That annual list of awkward incomplete pop music preferences: Stuff I listened to a lot in the last 12 months (and which did not necessarily get released in 2016).
When it comes to concerts:
- Supersilent left me without words.
- In Electronica, Digitalism were beautifully vibrant and energetic (cannot say if it was a DJ set or a concert – somewhere in between).
Also enjoyed numerous challenging Neoru DJ sets (one flyer really called that “post-genre”), Poliça, Zola Jesus, and Bulp.
- In the guitar section, blessed to see Ignite again after all those years (still the band I’ve seen the most) and (classic) Motorpsycho.
- In Hiphop, it was a pleasure to see and talk to Little Simz and Angel Haze (see last year). Die Antwoord were entertaining as expected.
When it comes to headphones:
- In Electronica, Simple Forms by The Naked and Famous is probably my favorite. School Of Seven Bells had a post-mortem release, and (thanks to Silvana Imam) I got aware of Beatrice Eli.
- In Hiphop and those things: Tommy Genesis (who I unfortunately missed live), Mala Rodríguez, Elliphant, Jamila Woods.
Thanks to my peeps. You know who you are. :)