December 21, 2008
This week… 1540 commits, in 182 projects, by 162 happy hackers (and 229 were translation commits).
- Most important, ORBit2 stopped calling g_thread_init() to accomodate the sensitiveness of Microsoft Windows and will display a warning if it was not previously called, this will need changes in a lot of places . (GNOME bug 547885)
- Jürg Billeter fixed lots of bugs in vala, applied patches, and generally enhanced things (notably the D-Bus server was rewritten to directly use libdbus, without dbus-glib marshalling) and released 0.5.3.
- Vala-related, Stefan Walter removed last vala traces from seahorse.
- The libgnomeui dependency was removed from the brightness and inhibit applets, NetworkManager OpenVPN and PPTP support, and libgnome usage was removed from the dictionary applet.
- Alexander Larsson merged eel into nautilus and eel usage was consequently removed from nautilus-cd-burner and brasero.
- Empathy got autocompletion of contact names in its “new message” dialog box . (GNOME bug 552296)
- Patrick Welche updated Dasher from gnome-vfs to gvfs.
- g_timeout_add_seconds replaced g_timeout_add in several new places: in nautilus-sendto, gnome-power-manager, gedit, gnome-games, seahorse.
- The AAC profile, as defined in gnome-media, and used by applications such as Sound Juicer and gnome-sound-recoreder, switched to LC-AAC profile . (GNOME bug 498617)
October 19, 2008
This week… 1802 commits, in 171 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 301 were translation commits).
A port of dasher in Java has been added to the dasher repository, it was done by Chris Smowton. Sébastien Granjoux implemented support for gdbserver in Anjuta. William Jon McCann worked a little bit on the user-switch-applet that is now part of gdm. Empathy gained a pidgin-accounts import dialog and finally got support for chatroom invitations. More modules were migrated away from libgnome (gnome-games, marlin, cheese) and to GtkBuilder (eog) and gio (tracker search tool).