This week was a little slower as I was struggling with an adjustment to my new medication. Things progress nonetheless.
I spent a little time this week triaging some incoming Text Editor issues and feature requests. I’d really like this application to get into maintenance mode soon because I have plenty of other projects to maintain.
- Added support for
gnome-text-editor -to open a file from standard input, even if you’re communicating to a single instance application from terminal.
- Branch GNOME 42 so we can add new strings.
- Fix a no-data-loss crash during shutdown.
- Fix template evaluation on macOS.
- Make boolean expression precedence more predictable.
- Cleanup output of templates with regards to newlines.
- Propagate modified page state to tabs
- Some action tweaks to make things more keyboard shortcut friendly.
- Merged support for configuration editing from Georges.
- Add lots of keybindings using our new keybinding engine.
- Track down and triage that shortcut controllers do not capture/bubble to popovers. Added workarounds for common popovers in Builder.
- Teach Builder to load keybindings from plugins again and auto-manage them.
- Lots of tweaks to the debugger UI and where widgetry is placed.
- Added syntax highlighting for debugger disassembly.
- Added menus and toggles for various logging and debugger hooks. You can get a breakpoint on
g_critical()by checking a box.
- Ability to select a build target as the default build target finally.
- More menuing fixes all over the place, particularly with treeviews and sourceviews.
- Fix keyboard navigation and activation for the new symbol-tree
- Port the find-other-file plugin to the new workspace design which no longer requires using global search.
- GTK 4 doesn’t appear to scroll to cells in textview as reliably as I’d like, so I dropped the animation code in Builder and we jump strait to the target before showing popovers.
- Various work on per-language settings overrides by project.
- Drop the Rust
rlsplugin as we can pretty much just rely on
- Lots of CSS tweaks to make things fit a bit better with upcoming GNOME styling.
- Fix broken dialog which prevented SDK updates from occurring with other dependencies.