August 28, 2011
This week… 2092 commits, in 192 projects, by 236 happy hackers (and 376 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre added a UI to the fail whale of gnome-session, for enabling and disabling Shell Extensions . (GNOME bug 656747)
- Philip Chimento migrated conglomerate away off deprecated GNOME libraries.
- Stef Walter added async initialization functions to gnome-keyring gck library.
- Dan Winship fixed handling of rehandshake requests in glib-networking.
- Richard Hughes contributed some initial documentation and figures for color management to gnome-user-docs.
- Aurimas Černius ported gnote to use gdbus.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first cut at implementing the source selector page in gnome-documents.
- Shaun McCance added a MallardFormatter class to gobject-introspection and an experimental extension for API references to yelp-xsl.
- Vivien Malerba greatly improved the code and documentation of the web provider part of libgda.
- Alex Anthony ported alacarte to GTK+ 3 and PyGI.
- A wacom control panel has been added to gnome-control-center by Peter Hutterer.
- Giovanni Campagna made an easier API for GNOME Shell extensions that want to add items to the system status area . (GNOME bug 653205)
- Adel Gadllah added a screenshot d-bus interface to GNOME Shell, to be used by tools like gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 652952)
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow made various improvements to the handling of fractions of π.
- Aaron Borden updated tomboy to allow renaming of template notes . (GNOME bug 509147).
- The gvfs AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) that is Carl-Anton Ingmarsson GSOC work has landed.
- Alexander Larsson added an avatar picker to gnome-contacts.
September 5, 2010
This week… 2545 commits, in 212 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 731 were translation commits).
- Eitan Isaacson added a checkbox to use the default colour theme when highlighring keys in Caribou . (GNOME bug 622246)
- Joanmarie Diggs added support for object toolkis in Orca, this allows Orco to handle cases where multiple toolkits are used in an application . (GNOME bug 628410)
- Philip Withnall merged his port of Totem to GSettings . (GNOME bug 625896)
- Gabriel Burt pushed a first pass at Bookmarks support for pdfmod, this adds a sidebar treeview that shows the existing bookmarks, and it’s possible to edit or remove them, as well as adding new bookmarks.
- Colin Walters merged his major rewrite of girscanner, and more, in gobject-introspection.
- Support for multi-coloured text layers has been added to Gimp by Michael Natterer, on top of an initial patch by Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 620674)
- Florian Müllner added support for the text-shadow property in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 624384)
- Support for the MPRIS v2 API has been added to Banshee, this will allow external applications to interact with Banshee through a standard D-Bus API . (GNOME bug 570841)
- Jonh Wendell added an instant messaging status plugin to Vinagre, that changes the status to busy when the application is switched to full screen mode.
- A backend using the Windows Registry has been added by Sam Thursfield to GSettings.
- Benjamin Otte updated the screenshot tool from gnome-utils to not draw directly to the root window anymore, updating the look of area selection along the way . (GNOME bug 628499)
June 20, 2010
This week… 2299 commits, in 199 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 362 were translation commits).
- This week again a few modules were ported to gsettings, this is the case for GNOME Shell, Brasero, Empathy and the GNOME Bluetooth nautilus-sendto plugin.
- girparser, from gobject-introspection, got support for an introspectable=no attribute, to replace the hackish pre-filter for varargs with a much more generic mechanism . (GNOME bug 621570)
- Robert Ancell made dconf-editor understand and display configuration schemas.
- Jonh Wendell added the possibility to specifiy an alternative ssh port when doing tunnels in Vinagre . (GNOME bug 621809)
- Matthias Clasen ported accounts-dialog to be a control-center panel, this is done in the control-center-panel branch.
- Maxim Ermilov added animated display of startup notifications to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 598349)
- Totem has been ported to the new libpeas for plugin handling . (GNOME bug 604830)
- Garrett Regier added support for gobject introspection to gedit (GNOME bug 621549)
- F-Spot has been switched to use bilinear scaling for thumbnails . (GNOME bug 621881)
- Stef Walter fixed a deadlock on secure memory usage in gnome-keyring.
- Around the Summer of Code projects, Stéphane Maniaci added a basic flickr fetcher to ease, to grab pictures from flickr, Luca Invernizzi added a new two-way synchronization engine to Getting Things GNOME, Alexander Saprykin implemented GIO async read/write support to his totem chapter plugin, and other students also did much work…
December 27, 2009
This week… 1776 commits, in 177 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 279 were translation commits).
- This was hackfest week for Epiphany, WebKitGTK+ (and other related modules), go and read Xan Lopez and Gustavo Noronha summaries. Or read on for my particular pick…
- Benjamin Otte added support for favicons the the epiphany tabs-reloaded extension.
- Content-Encoding support landed in libsoup (GNOME bug 522772)
- Custom user-agent support has been added.
- There is a new info bar widget at the top of the web view, used to ask if credentials have to be saved.
- Maxim Ermilov added command and path completion to the Alt+F2 dialog of GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 597677)
- Also in GNOME Shell Colin Walters added an extension system, there is no UI yet, it will come later . (GNOME bug 599661)
- Johan Dahlin added a Makefile.introspection file to gobject-introspection, to be used by other projects, and modified pango and gtk+ to use it.
- After some discussion on nautilus-list and gnome-shell-list, Alexander Larsson changed Nautilus to use its browser mode by default.
- The GNOME Terminal preferences dialog got a new “unlimited scrollback” option (GNOME bug 599443).
- After a comment in last week digest edition, Paolo Bacchilega changed File Roller to use AES128 instead of AES256 as encryption type.
- Libgnomekbd got a new GkbdStatus widget implementing a status icon, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote about it in kbd stuff going threezero.
January 18, 2009
This week… 1452 commits, in 161 projects, by 186 happy hackers (and 261 were translation commits).
- A Brasero plugin has been added to Totem, to allow creating VCDs from playing video files, and duplicate VCDs and DVDs (GNOME bug 565383).
- Hand-written gir files (GL, cairo, fontconfig, freetype, libxml2, xfixes, xft and xlib) were moved from gir-repository into gobject-introspection; so upstream libraries depending on these can avoid a gir-repository dependency.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo turned the already awesome epiphany location bar into the woohoo bar (enhancing the completion popup by showing a two line cell containing the favicon, the title of the page and the URL ). (GNOME bug 541782)
- gnome-session got a D-Bus Presence API, and the user switch applet got updated to use it.
- There were lots of updates to brasero to address issues raised during discussion on desktop-devel-list.
- gnome-network-preferences has been renamed to gnome-network-properties
- Evolution added the possibility to import PST files (Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders ). (GNOME bug 208426)
- GTK+ got a new API to change global input method . (GNOME bug 450716)
- Bastien Nocera replaced some custom code in gnome-user-share, and a direct Avahi dependency, by using the mod_dnssd Apache module . (GNOME bug 567442).
- Finally, Meld and the trash applet both removed their libgnome dependency.