August 19, 2012
This week… 2117 commits, in 193 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 481 were translation commits).
- In libsecret Stef Walter added an extensive manpage for the secret-tool utility . (GNOME bug 681434)
- Kevin Anthony added CanSetFullscreen and Fullscreen properties to the MPRIS support of Banshee, bringing it to version 2.2 of the standard . (GNOME bug 681890)
- Jesse van den Kieboom added support for smooth scroll to gedit textsize plugin.
- In gnome-backgrounds Jakub Steiner pushed a new set of images, to refresh the set of extra wallpapers.
- Meg Ford added a new Properties dialog to gnome-documents.
- Alexander Larsson converted EggListBox from vala to C.
- Ondrej Holy contributed support for “natural scroll” to the mouse gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 659498)
- Vivien Malerba migrated libgda from libgnome-keyring to libsecret.
- Arth Patel replaced the lex/bison parser of gcalctool by a new hand-written parser.
- John Stowers made it possible for gnome-tweak-tool to configure shell extension preferences.
- Behdad Esfahbod merged his harfbuzz (a text shaping library) branch into pango.
- In evolution-ews Milan Crha implemented the “Subscribe to folder of other user” feature.
- William Jon McCann pushed a new background panel into gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 676539)
- Marc-André Lureau added a GNOME Shell search provider for gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 681246)
- Felix Riemann added a new plugin to eog to disable the use of the dark theme variant . (GNOME bug 675918)
July 8, 2012
This week… 1234 commits, in 151 projects, by 174 happy hackers (and 190 were translation commits).
- Oleksij Rempel created a branch porting gnome-media to the GStreamer 1.0 APIs . (GNOME bug 679381)
- In latexila Sébastien Wilmet made a new UI for the Build Tools Preferences.
- In pyatspi2 Mike Gorse wrapped all interfaces of at-spi . (GNOME bug 679044)
- Seif Lotfy changed the layout of single clock views in gnome-clocks . (GNOME bug 678862)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos started coding the event view part of gnome-calendar.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a switch to globally enable the dark theme preference to gnome-tweak-tool . (GNOME bug 677803)
- Philip Withnall added anti-linking support to folks, to prevent some contacts to be automatically linked . (GNOME bug 629537)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added support for ATA secure erase and non-cancelable jobs.
- Danielle Madeley removed ported the old Empathy themes to be proper Adium themes, this allowed the removal of a good chunk of code.
- Morten Welinder updated the non-linear solver in Gnumeric so it knows about constraints . (GNOME bug 620368)
- In gnome-devel-docs Marta Maria Casetti wrote new Python tutorials for treeview widgets.
- William Jon McCann migrated the Nautilus menu bar to a view menu button . (GNOME bug 676531)
- In rygel Jens Georg added a simple standalone player as an example; it’s a stand-alone UPnP renderer that renders any visual content in ASCII-art.
- Ana Risteska updated gnome-shell telepathy integration to not add log messages on presence changes . (GNOME bug 669508)
November 27, 2011
This week… 2089 commits, in 181 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 320 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes added a progress bar on the calibration action page of gnome-color-manager.
- Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions in goffice.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed the legacy magnification code from orca . (GNOME bug 664651)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen updated the ATA smart dialog.
- Erik Hartenian improved the Cantarell font, adding “extrema” to all glyphs, and making slight adjustments on a few letters.
- In the gnome-control-center wacom panel Bastien Nocera split out the tablet page, so it can be reused for separate tablet configurations.
- In seahorse Stef Walter added support for creating creating certificate requests as well as support for PKCS#11 key generation.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a “wrong password” dialog to Empathy, used for failing GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 661640)
- Milan Crha implemented fast-transfer for the address book backend of evolution-mapi.
- For gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi made a first version of GdTaggedEntry, a GtkEntry subclass to which tags can be added (and styled with CSS).
- Anthony Granger updated Cheese preferences dialog to be more netbook-friendly . (GNOME bug 663146)
- Jason Baron added cgroup support in the process view of gnome-system-monitor.
- John Stowers updated gnome-tweak-tool to support the new GNOME Shell 3.3.x DBus interface.
June 12, 2011
This week… 2184 commits, in 181 projects, by 241 happy hackers (and 323 were translation commits).
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added a new addin for removing broken links from notes.
- Alexander Larsson worked on various things in gnome-contacts, including an initial cut at new details field layout with buttons and some work on notes support.
