April 19, 2009
This week… 1889 commits, in 207 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 407 were translation commits).
- The Git migration happened, and 84 commits were about doap files, and 44 about .gitignore files.
- gnome-netstatus, empathy and gnome-dictionary (from gnome-utils , GNOME bug 577943) all switched to GtkBuilder.
- libgdata added support for ETags, to allow for versioning when querying, updating and deleting entries . (GNOME bug 578661)
- A new plugin has been added to eog, to order images randomly in slideshow mode . (GNOME bug 562135)
- Libchamplain got support for more advanced markers, allowing to set many properties on markers, allowing features such as attached image or text and how if should be displayed (wrapped, ellipsized, etc .). (GNOME bug 576055)
- Matthew Barnes updated gnome-video-arcade to make game play back work again with recent MAME releases.
- Sabayon was updated to use Xephyr instead of Xnest.
- Xan Lopez fixed backwards search in Epiphany Find Toolbar.
- Empathy got a new “join chatroom” dialog, which will only load the room list when the rooms are displayed.
- Seed imports system was changed to match the one in gjs, making it easier to port applications between them. Robert Carr posted details in some Seed updated.
November 30, 2008
This week… 1476 commits, in 165 projects, by 160 happy hackers (and 155 were translation commits).
- There were lots of 2.24.2 tagging, with 2.24.2 released on Wednesday.
- Many modules completed the “Cleaning up GTK Includes” goal (file-roller, system-monitor, gnome-session, fast-user-switch-applet, libgweather, gnome-nettool and gnome-netstatus).
- Another goal is about removing deprecated GTK+ symbols, gdm, system-monitor and gnome-netstatus completed it.
- gedit merged plugin system changes from its “new_plugin” branch; this includes a new python plugin loader, references to Python have been removed from gedit core.
- Christian Persh continued cleaning gnome-terminal and added a runtime debugging framework.
- Ron McOuat patch to add support for basic and digest authentication in souphttpstr (in GStreamer) got applied.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo gave some attention to gnome-netstatus, cleaning it up (including the removal of the libgnomeui dependency) and applying some long-waiting patches (most notable being the consideration of Fitt’s law).
- Aisleriot gained a new game, Queen of Italy (aka Terrace)
- Lutz Mueller and Morten Welinder made it possible to drag a sheet from gnumeric to gedit (or any other text program).
- Finally Evolution CalDAV support gained support for VTODO and VJOURNAL resources