For some reason, I had to split a CUE file and a losslessly compressed audio file into single files to make it one file per track instead of one big file. My audio file was compressed with APE which I didn’t know before at all. But it has a weird license anyway.
So I came across a really good page describing what to do which is basically using shntool (homepage). It’s really good, easy to use and has built in transcoding through appropriate third party programs, so I could transcode to Vorbis on the fly 🙂 It converts anything to anything, as long as it’s sound so you might find that tool useful as well 🙂
My University decided to publish some videos using an DivX Codec. These videos are part of some Software Engineering class and serves as a replacement for real customer interaction.
Anyway, I decided to transcode those videos using a free codec and I boldly announced, that I’ll do that without actually knowing how much work that’d be. In fact, I feared kilobytes of arguments to mencoder or ffmpeg. I also didn’t want to use new and awesome stuff like Transmageddon or Arista, because I wanted a really simple solution, like any2wav. I imagined something like any2theora which simply does what I want.
It turns out, that ffmpeg2theora exists and it does exactly what I want. It is really simple to use, no command line argument whatsoever to produce a well working Theora encoded video with Vorbis encoded sound.