October 21, 2012
This week… 2002 commits, in 189 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 382 were translation commits).
- Bastien Nocera added forward geocoding search (the process of turning an address into a latitude and longitude) to geoclue-glib.
- Carlos Garcia Campos switched devhelp to use WebKit 2 by default.
- Parag Nemade added a single default ibus engine for Indic locales to gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin . (GNOME bug 685954)
- In orca Joanmarie Diggs added a fix for braille email address auto completions in Thunderbird.
- In gdm Tim Lunn contributed a fix for shutdown and restart on ConsoleKit systems . (GNOME bug 686125)
- Cosimo Cecchi changed Nautilus bookmarks handling to avoid synchronous I/O.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to use libdvdcss, if available, for creating images of DVDs.
- Rob Bradford ported cogl to the new Wayland protocol.
- Kai Willadsen fixed meld to correctly handle metadata-only changes in Git . (GNOME bug 655315)
- Xan Lopez fixed epiphany so it doesn’t automatically download embedded objects . (GNOME bug 683635)
- Michael Hill updated the gnome help in gnome-user-docs to reflect the removal of mode switch.
- Debarshi Ray added ownCloud support to gnome-online-accounts . (GNOME bug 660573)
- In gnumeric Morten Welinder improved the speed of saving large sheets as ODS file, also reducing file size along the way.
- Robert Ancell landed the Vala part of gcalctool . (GNOME bug 640685)
October 14, 2012
This week… 1540 commits, in 234 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 365 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson imported the gvfs-test test frameworks from Martin Pitt into the gvfs source tree.
- In gxml Richard Schwarting added examples in C, Vala, JS, and Python on how to create and save documents.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a new widget to handle 24-hour format time in gnome-calendar.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-color-manager to have a ‘Show details’ button for already-installed profiles.
- In folks Jeremy Whiting contributed a new Ofono backend to read contacts from SIM cards.
- Ondrej Holy added trackball detection to gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 685941)
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of hard links in file-roller . (GNOME bug 686061)
- In glib, Dan Winship landed GTask, this is a replacement for GSimpleAsyncResult and GIOScheduler, that also allows for making cancellable wrappers around non-cancellable functions . (GNOME bug 661767)
- Morten Welinder fixed the performance of gnumeric when writing a xslx file.
- Aurimas Černius added an application menu to gnote.
- Daniel Stone ported clutter to the new Wayland and xkbcommon APIs.
- Jasper St. Pierre included a new code style/hacking guide into gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 661241)
- Xan Lopez removed support for extensions in Epiphany, see bug report for rationale . (GNOME bug 685630)
- David Zeuthen started reworking the “Create RAID Array” dialog of gnome-disk-utility.
October 7, 2012
This week… 2038 commits, in 182 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Xan Lopez imported the adblock extension into epiphany source tree . (GNOME bug 681657)
- Germán Poó Caamaño ported postr to GTK+ 3.
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance started experimenting with DITA support.
- Felix Riemann updated eog to use GtkApplication to inhibit the screensaver during slideshows . (GNOME bug 684581)
- In file-roller Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of encrypted and multi-volume archives.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for keyboard item activation in libgd.
- Stefano Facchini ported gnome-system-monitor to have an Application menu.
- Jens Georg updated rygel to the new GUPnP vapi.
- Rui Matos changed gnome-settings-daemon to convert old libgnomekbd and IBus settings . (GNOME bug 685458)
- In GTK+ Alexander Larsson updated the broadway backend to use binary websockets if available.
- Aurimas Černius changed gnote to make it possible to have several search windows.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GtkApplication, and added an Application menu.
September 2, 2012
This week… 2224 commits, in 227 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 608 were translation commits).
- Lucian Langa added parser and formatter modules to handle feed articles in evolution-rss.
- Mike Fleetwood contributed LVM2 Physical Volumes read and write support to gparted . (GNOME bug 670171)
- Florian Müllner added an application menu to sound juicer . (GNOME bug 675245)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification while tracker is indexing the file system . (GNOME bug 670995)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos reworked the toolbar of gnome-calendar to match the mockups.
- In gnome-clocks Paolo Borelli added stop and snooze buttons when an alarm is ringing.
- The port of GIMP filters to gegl operations, done as a Google Summer of Code project by Maxime Nicco and Hans Lo, has landed.
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to correctly use cached contacts first . (GNOME bug 682706)
- Philip Withnall added support for lazy initialisation of properties into folks.
