look at your module(s) by compiling with -DGSEAL_ENABLE!
And in the extended basket:
So, what did I forget in this quickly written list? :-)
Nice to see more and more modules getting Introspection Support.
Worth to consider: XDG config folder implementation.
Also I’d like to give a big “Thanks” to Javier Jardon for working like mad by both filing bugs and providing patches in these fields, especially when it comes to GTK+.