Finally had time to upload my GCDS photos to Flickr. The GNOME group photos are included in this album. Better late than never! :-P
- I’m eating too much. I’ll definitely some weight here. It’s funny that I haven’t heard of anyone getting sick because of any food here. There’s a lot “risky” food here… The “Sueco Especial” for example looked a bit scary at first :-P
- Don’t believe in what Diego and Vincent are saying! I understand (almost) everything people say in spanish here. It’s amazing! Speaking spanish is another story though…
- Could find any open restaurant at 1h AM last night! It was Sunday but still… Well, we ended up finding a open bar where we had some simple but good sandwiches.
- I really liked the GNOME 3.0 talk today. It was useful to show how many cool things are happening for GNOME 3.0.
- Went to a quick/informal GTK+ meeting today. I hope some the stuff discussed there turn into actual action soon.
- Daniel is right, I’m 23 years old! :-P
- For some weird reason, I ended up being the “official” photographer for the GCDS group photo! Terrible idea as I’m a lousy photographer! :-P (I’ll publish it soon bt the way)
- GSettings looks pretty interesting. Client side windows in GTK+ seems very promissing. Love Moblin’s Mojito. GNOME Shell is moving really fast.
- GNOME 1,2,3 talk was awesome!
- More later!
So, just after the Kris‘ keynote presenting the GTK+ 3.0 plans, we, your beloved release team, quickly presented our proposed plan for GNOME 3.0. There are still lots of details to discuss but the important thing is that our proposed mindset for 3.0 is in place for discussion now. It involves a relatively smooth transition from 2.x to 3.x, a more focused and inclusive development process, long-term development cycles, and more. We hope to get some fruitful discussions during GUADEC and to present the plan in a more structured and detailed way to everyone soon.
So, here are my quick comment for the day:
- Luis opening talk: quick and nice.
- Release team meeting: we prepared some interesting slides.
- Board meeting about where the next GUADEC will take place.
- Had time to attend two talks: Clutter and Leisa Reichelt. Both pretty cool.
- Spent the rest of afternoon working on the organization of the Drooling Macaque “concert” and jam session.
- At night, “concert” and jam session: I think it was really fun! Thanks to everyone who participated by being part of the band or by just being a nice audience!
- Tomorrow: maybe more small meetings, some talks to see, and boat party at night!
More quick comments:
- Saw half of two talks by Vincent about release notes and translation web tools and process. Cool stuff, as usual.
- Spent most of the day on the advisory board meeting (which was a much better because of Stormy‘s coordination).
- Unfortunately, because of the advisory board meeting, I couldn’t play soccer. Maybe next year?
- Went for dinner with a bunch GNOME people.
- After dinner, long conversation with Vincent about several GNOME topics (future of the project, board, new contributors, current situation, etc).
- Tomorrow: one more release team meeting, one more board meeting, maybe will see some talks, and jam session at GUADEC’s opening cocktail (you can’t miss this!).
Some quick comments:
- Istanbul is great: the weather, architecture, … a nicely chaotic city. Be careful with taxi drivers!
- Met most of my great friends in GNOME. Cool, really cool.
- As you probably read, Stormy is our executive director now. This is exciting news, really. Welcome Stormy!
- Spent most of the day in board and release team meetings. Good ones.
- Tomorrow, more meetings, maybe soccer, and more fun, for sure!
I’ve just arrived at the Golden Horn hotel (Sirceki) in Istanbul. I’m tired.
Drop me a comment, e-mail or irc ping if you want to have beer tonight!
Just booked my flights to Istambul. I’ll stay at the Golden Horn Hotel (Sirkeci). I’m sure I’ll have an amazing time at GUADEC. Yay!