- Pascal de Bruijn contributed support for the Arduino wifi shield to gnoduino.
- In clutter Emanuele Aina added support for panning in scrollable actors . (GNOME bug 681648)
- Sebastian Geiger improved the ‘print to file’ options in the print dialog of GTK +. (GNOME bug 682129)
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to load WebP images in gthumb.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna added a new lock screen menu to combine volume network and power . (GNOME bug 682540)
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to not use IBus when running in fallback mode . (GNOME bug 679819)
- Claudio Saavedra ‘in-tab-overview’ branch of Epiphany has landed, it implements a replacement for the default page that shows a grid with the most visited pages.
August 12, 2012
This week… 2287 commits, in 213 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 508 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported sushi to GStreamer 1.0 . (GNOME bug 680425)
- Ryan Lortie enabled i18n support for dconf-editor . (GNOME bug 642217)
- Marc-André Lureau added a search bar to gnome-boxes, it will search as you type and filter the boxes . (GNOME bug 681089)
- Giovanni Campagna updated the gnome-shell screen shield to tween from the top when explicitly locking . (GNOME bug 681143)
- Fabiana Simões reviewed and updated eog user documentation, also added pages for the picasa and fullscreen background plugins.
- William Jon McCann updated nautilus to select the first item in search results by default.
- Marek Kašík ported gnome-search-tool to GSettings . (GNOME bug 632429)
- More work on AFP support in gvfs has been pushed by Carl-Anton Ingmarsson, it now has a worker thread in GVfsAfpConnection and log out from the server on umount.
- Lennart Poettering changed gdm to always run on VT1 (while adding a –with-initial-vt=… configure switch for other values ). (GNOME bug 511168)
- Aurimas Černius migrated gnote to depend on libsecret instead of libgnome-keyring.
- Paolo Bacchilega merged a new ‘Add Files’ dialog to file-roller, that allows the user to select both files and folders.
- Ville Sokk did some small optimisation the the file backends of gegl.
- Carlos Garcia Campos updated epiphany to show information about the SSL errors when clicking on lock icon . (GNOME bug 681506)
- In gnome-control-center Matthias Clasen updated the hotspot dialog from the network panel to match the mockups more closely.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GApplication and GtkApplication, and used the later to inhibit the screensaver.
August 5, 2012
This week… 1689 commits, in 166 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 350 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega added an application menu to gthumb.
- Milan Crha updated evolution-ews to be able to read/write folder permissions.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa commited a new design for the alarms dialog.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting Epiphany to webkit2, this week the inspector and the disk cache.
- Matthias Clasen deprecated thread functions in gdk . (GNOME bug 680754)
- Lucian Langa initiated the gsettings migration of evolution-rss.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made the Create/Restore Disk Image dialogs non-modal.
- William Jon McCann added a way to rank search results in Nautilus, it gives each search hit a relevance score computed from the sum of proximity, recent, and text match bonuses . (GNOME bug 680163)
- Matthew Barnes added D-Bus interfaces to evolution-data-server for remote resource management.
- Jasper St. Pierre integrated gnome-initial-setup into gdm . (GNOME bug 678057)
- Ville Sokk added both a memory mapped file backend and a threaded memory map file backend to gegl.
- Richard Hughes changed the gnome-control-center to show hotspot details in a new sub-frame.
- Florian Müllner updated gnome-shell login screen user list to indicate whether users are logged in . (GNOME bug 658185)
- Morten Welinder improved inter-workbook calculations in Gnumeric.
July 15, 2012
This week… 1778 commits, in 207 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 225 were translation commits).
- Edward Hervey ported clutter-gst to GStreamer 1.0, and Florian Müllner did the same for gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 679445)
- Juan Pablo Ugarte fixed important memory leaks in glade . (GNOME bug 679487)
- In epiphany Carlos Garcia Campos continued his port to WebKit2, this time with support for persistent cookies . (GNOME bug 679369)
- David Henningsson and Conor Curran added the necessary backend work to get the gnome-control-center sound panel use the new port introspection capability of PulseAudio 2.0 . (GNOME bug 674831)
- Martin Pieuchot contributed support for allocating PTYs through openpty on BSD to gvfs sftp backend . (GNOME bug 679790)
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to rescan device when it’s done restoring a disk image onto it, so no physical replug is necessary.
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a “recent files” place . (GNOME bug 325824)
- In gtk-vnc Daniel P. Berrange added support for connecting to GSocketAddress instances.
