August 14, 2011
This week… 1305 commits, in 147 projects, by 196 happy hackers (and 237 were translation commits).
- David King disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del action in the view-only mode of Vinagre . (GNOME bug 656451)
- Vincent Untz added support for XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP, to be used by non-GNOME consumers of GNOME . (GNOME bug 654041)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the support GTK+ modules into Caribou . (GNOME bug 655047)
- In GNOME Disk Utility David Zeuthen added an UI for editing /etc/fstab entries.
- Lubosz Sarnecki contribued viewer transformation support into Pitivi.
- GHex has been ported to use GSettings by Kalev Lember.
- Jakub Steiner and Cosimo Cecchi made various refinements to the Adwaita theme.
- In pygobject Laszlo Pandy added support for calling functions with keyword arguments in invoke . (GNOME bug 625596)
- Dan Winship changed libsoup to default to TLS for https connections, and fall back to SSLv3 on failure . (GNOME bug 581342)
- Luca Bruno switched vala support for libgdata to use introspection data . (GNOME bug 655192)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for smoothed curve renaming . (GNOME bug 656148)
- Jasper St. Pierre added invisible borders to Mutter, paving the way for easier grab on thin window borders . (GNOME bug 644930)
- Philip Withnall ported the MPRIS support of Totem to version 2.1.
- In folks Travis Reitter added support for vCard-like parameters to a serie of attributes.
- Murray Cumming made various improvements to the Print Layout support of glom.
July 24, 2011
This week… 1607 commits, in 160 projects, by 208 happy hackers (and 269 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau added a “camera” background type to pinpoint, “It’s awesome, it lets you put pull your webcam into your presentation.”
- Gtkhtml was fixed by Matthew Barnes to get font settings from gsettings, not gconf. (GONME bug 655002)
- Richard Schwarting added much documentation to the gxml library.
- Ryan Lortie added new keyfile-based “dump” and “load” commands to the dconf cli tool.
- Felix Riemann modified the map eog plugin to parse coordinate tags directly from the EXIF data . (GNOME bug 654650)
- Some more Chinese poetry has been added to Pango test suite.
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented a first iteration of an inline preview into gnome-documents.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gitg to show “gravatar” when changing the revision.
- Nohemi Fernandez added a fullscale keyboard to Caribou, extending the US touch layout by including keys from the hardware keyboard (ie. Ctrl/Alt, etc).
- Workarounds for Microsoft Excel ODF bugs were made in Gnumeric by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Robert Bragg added ColorMask support to Cogl, a color mask being a bit mask defining which color channels should be written to the current framebuffer.
- Support for new org.gtk.GDBus.C.UnixFD annotation has been added into gdbus-codegen by David Zeuthen.
- Paolo Bacchilega improved gthumb interaction with file-roller, now allowing to drop files from file-roller and get them extracted into the gthumb file list.
- Jonathan Matthew replaced the metadata and encoder backends in Rhythmbox by GstDiscover, a decodebin2-based pipeline, and encodebin, fixing too many bugs to list in the process.
- Arx Cruz added HTML support (via webkitgtk) into the –text-info option of zenity . (GNOME bug 598655)
June 26, 2011
This week… 1645 commits, in 151 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 270 were translation commits).
- Tom Callaway ported Emerillon to GTK+ 3 . (GNOME bug 649403)
- Richard Hughes added methods to control the backlight on each output in libgnome-desktop, to be used by the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Jon Nordby added introspection support to gegl-gtk.
- In Caribou Eitan Isaacson converted layout files to XML and made use of XSLT to make keyboard definitions easier.
- Bastien Nocera added the Chat account type to gnome-online-accounts and implemented it in the Google backend.
- Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse contributed a patch to libgtop to make CPU load retrieval work on OpenBSD.
- Alexander Larsson had some initial work done on an edit mode for gnome-contacts.
- A prototype of integration with the GNOME Online Accounts service has been added to Evolution by Matthew Barnes.
- Claudio Saavedra replaced the custom dbus-glib activation and uniqueness code of Epiphany by the use of GtkApplication.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of repeating rows from/to ODF files.
- Kevin Kofler contributed support for looking up Plasma services in GNOME PackageKit.
- Ray Strode made the gdm daemon use gnome-session session files instead of autostart.
June 12, 2011
This week… 2184 commits, in 181 projects, by 241 happy hackers (and 323 were translation commits).
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added a new addin for removing broken links from notes.
- Alexander Larsson worked on various things in gnome-contacts, including an initial cut at new details field layout with buttons and some work on notes support.
- Eitan Isaacson introduced a GTK+ 3 input method module into Caribou.
- Support for long press detection has been added to Clutter by Emmanuele Bassi.
- In Planner Caolan McNamara added a display of the date in status bar for resource usage view as well as in the Gantt view.
- Cosimo Cecchi contributed various fixes and improvements to the dark variant of Adwaita.
- David King removed the bookmarks side panel of Vinagre.
- John Stowers added annotations for default values in theme combo boxes of the GNOME Tweak Tool.
