November 4, 2012
This week… 1548 commits, in 157 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 275 were translation commits).
- Jakub Steiner made sure the digits of cantarell Bold were monospaced . (GNOME bug 643871)
- In pinpoint Christoph Fischer repositioned speaker notes box to better use the available height.
- Cosimo Cecchi added simple extractor for DVI and XPS files to tracker . (GNOME bug 687162 and GNOME bug 687160)
- César García Tapia added the beginning of a search bar into gnome-music.
- In grilo-plugins Juan A. Suarez Romero changed the flickr plugin to deal with photos only, not videos.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added a zoom option to the lasem renderer.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-settings-daemon power plugin to avoid suspending, dimming or blanking the screen when running as a virtual machine . (GNOME bug 684801)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-boxes to use the notification widget from libgd . (GNOME bug 679106)
- In empathy Giovanni Campagna implemented Google OAUTH2 authentication for GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 652546)
- Jens Georg added an API for Rygel plugins to tell their capabilities . (GNOME bug 676024)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the webkit2 branch of gitg.
- Jean Bréfort added new color maps for color and pseudo-3d axes in goffice.
- Aurimas Černius added a special notebook for pinned notes in gnote.
- Darcy Bras da Silva contributed repeat, no-repeat, shuffle, no-shuffle commands to rhythmbox-client.
October 28, 2012
This week… 1733 commits, in 182 projects, by 192 happy hackers (and 228 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance implemented side-by-side link tiles in yelp-xsl.
- Emmanuele Bassi added typed initializers to json-glib.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to use scaletempo instead of soundpitch plugin.
- In gnome-shell-extensions Giovanni Campagna updated the alternative-status-menu extension.
- Matthias Clasen made zeitgeist optional again in folks.
- Jordi Mas added two new calculation games to gbrainy.
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification when indexing remote documents takes a long time . (GNOME bug 660507)
- In gnome-boxes Alexander Larsson moved the “force shutdown” from the app menu to the properties view.
- Dan Winship ported glib-networking and libsoup to use GTask.
- Stefano Facchini added support for styling the dragged header in GTK+ tree view . (GNOME bug 684980)
- In pygobject Martin Pitt removed static MainLoop, MainContext, and some GSource bindings as they are now properly introspectable . (GNOME bug 686443)
- Emmanuel Pacaud added support for viewport-fill, viewport-opacity, and enable-background properties to lasem.
- In glib Colin Walters made g_variant_new_from_bytes() public . (GNOME bug 677062)
October 21, 2012
This week… 2002 commits, in 189 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 382 were translation commits).
- Bastien Nocera added forward geocoding search (the process of turning an address into a latitude and longitude) to geoclue-glib.
- Carlos Garcia Campos switched devhelp to use WebKit 2 by default.
- Parag Nemade added a single default ibus engine for Indic locales to gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin . (GNOME bug 685954)
- In orca Joanmarie Diggs added a fix for braille email address auto completions in Thunderbird.
- In gdm Tim Lunn contributed a fix for shutdown and restart on ConsoleKit systems . (GNOME bug 686125)
- Cosimo Cecchi changed Nautilus bookmarks handling to avoid synchronous I/O.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to use libdvdcss, if available, for creating images of DVDs.
- Rob Bradford ported cogl to the new Wayland protocol.
- Kai Willadsen fixed meld to correctly handle metadata-only changes in Git . (GNOME bug 655315)
- Xan Lopez fixed epiphany so it doesn’t automatically download embedded objects . (GNOME bug 683635)
- Michael Hill updated the gnome help in gnome-user-docs to reflect the removal of mode switch.
- Debarshi Ray added ownCloud support to gnome-online-accounts . (GNOME bug 660573)
- In gnumeric Morten Welinder improved the speed of saving large sheets as ODS file, also reducing file size along the way.
- Robert Ancell landed the Vala part of gcalctool . (GNOME bug 640685)
October 14, 2012
This week… 1540 commits, in 234 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 365 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson imported the gvfs-test test frameworks from Martin Pitt into the gvfs source tree.
