November 4, 2012
This week… 1548 commits, in 157 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 275 were translation commits).
- Jakub Steiner made sure the digits of cantarell Bold were monospaced . (GNOME bug 643871)
- In pinpoint Christoph Fischer repositioned speaker notes box to better use the available height.
- Cosimo Cecchi added simple extractor for DVI and XPS files to tracker . (GNOME bug 687162 and GNOME bug 687160)
- César García Tapia added the beginning of a search bar into gnome-music.
- In grilo-plugins Juan A. Suarez Romero changed the flickr plugin to deal with photos only, not videos.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added a zoom option to the lasem renderer.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-settings-daemon power plugin to avoid suspending, dimming or blanking the screen when running as a virtual machine . (GNOME bug 684801)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-boxes to use the notification widget from libgd . (GNOME bug 679106)
- In empathy Giovanni Campagna implemented Google OAUTH2 authentication for GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 652546)
- Jens Georg added an API for Rygel plugins to tell their capabilities . (GNOME bug 676024)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the webkit2 branch of gitg.
- Jean Bréfort added new color maps for color and pseudo-3d axes in goffice.
- Aurimas Černius added a special notebook for pinned notes in gnote.
- Darcy Bras da Silva contributed repeat, no-repeat, shuffle, no-shuffle commands to rhythmbox-client.
November 6, 2011
This week… 1522 commits, in 143 projects, by 202 happy hackers (and 179 were translation commits).
- Dan Winship added API to handle redirections in libsoup.
- Chris Kühl modified gnome-system-monitor to include the process name in the end and kill process dialogs . (GNOME bug 560162)
- Will Thompson changed pinpoint to inhibit screensaver while fullscreened.
- In seahorse Stef Walter implemented locking and unlocking of tokens.
- Zeeshan Ali added basic support for creating a VM to gnome-boxes.
- In cogl Robert Bragg started reducing the dependency to glib.
- David Zeuthen changed gnome-disk-utility to default to formatting removable media as NTFS, noting that ideally we’d have a good filesystem for removable media but that’s not the way things work right now.
- Ekaterina Gerasimova rewrote the gnome-system-log help in Mallard . (GNOME bug 658455)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved text and hyperlinks import/export from and to ODF . (GNOME bug 663135 and GNOME bug 603533)
- In gparted Curtis Gedak fixed the display of ext2/3/4 and NTFS unicode volume labels . (GNOME bug 662537)
- Jean Bréfort added some optional support for EPS images into libgoffice.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first implementation of a search dropdown filter in gnome-documents.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew reworked the search UI and added a source toolbar.
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a serie of tools to manipulate xps files into libgxps.
- Jasper St. Pierre added tab-completion to gnome-shell looking glass . (GNOME bug 661054)
- Patricia Santana Cruz added camera hotplug support to the preferences dialog of Cheese . (GNOME bug 603612)
October 30, 2011
This week… 1840 commits, in 177 projects, by 198 happy hackers (and 254 were translation commits).
- In gtk-osx John Ralls created a separate build chain for gtk3.
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for the “file as” property of contacts, specifying their sort order if they have non-Western-style names or names which are otherwise incorrectly sorted in the contact list . (GNOME bug 661033)
- Marc-André Lureau added vapi bindings generation to gtk-vnc . (GNOME bug 662708)
- He then used it to add support for VNC displays into gnome-boxes.
- Dov Grobgeld added support for pixel grid to the giv image viewer.
- Damien Lespiau changed pinpoint to render the speaker notes in a separate page.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a simple view to query for extensions on extensions.gnome.org.
- Jason Siefken added prettier drawing operations and CSS colors to the system monitor gnome-shell extension.
- David King replaced the glom progress dialog with an infobar . (GNOME bug 661051)
- Marta Bogdanowicz started rewriting file-roller documentation in Mallard.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for SVG images, using librsvg.
- Robert Ancell made a port of the mahjongg game from C to Vala.
- Cosimo Cecchi had a first pass at implementing a “selection” mode for gnome-documents.
- Paolo Bacchilega refactored the code of the image viewer widget of gthumb.
- Milan Crha made initial preparations for a Fast Transfer implementation in evolution-mapi.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the zooming on text superscripts and subscripts . (GNOME bug 425685)
October 23, 2011
This week… 2348 commits, in 213 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 434 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau updated pinpoint to support 3gp files as video files.
