So, just after the Kris‘ keynote presenting the GTK+ 3.0 plans, we, your beloved release team, quickly presented our proposed plan for GNOME 3.0. There are still lots of details to discuss but the important thing is that our proposed mindset for 3.0 is in place for discussion now. It involves a relatively smooth transition from 2.x to 3.x, a more focused and inclusive development process, long-term development cycles, and more. We hope to get some fruitful discussions during GUADEC and to present the plan in a more structured and detailed way to everyone soon.
So, here are my quick comment for the day:
- Luis opening talk: quick and nice.
- Release team meeting: we prepared some interesting slides.
- Board meeting about where the next GUADEC will take place.
- Had time to attend two talks: Clutter and Leisa Reichelt. Both pretty cool.
- Spent the rest of afternoon working on the organization of the Drooling Macaque “concert” and jam session.
- At night, “concert” and jam session: I think it was really fun! Thanks to everyone who participated by being part of the band or by just being a nice audience!
- Tomorrow: maybe more small meetings, some talks to see, and boat party at night!
I’ve just arrived at the Golden Horn hotel (Sirceki) in Istanbul. I’m tired.
Drop me a comment, e-mail or irc ping if you want to have beer tonight!