- In gxml Richard Schwarting added examples in C, Vala, JS, and Python on how to create and save documents.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a new widget to handle 24-hour format time in gnome-calendar.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-color-manager to have a ‘Show details’ button for already-installed profiles.
- In folks Jeremy Whiting contributed a new Ofono backend to read contacts from SIM cards.
- Ondrej Holy added trackball detection to gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 685941)
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of hard links in file-roller . (GNOME bug 686061)
- In glib, Dan Winship landed GTask, this is a replacement for GSimpleAsyncResult and GIOScheduler, that also allows for making cancellable wrappers around non-cancellable functions . (GNOME bug 661767)
- Morten Welinder fixed the performance of gnumeric when writing a xslx file.
- Aurimas Černius added an application menu to gnote.
- Daniel Stone ported clutter to the new Wayland and xkbcommon APIs.
- Jasper St. Pierre included a new code style/hacking guide into gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 661241)
- Xan Lopez removed support for extensions in Epiphany, see bug report for rationale . (GNOME bug 685630)
- David Zeuthen started reworking the “Create RAID Array” dialog of gnome-disk-utility.
October 7, 2012
This week… 2038 commits, in 182 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Xan Lopez imported the adblock extension into epiphany source tree . (GNOME bug 681657)
- Germán Poó Caamaño ported postr to GTK+ 3.
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance started experimenting with DITA support.
- Felix Riemann updated eog to use GtkApplication to inhibit the screensaver during slideshows . (GNOME bug 684581)
- In file-roller Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of encrypted and multi-volume archives.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for keyboard item activation in libgd.
- Stefano Facchini ported gnome-system-monitor to have an Application menu.
- Jens Georg updated rygel to the new GUPnP vapi.
- Rui Matos changed gnome-settings-daemon to convert old libgnomekbd and IBus settings . (GNOME bug 685458)
- In GTK+ Alexander Larsson updated the broadway backend to use binary websockets if available.
- Aurimas Černius changed gnote to make it possible to have several search windows.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GtkApplication, and added an Application menu.
September 30, 2012
This week… 2185 commits, in 228 projects, by 268 happy hackers (and 806 were translation commits).
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller added code to handle missing decoders to Transmageddon.
- A new mining activity, by Peter Albrecht, landed in gcompris.
- Stefano Facchini ported gnome-system-monitor to GtkApplication . (GNOME bug 351087)
- José Alburquerque added the Converter[Input|Output]Stream classes to glibmm.
- Willem van Engen contributed Flickr support to gnome-online-accounts, disabled by default . (GNOME bug 678151)
- In zenity, Florian Müllner added an option to set a custom dialog icon, and another option to request a dialog to be modal . (GNOME bug 684329 and GNOME bug 684322)
- Jean Bréfort updated goffice to use lasem for equation support in graphs.
- Benjamin Otte had a huge refactoring of GTK+ css code to avoid computing wrong property values.
- Krzesimir Nowak contributed config file monitoring to Rygel.
- Heinrich Müller added a rough download meter to the pan2 newsreader . (GNOME bug 102402)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew added a new dialog for importing music into the library.
September 23, 2012
This week… 2841 commits, in 211 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 1448 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagna’s port of gnome-applets to the new libgweather landed . (GNOME bug 678977)
- Øyvind Kolås updated gegl color-reduction operation to do the quantization and dithering in gamma space.
- In Gimp Michael Natterer ported the print and animation-play plugins to GEGL.
- Jens Georg added the possibility to set arbitrary HTTP headers to grilo . (GNOME bug 680436)
- In gedit-plugins Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the colorpicker plugin to show overlayed an colorbutton when selecting an hex color.
- In gnome-shell Rui Matos added menu items for IBus Anthy’s InputMode and TypingMode . (GNOME bug 682314)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to save and restore the viewer sidebar state.
- Benjamin Otte landed CSS animation support into GTK+.
- Florian Müllner changed mutter to add a sad face in the force-quit dialog . (GNOME bug 684306)
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller ported Transmageddon to Python 3.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut of an implementation of “Laps” support in gnome-clocks.