- Xan Lopez added suggestions to correct misspellings to the context menu when right-clicking on a misspelled word in Epiphany.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort merged the new log window into Empathy.
- In GNOME Subtitles Pedro Castro added initial support for splitting and merging subtitles.
- Philip Withnall removed the old authentication API of libgdata in favour of a new GDataAuthorizer API, and added an OAuth 1.0 authoriser . (GNOME bug 646285)
- Paolo Bacchilega ported goobox to GtkApplication.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a Telepathy Approver and Handler into GNOME Shell, this will make the Empathy tray icon stop blicking when receiving new channels.
- Richard Hughes added optional colord support to the CUPS print module of GTK+.
May 29, 2011
This week… 2017 commits, in 201 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 249 were translation commits).
- In libxml2 Daniel Veillard added options to ignore the internal encoding of XML and HTML documents.
- Milan Crha ported evolution-couchdb to build with Evolution 3.
- Lucian Langa implemented the org.gnome.feed.Reader interface in evolution-rss, making it work with the feed subscription support from Epiphany.
- Eitan Isaacson added “scan” layout functionality to Caribou, he later wrote about it and other Caribou changes in Caribou Week Whatever.
- Eog was changed by Felix Riemann to use the result of librsvg parser to generate pixel data out of SVG files . (GNOME bug 642725)
- Marc Alcalà updated the Dock extension for gnome shell to allow for multiple positions on the screen . (GNOME bug 647394)
- Shaun McCance added a Mallard page status checker to yelp-tools.
- Øyvind Kolås added the start of a speaker screen to the pinpoint presentation tool.
- In frogr Mario Sanchez Prada added support for using the GNOME general proxy settings . (GNOME bug 644841)
- Richard Hughes updated the gnome-settings-daemon color plugin to watch the user directories for ICC files and (un)register them with colord.
- Libsoup got a workaround for broken apache Content-Encoding on .gz files . (GNOME bug 613361)
- The Epiphany location entry was updated to not change background colour for security state, relying on a visible symbolic lock icon when needed.
- Colin Walters added tracking changes in WM_CLASS to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 649315)
- Matthias Clasen implemented network sharing (aka ‘Hotspot’) into the network settings panel.
May 8, 2011
This week… 2114 commits, in 197 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 355 were translation commits).
- Dodji Seketeli added initial support for “jump to” in Nemiver . (GNOME bug 560235)
- Ryan Lortie added support for lockdown to dconf.
- Colin Walters updated gjs to support compilcation with the standalone mozjs185 release . (GNOME bug 646369)
- Rupert Swarbrick rewrote the way info files are read in yelp, fixing bugs and making the logic much simpler in the process.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gdl to use GtkStyleContext . (GNOME bug 649258)
- Richard Hugues added a new notify_notification_set_app_name() function to libnotify, to set the application name for a single notification, this makes it possible for a daemon like gnome-settings-daemon to produce persistent messages with the correct application name . (GNOME bug 648947)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the “geometry” branch of Caribou, bringing some major changes such as coupling keyboard layout with xkb state, simplifying layout format, a new introspectable libcaribou library, and a D-Bus UI, to have the main caribou app activate the keyboard via D-Bus.
- Elad Alfassa added support for globally installed gnome shell themes in the “user-theme” extension.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a progressbar-pattern style property to the Adwaita engin.
- In clutter Robert Bragg removed the last dependency on the GdkPixbuf API.
- Xavier Claessens added a chat theme preview to Empathy preferences window . (GNOME bug 541438)
- Bastien Nocera changed the media keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin to use a symbolic icon for Eject.
- Stefano Pettini added proper support for alpha channel in the rotate tool of gthumb.
- Torsten Schönfeld wrapped more parts of the Cairo API to Perl.
- Andreas J. Guelzow made Gnumeric handle MS Works formula . (GNOME bug 649406)
- Mattias Clasen added a new “lock button” widget to GTK + (GNOME bug 626457) as well as a new style for assistants.
December 12, 2010
This week… 1805 commits, in 169 projects, by 212 happy hackers (and 260 were translation commits).
- Kenny Meyer added a tab to the context pane of Rhythmbox with links to websites for album and artist info . (GNOME bug 636550)
- Philip Withnall switched many of the libgdata API to be stream-based, he wrote about his libgdata work in “Recent libgdata work“.
- Shaun McCance added syntax highlighting for code snippets in Yelp.
- The Murrine GTK+ engine has been turned into a GtkThemingEngine by Andrea Cimitan, while Carlos Garnacho did the same for the clearlooks engine in gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks.
- David Pellicer added scanning support to the Caribou onscreen keyboard.
- Detection of TLS and SSL support has been added to the FTP backend in gvfs.
- Carlos Garnacho added the beginning of a CSS-based theme to gnome-themes-standard.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo added nice custom error pages to Epiphany . (GNOME bug 592667)
- Tomas Bzatek added a check to gnome-settings-daemon, to detect if Nautilus is running, as it is no longer possible to rely on having Nautilus a key component in the session. (see GNOME bug 636191 for details).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a new sidebar page for bookmarks in Evince, it allows to add, remove, and rename internal bookmarks.
