October 10, 2010
This week… 1988 commits, in 187 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Too many modules to list were ported to use upstream gettext instead of the glib version, and to GTK+ 3, be it complete ports or updates to match recent changes.
- William Jon McCann added a “persistence” server capability to notification-daemon, and the corresponding support in libnotify; this will allow clients to determine if the server will only show transient notifications or has notification persistence. If the server supports persistence then the client should not perform its own message persistence (for example by showing a status icon).
- Hans Breuer fixed the saving of some display settings (antialiasing, snap-to-object…) in Dia . (GNOME bug 155929)
- Meld was modified to use Myers matcher for inline differences (part of GNOME bug 587410).
- An “Edit Image” toolbar button hs been added to eog, conditionnally enabled if a specific image editor is specified in GSettings . (GNOME bug 609958)
- Florian Müllner published an “overview-relayout” branch of GNOME Shell, inaugurating his blog with a From the land of Shell post.
- Sanford Armstrong ported the note XML to HTML transformation that happens in Snowy to the lxml library (GNOME bug 631189).
- In Brasero Philippe Rouquier added a new check for the volume free space when creating an image.
- The control panel of GNOME Color Manager has been split into four tabs to reduce the window height.
- Thomas Wood started implementing new UI designs from Jakup Steiner and Hylke Bons for the datetime configuration panel.
- The “ui-widgets” branch has been merged into gnome-keyring, Stef Walter posted about it in Certificate and Key Widgets.
- Luca Bruno started adding Brtfs-handling modules to gparted.
- In glib Ryan Lortie added GSettings APIs for range and choices . (GNOME bug 631263)
- And in GTK+ Cody Russell added resize grips to GtkWindow, and Matthias Clasen also posted about it in Getting a grip.
|Changwoo Ryu||70||gnome-control-center, ekiga, rygel and others|
|Jürg Billeter||69||vala, tracker|
|Matthias Clasen||63||gtk+, jhbuild, releng and others|
|Jorge González||52||gnome-utils, gcalctool, libgda and others|
|Richard Hughes||51||gnome-color-manager, gnome-packagekit, gnome-power-manager|
|Benjamin Otte||51||gnome-system-tools, gtk+, libwnck and others|
|Javier Jardón||51||gtk+, gnome-hello, evolution-data-server and others|
|William Jon McCann||49||notification-daemon, libnotify, gnome-control-center and others|
|Milan Crha||44||evolution, evolution-data-server, evolution-mapi and others|
|Ryan Lortie||43||glib, vala, dconf and others|