- Matthias Clasen fixed gnome-control-center to make Enterprise WPA work again.
September 16, 2012
This week… 2999 commits, in 265 projects, by 306 happy hackers (and 771 were translation commits).
- Active work continued on the release-notes, with many contributions from Olav Vitters, Juanjo Marín, Andre Klapper, Matthias Clasen, and others.
- W. Michael Petullo contributed a DMAP plugin to Grilo . (GNOME bug 652516)
- In gdm Colin Walters did a major cleanup of greeter environment setup . (GNOME bug 630485)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to install the app menu only gnome-shell is running.
- Sébastien Wilmet added SyncTeX support to latexila, using the gedit synctex plugin as a basis.
- In gnome-panel Jeremy Bicha rearranged the user menu items to match GNOME Shell 3.6 . (GNOME bug 683650)
- Jasper St. Pierre reworked the grabbing code of gnome-shell to properly handle stacking . (GNOME bug 683546)
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a spinner when computing the contents of folders . (GNOME bug 78789)
- Jean Bréfort added a new scattered min-max plot type to goffice . (GNOME bug 683493)
- Matthias Clasen landed a serie of refinements to the gnome-control-center network panel.
- Sergio Villar Senin updated SoupBodyInputStream from libsoup to make it seekable . (GNOME bug 665884)
September 9, 2012
This week… 2896 commits, in 281 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 1186 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to allow scaling images before uploading to FlickR or PicasaWeb.
- Marek Kašík landed the redesign of the “new printer” dialog of gnome-control-center.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the import of multiple paths shape elements in gnumeric ODF plugin.
- In clutter Emmanuele Bassi added interpolation for matrices, making it possible for :transform and :child-transform to be animated.
- In pygobject Simon Feltman added a Signal class for adding and connecting custom signals . (GNOME bug 434924)
- Phillip Wood contributed support for composer tags to sound-juicer, particularly useful for classical music . (GNOME bug 661646)
- Sébastien Wilmet switched latexila from CMake to autotools.
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use libcheese rather than direct calls to gstreamer to take avatar photo.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed idle blank and sleep timeouts in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin . (GNOME bug 668703)
- Thiago Santos updated Cheese to the GStreamer 1.0 API.
- William Jon McCann landed a new design for the “Connect to Server” dialog of Nautilus . (GNOME bug 682637)
- Jean-François Fortin Tam implemented a Media Library toolbar into Pitivi.
- Carlos Garnacho added GtkTextHandle to GTK+, a helper object to allow text widgets to implement text selection on touch devices.
September 2, 2012
This week… 2224 commits, in 227 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 608 were translation commits).
- Lucian Langa added parser and formatter modules to handle feed articles in evolution-rss.
- Mike Fleetwood contributed LVM2 Physical Volumes read and write support to gparted . (GNOME bug 670171)
- Florian Müllner added an application menu to sound juicer . (GNOME bug 675245)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification while tracker is indexing the file system . (GNOME bug 670995)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos reworked the toolbar of gnome-calendar to match the mockups.
- In gnome-clocks Paolo Borelli added stop and snooze buttons when an alarm is ringing.
- The port of GIMP filters to gegl operations, done as a Google Summer of Code project by Maxime Nicco and Hans Lo, has landed.
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to correctly use cached contacts first . (GNOME bug 682706)
- Philip Withnall added support for lazy initialisation of properties into folks.
- Pascal de Bruijn contributed support for the Arduino wifi shield to gnoduino.
- In clutter Emanuele Aina added support for panning in scrollable actors . (GNOME bug 681648)
- Sebastian Geiger improved the ‘print to file’ options in the print dialog of GTK +. (GNOME bug 682129)
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to load WebP images in gthumb.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna added a new lock screen menu to combine volume network and power . (GNOME bug 682540)
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to not use IBus when running in fallback mode . (GNOME bug 679819)
- Claudio Saavedra ‘in-tab-overview’ branch of Epiphany has landed, it implements a replacement for the default page that shows a grid with the most visited pages.