- Daniel G. Siegle added new effects contributed by Filippo Argiolas to gnome-video-effects, and added a fade-in animation when switching effect page in Cheese.
- Johannes Schmid ported Anjuta to G(tk)Application.
- Bastien Nocera added a “network time” switch to the datetime control center panel.
- The Quartz backend in GTK+ has been ported to the latest rendering-cleanup changes by Kristian Rietveld.
- Brandon Lewis implemented the saving of presets in Pitivi.
- The participants to the doc dev tools hackfest contributed a serie of tutorials and demos to the gnome-devel-docs module.
September 5, 2010
This week… 2545 commits, in 212 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 731 were translation commits).
- Eitan Isaacson added a checkbox to use the default colour theme when highlighring keys in Caribou . (GNOME bug 622246)
- Joanmarie Diggs added support for object toolkis in Orca, this allows Orco to handle cases where multiple toolkits are used in an application . (GNOME bug 628410)
- Philip Withnall merged his port of Totem to GSettings . (GNOME bug 625896)
- Gabriel Burt pushed a first pass at Bookmarks support for pdfmod, this adds a sidebar treeview that shows the existing bookmarks, and it’s possible to edit or remove them, as well as adding new bookmarks.
- Colin Walters merged his major rewrite of girscanner, and more, in gobject-introspection.
- Support for multi-coloured text layers has been added to Gimp by Michael Natterer, on top of an initial patch by Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 620674)
- Florian Müllner added support for the text-shadow property in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 624384)
- Support for the MPRIS v2 API has been added to Banshee, this will allow external applications to interact with Banshee through a standard D-Bus API . (GNOME bug 570841)
- Jonh Wendell added an instant messaging status plugin to Vinagre, that changes the status to busy when the application is switched to full screen mode.
- A backend using the Windows Registry has been added by Sam Thursfield to GSettings.
- Benjamin Otte updated the screenshot tool from gnome-utils to not draw directly to the root window anymore, updating the look of area selection along the way . (GNOME bug 628499)
July 25, 2010
This week… 2276 commits, in 205 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 504 were translation commits).
- Handling of contacts in Empathy has been switched to use libfolks, this will enable future enhanchements, such as support for metacontacts . (GNOME bug 623714)
- Carlos Garcia Campos ported the byzanz applet to use the new D-Bus based panel applet library.
- Gtk-vnc has switched over to use GIO for socket connections and DNS resolution.
- Giovanni Campagna contributed a base API for system status indicators in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 621705)
- James Liggett implemented a tags pane in the Anjuta git plugin.
- In the ongoing transitions, Nautilus has been ported to GSettings, Eog has been switched to GTK+ 3, and accounts-dialog is being ported to gdbus.
- Preliminary support for adding new annotations (at the moment only Text annotations are supported) has been added to Evince . (GNOME bug 168304)
- Toms Bauģis changed hamster search to use SQLite full text search.
- David Pellicer contributed a few more keyboard layouts to Caribou.
- The function name completion tooltips used in Gnumeric have been improved by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Evolution-rss default renderer has been switched to be WebKit.
- Nate Stedman merged his branch adding suport for themes in Ease.
- Benjamin Otte continued stripping GTK+ of old GDK drawing functions and classes (GdkPangoRenderer, GdkGC…).
- Richard Hughes split off a new libcolor-glib library out of gnome-color-manager.
- Totem youtube plugin has been updated to work after the latest Youtube page format changes.
- In GSOC land Jamie Nicol has added to Rhythmbox the possibility to scrobble to both Last.fm and Libre.fm, Michal Hruby ported zeitgeist-datahub to Vala, Karlo Jež added a hover menu for quick task manipulation in Getting Things GNOME, and more…
April 4, 2010
This week… 2655 commits, in 255 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 661 were translation commits).
- Empathy gained the possibility to undo the closing of a chat window or tab (GNOME bug 609832)
- Robert Ancell added colours to gcalctool buttons (GNOME bug 157962).
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gconf key to disable the display of the keyboard indicator status icon . (GNOME bug 612240)
- Evince removed its internal copy of the infobar widget to use GtkInfoBar directly; also Carlos Garcia Campos fixed Evince so that compressed password-protected documents could be opened . (GNOME bug 613959)
- Michael C. Urbanski created a new “podcast-ng” branch in Banshee, to hold much work being done on podcast support.
- Matthew Barnes got rid of the ancient code (almost 6000 lines) in Evolution to support migrating from pre-2.0 versions.
- GNOME Power Manager has been ported from DeviceKit-power to UPower.
- Caribou has been changed to warn the user when accessibility is not enabled . (GNOME bug 608727)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a flickr photoset imported to gthumb.
- A “gnome3” branch has been created in gtk-engines, to hold the GNOME 3 theme work.