- Robert Bragg added support for resizable windows to cogl.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to set IBus engines from input sources . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to extract rar archives with ‘The Unarchiver’ (unar ). (GNOME bug 646606)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a dialpad button widget to Empathy, to improve the dialpad functionalities . (GNOME bug 679396)
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to make it possible to cancel search in search folders . (GNOME bug 578240)
- Jean Bréfort added support for gobject introspection to gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670271)
- In libsecret Stefan Walter added some documentation for how to migrate from libgnome-keyring.
- Rob Bradford landed several wayland changes in GTK+, including a port to the new input protocol mechanism.
July 1, 2012
This week… 1816 commits, in 178 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 243 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a JsonValue type to json-glib, lighter than GValue.
- Brian Cameron updated gdm to reload config on SIGHUP.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added rotate and flip buttons to aravis viewer.
- Bertrand Lorentz switched Banshee to use Last.fm 2.0 API for scrobbling.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for Google Drawings to libgdata . (GNOME bug 633548)
- In atk Alejandro Piñeiro added a default implementation of implementation for atk_util_[add/remove]_global_event_listener, a first step towards a multi-toolkit environment.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa contributed the required bits for deleting clocks.
- Matthias Clasen added manual pages for all gvfs utilities.
- In gnome-contacts Florian Müllner added a search provider for GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 679002)
- Milan Crha fixed kerberos authentication in evolution-mapi.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated empathy new roster view to allow to send files using DnD . (GNOME bug 678524)
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting many parts of Epiphany to WebKit2, Claudio Saavedra helped too.
- Dan Winship added an explicit iterator for GMainContext sources to GLib, named GSourceIter . (GNOME bug 619329)
- Bastien Nocera removed the screenshot UI of Totem, making it flash the video instead, like GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 674640)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to enable Microsoft Exchange support by default.
June 24, 2012
This week… 1377 commits, in 160 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Christian Hergert changed gnome-desktop to draw monitor labels with rounded corners . (GNOME bug 591025)
- In gcr Stef Walter reworked how DER pasing works.
- Alexander Larsson added fast approximations of x2.4 and x(1/2.4) to speed up gamma conversion in babl . (GNOME bug 678318)
- Lionel Landwerlin added touch events support in Clutter . (GNOME bug 678278)
- In dia Hans Breuer fixed some SVG import error.
- Seif Lotfy changed Empathy to show popular contacts in the “Top Contacts” group . (GNOME bug 678083)
- Giovanni Campagna updated gnome-shell to sort wifi networks by strength . (GNOME bug 658946)
- Carlos Garcia Campos landed the WebKit2 port of Epiphany.
- Aurimas Černius added a WebDav sync addin to gnote.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a settings dialog for power management and acoustic levels.
- In gnome-control-center Thomas Bechtold contributed the possibility to find connections for a specific MAC address . (GNOME bug 677899)
- Giovanni Campagna ported the clock from gnome-panel to modern GNOME technologies (gsettings, new libgweather, GDateTime ). (GNOME bug 677512)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to run as a D-Bus service as well (org.gnome.ArchiveManager1).
May 20, 2012
This week… 1593 commits, in 201 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 319 were translation commits).
- In Pitivi Jean-François Fortin Tam merged the ges (GStreamer Editing Services) branch.
- Xan Lopez added support for Do Not Track into Epiphany.
- William Jon McCann redesigned gnome-control-center universal access panel for consistency and smallness . (GNOME bug 665588)
- Florian Müllner added a simple application menu to gucharmap . (GNOME bug 674952)
- Fabrice Bellet contributed a fix to Vino to use XFixes to provide the correct cursor image . (GNOME bug 492033)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed gtksourceview to use a GResource for the XML description of its completion UI . (GNOME bug 674643)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed brightness and contrast functionality to gnome-shell magnifier . (GNOME bug 639851)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to set the Accept-Language header, so the Facebook login page appears in the correct language.
- Danielle Madeley revamped empathy roster window menu, converting it into an application menu.
- Chenthill Palanisamy added the possibility to send mails through groupwise SOAP protocol to evolution-groupwise.
- David Zeuthen did various improvements to the gnome-disk-utility SMART dialog.
- In Evolution Milan Crha added year scrolling to the date picker . (GNOME bug 206484)
- Craig Keogh added support for a systemmodule tag to JHBuild . (GNOME bug 669554)
- Alexandre Prokoudine replaced various GIMP filters by GEGL operations.