- Eitan Isaacson introduced a GTK+ 3 input method module into Caribou.
- Support for long press detection has been added to Clutter by Emmanuele Bassi.
- In Planner Caolan McNamara added a display of the date in status bar for resource usage view as well as in the Gantt view.
- Cosimo Cecchi contributed various fixes and improvements to the dark variant of Adwaita.
- David King removed the bookmarks side panel of Vinagre.
- John Stowers added annotations for default values in theme combo boxes of the GNOME Tweak Tool.
- Xan Lopez added suggestions to correct misspellings to the context menu when right-clicking on a misspelled word in Epiphany.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort merged the new log window into Empathy.
- In GNOME Subtitles Pedro Castro added initial support for splitting and merging subtitles.
- Philip Withnall removed the old authentication API of libgdata in favour of a new GDataAuthorizer API, and added an OAuth 1.0 authoriser . (GNOME bug 646285)
- Paolo Bacchilega ported goobox to GtkApplication.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a Telepathy Approver and Handler into GNOME Shell, this will make the Empathy tray icon stop blicking when receiving new channels.
- Richard Hughes added optional colord support to the CUPS print module of GTK+.
May 1, 2011
This week… 2045 commits, in 208 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 438 were translation commits).
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added a map vto view the geographical position where the picture was taken.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed sushi to remove the window title when going fullscreen.
- Gioavanni Campagna added a new “Removable Drive Menu” extension for gnome-shell, this adds a menu in the system status area that tracks removable disk devices attached and offers to browse them and eject/unmount them . (GNOME bug 647027)
- Hans Breuer worked on updating the dia manual to match recent changes . (GNOME bug 632660)
- Alberto Ruiz went on adding gobject introspection annotation to functions in pango.
- In GNOME Settings Daemon Bastien Nocera simplified the NTP handling for distributions.
- Guillaume Desmottes refactored the usage of Telepathy in GNOME Shell, porting it to TpBaseClient . (GNOME bug 645585)
- Also in GNOME Shell Giovanni Campagna updated the network menu to keep wireless networks in a predictable ordre . (GNOME bug 646580)
- Shaun McCance added some basic Mallard conditional processing to Yelp.
- Epiphany status overlay was updated by Alexandre Mazari to slide out when the mouse pointer goes close by . (GNOME bug 643909)
- Felix Rieman switched eog to use lcms2 for colour management.
- GNOME Terminal has been updated to use gsettings for proxy settings, by Christian Persch . (GNOME bug 647077)
- John Stowers greatly improved shell theme selection and installation in gnome-tweak-tool.
- Sébastien Granjoux added the possibility to change directory group properties in Anjuta.
- Jonathan Matthew removed the old plugin system of rhythmbox, completing the switch to libpeas.
March 20, 2011
This week… 3142 commits, in 211 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1113 were translation commits).
- Translators were all hard at work, with more than one thousand commits this week.
- John Stowers pushed his GNOME Tweak Tool to the GNOME Git server.
- Mutter was changed to provide a single library, combining both libmutter-wm and libmutter-private . (GNOME bug 644565)
- Colin Walters added a “fail whale” dialog in gnome-session, to be shown on component failures; the name comes from Twitter error pages . (GNOME bug 642497)
- The same Colin Walters also rewrote a11y bus management in at-spi2-core, so it doesn’t fall back to the session bus . (GNOME bug 644851)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a first iteration of a dark variant of the Adwaita theme, in gnome-themes-standard.
- In libsoup Dan Winship implemented a GNOME proxy backend using te network proxy settings from gsettings-desktop-schemas, for automatic proxy configuration it uses the D-Bus service provided by the libproxy plugin . (GNOME bug 644211)
- Shaun McCance added mouseovers on topic links of Mallard documents, in yelp-xsl.
- In gnome-devel-docs Johannes Schmid updated or added guitar tuner demos in different languages.
- And also at the documentation hackfest many pages were written for the user help, by all participants.
- Claude Paroz added support for “reduced stats” in damned-lies, making it possible to have statistics on “important” strings, for example it currently excludes schema strings.
- Jan Danielsson added support for the Fossil Source Control Management to Meld . (GNOME bug 644811)
- Richard Hugues updated the screenshot tool in gnome-utils to save the screen ICC profile in the screenshot.
- Bastien Nocera implemented touchpad motion settings in the mouse plugin for gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 642474)