Given the success of this pattern of project-related updates in Gtk, maybe we can try to do this for Builder too. We’ve had lots of updates this past week in Builder and related projects.
- Builder has switched to meson for building Builder. Autotools has been removed. This does NOT affect build systems supported by Builder.
- Non-builder related widgets and utilities have moved into
libdazzle. Roughly 50k fewer lines of code in Builder.
- template-glib and jsonrpc-glib are now external projects. Our meson-based build system will automatically install them if necessary.
- libdazzle’s DzlApplication now handles theme loading, menu merging, and icon loading. It also simplifies widget theming for non-Adwaita themes.
- Builder’s panel engine was revamped and moved to libdazzle. Various CSS fallbacks were added, including Arc theme.
- New releases (3.25.2) of gnome-builder, template-glib, jsonrpc-glib, and libdazzle.
- Builder has switched to DzlSuggestionEntry for search. This design is not final by any means, so I expect further changes.
- Shortcut engine development continues.
- libdazzle’s fuzzy search has been vastly improved, while keeping overhead low.
- Lots of widgets have been moved into libdazzle.
- DzlThreeGrid — This is a three-column layout (with centered column) and rows.
- Preferences — Copy the Builder style preferences in your app
- Menu merging — Automatic menus.ui merging and management, handy for plugins.
- StackList — Make your list boxes fly around
- CPU graphs
- MultiPaned — No more nested GtkPaned, deals with resizing, expanding, min and natural sizes appropriately.
- RadioBox — Fancy joined buttons that act like radio boxes. Easily extendable for dynamic content.
- Empty State — Your standard empty state helper
- Progress Buttons — Both GNOME Software and Epiphany style animated download buttons.
- Chromium and Firefox web-browser style auto-completion.
- Lazy Tree Builders — These really simplify building large tree views with dynamic content.
- Lots of utilities, data structures, and miscellaneous library glue.
- A whole bunch of tests have been added to libdazzle. More are always needed.
If you’d like to help with the development of Builder or any of it’s associated libraries, come join us in #gnome-builder on irc.gnome.org.