April 26, 2009
This week… 2205 commits, in 220 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 267 were translation commits).
- Still in the aftermath of the Git migration, 189 commits were about DOAP files and JHBuild got his Git support quite improved.
- Empathy now displays the transfer speed in its file transfer dialog . (GNOME bug 580097)
- Meld has added support for SVK . (GNOME bug 416418)
- Epiphany was fixed to use GNOME settings for the default font sizes, instead of the WebKitGTK+ defaults.
- The libgnomeui dependency was removed from both the GStreamer Properties and the Media Profiles in gnome-media.
- Peter Bloomfield ported the Balsa mail client to use GMime 2.4.
- In evolution-data-server, Rob Branford ported libedata and libebook to D-Bus in the D-Bus branch, and Philip Withnall converted the Google calendar backend to use the external libgdata in the libgdata-port branch.
- David Zeuthen commited his GDBus work in a new gdbus branch of glib; and Dan Winship merged his GResolver (a glib-ish interface to DNS) branch into glib (and blogged about it ). (GNOME bug 548466)
- Nautilus now use g_timeout_add_seconds instead of g_timeout_add where appropriate (GNOME bug 574033); also Deprecated GTK+ symbols were removed . (GNOME bug 565038)
- Shaun McCance pushed his Mallard branch to the gnome-doc-utils repository.
- GNote, the Tomboy Gtkmm clone, got support for Add-ins . (GNOME bug 578980)
April 19, 2009
This week… 1889 commits, in 207 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 407 were translation commits).
- The Git migration happened, and 84 commits were about doap files, and 44 about .gitignore files.
- gnome-netstatus, empathy and gnome-dictionary (from gnome-utils , GNOME bug 577943) all switched to GtkBuilder.
- libgdata added support for ETags, to allow for versioning when querying, updating and deleting entries . (GNOME bug 578661)
- A new plugin has been added to eog, to order images randomly in slideshow mode . (GNOME bug 562135)
- Libchamplain got support for more advanced markers, allowing to set many properties on markers, allowing features such as attached image or text and how if should be displayed (wrapped, ellipsized, etc .). (GNOME bug 576055)
- Matthew Barnes updated gnome-video-arcade to make game play back work again with recent MAME releases.
- Sabayon was updated to use Xephyr instead of Xnest.
- Xan Lopez fixed backwards search in Epiphany Find Toolbar.
- Empathy got a new “join chatroom” dialog, which will only load the room list when the rooms are displayed.
- Seed imports system was changed to match the one in gjs, making it easier to port applications between them. Robert Carr posted details in some Seed updated.
April 12, 2009
This week… 1245 commits, in 160 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 277 were translation commits).
- The 3.0 platform cleaning plan was announced and already beared a lot of results : baobab, hamster-applet, gcalctool and glchess got ported to GtkBuilder; brasero, the toolbar editor in libegg and yelp got rid of their glib and GTK+ deprecated symbols; gnome-mag migrated to gio/gvfs; and eog incorporated all it needef rom libart_lgpl, thus removing its dependency (GNOME bug 577940, GNOME bug 578219, GNOME bug 571868, GNOME bug 578304, GNOME bug 517732, GNOME bug 573023, GNOME bug 556808 and GNOME bug 556807, at least).
- Also Matthew Barnes killed the deprecated html-editor component from gtkhtml2, getting rid of bonobo (GNOME bug 571743).
- Several gnome-games (aisleriot, gnibbles, mahjongg, and iagno) were updated to use g_timeout_add_seconds where sensible . (GNOME bug 564202).
- Vincent Untz improved his gnome-session patch, and commited the fix so that reboot and shutdown also leave the session properly, by letting apps exist before doing the real reboot/shutdown.
- The GVFS FTP backend saw several fixes (including GNOME bug 520399, GNOME bug 573349).
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added source code completion to GtkSourceView.
- pygtk was changed to use numpy instead of Numeric, that was no longer maintained (GNOME bug 387544).
- Empathy added a new presence selector widget, that incorporates a text field for quick setting of custom messages (GNOME bug 569449).
April 5, 2009
This week… 1520 commits, in 164 projects, by 160 happy hackers (and 180 were translation commits).
- GTK+ and glib switched to git.gnome.org; so Alexander Larsson sent in his client-side-windows branch; in the meantime Dan Winship published a glib branch adding GResolver, a glib-ish interface to DNS.
- Gerd Kohlberger migrated gok to libcanberra; it was the last module using esound.
- Anjuta git plugin got checkout support; and the project import wizard has been replaced by a simpler dialog that allows to import directly from a version control system.
- A patch by Simon van der Linden got commited to gnome-terminal, adding a “Leave Fullscreen” menu item (GNOME bug 566335).
- Totem switched from bacon-message-connection to libunique (GNOME bug 162822), also a new D-Bus Service plugin (GNOME bug 576016) and the YouTube plugin was ported to C, using the new libgdata library.
- Matthew Barnes continues his hard work removing bonobo usage from evolution, he finished attachment dragndrop in the composer window.
- Evince fading animations got fixed (the next page was displayed before animation started).
- Empathy was fixed so IRC commands without special support are no longer sent as plaintext . (GNOME bug 577026).
- Rhythmbox improved his support for MTP devices; it now creates album objects on the device when transferring songs, and sends the album art to the device if it supports the JPEG file type.