Google Code-in will take place again soon (from October 23 to December 13). GCI is an annual contest for 13-17 year old students to start contributing to free and open projects. It is not only about coding: We also need tasks about design, documentation, outreach/research, and quality assurance. And you can mentor them!
- Your gadget code uses some deprecated API calls?
- You’d enjoy helping someone port your template to Lua?
- You’d welcome some translation help (which cannot be performed by machines)?
- Your documentation needs specific improvements?
- Your user interface has some smaller design issues?
- Your Outreachy/Summer of Code project welcomes small tweaks?
- You have tasks in mind that welcome some research?
Note that “beginner tasks” (e.g. “Set up Vagrant”) and generic tasks are very welcome (like “Choose and fix 2 PHP7 issues from the list in this task” style).
Thank you in advance, as we cannot run this without your help.