- In gparted Curtis Gedak added detection of exfat file systems (GNOME bug 639760) and the ability to resize btrfs file systems (GNOME bug 661715).
- Marc-André Lureau started implemented the assistant pages to create machines in gnome-boxes.
- Dan Winship fixed SoupMessage https status information to be set more reliably.
- Now that GTK+ supports it, Cosimo Cecchi enabled transparency and rounded corners of tooltips in gnome-themes-standard.
- Morten Welinder added a new resource manager into goffice.
- In gnome-screensaver Martin Schmölzer fixed background scaling on multi-monitor setups . (GNOME bug 648193)
- Philip Withnall added support for caching vCard parameters for contacts in folks telepathy backend.
- Zeeshan Ali refactored rygel to more easily support client hacks, and added some for Panasonic TV.
- Vincent Untz changed gnome-session to use whitelist/blacklist regexps when evaluating the active renderer . (GNOME bug 644325)
- In yelp Shaun McCance added a share button to send a link to a help page.
- Florian Müllner added context menus (with copy/paste actions) to some entries of gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 659275)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added optional markers to indicate that cell content has been truncated . (GNOME bug 662149)
- David King changed cheese to prefer the dark GTK+ theme variant . (GNOME bug 660628)
July 24, 2011
This week… 1607 commits, in 160 projects, by 208 happy hackers (and 269 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau added a “camera” background type to pinpoint, “It’s awesome, it lets you put pull your webcam into your presentation.”
- Gtkhtml was fixed by Matthew Barnes to get font settings from gsettings, not gconf. (GONME bug 655002)
- Richard Schwarting added much documentation to the gxml library.
- Ryan Lortie added new keyfile-based “dump” and “load” commands to the dconf cli tool.
- Felix Riemann modified the map eog plugin to parse coordinate tags directly from the EXIF data . (GNOME bug 654650)
- Some more Chinese poetry has been added to Pango test suite.
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented a first iteration of an inline preview into gnome-documents.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gitg to show “gravatar” when changing the revision.
- Nohemi Fernandez added a fullscale keyboard to Caribou, extending the US touch layout by including keys from the hardware keyboard (ie. Ctrl/Alt, etc).
- Workarounds for Microsoft Excel ODF bugs were made in Gnumeric by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Robert Bragg added ColorMask support to Cogl, a color mask being a bit mask defining which color channels should be written to the current framebuffer.
- Support for new org.gtk.GDBus.C.UnixFD annotation has been added into gdbus-codegen by David Zeuthen.
- Paolo Bacchilega improved gthumb interaction with file-roller, now allowing to drop files from file-roller and get them extracted into the gthumb file list.
- Jonathan Matthew replaced the metadata and encoder backends in Rhythmbox by GstDiscover, a decodebin2-based pipeline, and encodebin, fixing too many bugs to list in the process.
- Arx Cruz added HTML support (via webkitgtk) into the –text-info option of zenity . (GNOME bug 598655)
May 29, 2011
This week… 2017 commits, in 201 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 249 were translation commits).
- In libxml2 Daniel Veillard added options to ignore the internal encoding of XML and HTML documents.
- Milan Crha ported evolution-couchdb to build with Evolution 3.
- Lucian Langa implemented the org.gnome.feed.Reader interface in evolution-rss, making it work with the feed subscription support from Epiphany.
- Eitan Isaacson added “scan” layout functionality to Caribou, he later wrote about it and other Caribou changes in Caribou Week Whatever.
- Eog was changed by Felix Riemann to use the result of librsvg parser to generate pixel data out of SVG files . (GNOME bug 642725)
- Marc Alcalà updated the Dock extension for gnome shell to allow for multiple positions on the screen . (GNOME bug 647394)
- Shaun McCance added a Mallard page status checker to yelp-tools.
- Øyvind Kolås added the start of a speaker screen to the pinpoint presentation tool.
- In frogr Mario Sanchez Prada added support for using the GNOME general proxy settings . (GNOME bug 644841)
- Richard Hughes updated the gnome-settings-daemon color plugin to watch the user directories for ICC files and (un)register them with colord.
- Libsoup got a workaround for broken apache Content-Encoding on .gz files . (GNOME bug 613361)
- The Epiphany location entry was updated to not change background colour for security state, relying on a visible symbolic lock icon when needed.
- Colin Walters added tracking changes in WM_CLASS to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 649315)
- Matthias Clasen implemented network sharing (aka ‘Hotspot’) into the network settings panel.