September 2, 2012
This week… 2224 commits, in 227 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 608 were translation commits).
- Lucian Langa added parser and formatter modules to handle feed articles in evolution-rss.
- Mike Fleetwood contributed LVM2 Physical Volumes read and write support to gparted . (GNOME bug 670171)
- Florian Müllner added an application menu to sound juicer . (GNOME bug 675245)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification while tracker is indexing the file system . (GNOME bug 670995)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos reworked the toolbar of gnome-calendar to match the mockups.
- In gnome-clocks Paolo Borelli added stop and snooze buttons when an alarm is ringing.
- The port of GIMP filters to gegl operations, done as a Google Summer of Code project by Maxime Nicco and Hans Lo, has landed.
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to correctly use cached contacts first . (GNOME bug 682706)
- Philip Withnall added support for lazy initialisation of properties into folks.
- Pascal de Bruijn contributed support for the Arduino wifi shield to gnoduino.
- In clutter Emanuele Aina added support for panning in scrollable actors . (GNOME bug 681648)
- Sebastian Geiger improved the ‘print to file’ options in the print dialog of GTK +. (GNOME bug 682129)
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to load WebP images in gthumb.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna added a new lock screen menu to combine volume network and power . (GNOME bug 682540)
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to not use IBus when running in fallback mode . (GNOME bug 679819)
- Claudio Saavedra ‘in-tab-overview’ branch of Epiphany has landed, it implements a replacement for the default page that shows a grid with the most visited pages.
May 29, 2011
This week… 2017 commits, in 201 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 249 were translation commits).
- In libxml2 Daniel Veillard added options to ignore the internal encoding of XML and HTML documents.
- Milan Crha ported evolution-couchdb to build with Evolution 3.
- Lucian Langa implemented the org.gnome.feed.Reader interface in evolution-rss, making it work with the feed subscription support from Epiphany.
- Eitan Isaacson added “scan” layout functionality to Caribou, he later wrote about it and other Caribou changes in Caribou Week Whatever.
- Eog was changed by Felix Riemann to use the result of librsvg parser to generate pixel data out of SVG files . (GNOME bug 642725)
- Marc Alcalà updated the Dock extension for gnome shell to allow for multiple positions on the screen . (GNOME bug 647394)
- Shaun McCance added a Mallard page status checker to yelp-tools.
- Øyvind Kolås added the start of a speaker screen to the pinpoint presentation tool.
- In frogr Mario Sanchez Prada added support for using the GNOME general proxy settings . (GNOME bug 644841)
- Richard Hughes updated the gnome-settings-daemon color plugin to watch the user directories for ICC files and (un)register them with colord.
- Libsoup got a workaround for broken apache Content-Encoding on .gz files . (GNOME bug 613361)
- The Epiphany location entry was updated to not change background colour for security state, relying on a visible symbolic lock icon when needed.
- Colin Walters added tracking changes in WM_CLASS to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 649315)
- Matthias Clasen implemented network sharing (aka ‘Hotspot’) into the network settings panel.
March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)
July 25, 2010
This week… 2276 commits, in 205 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 504 were translation commits).
- Handling of contacts in Empathy has been switched to use libfolks, this will enable future enhanchements, such as support for metacontacts . (GNOME bug 623714)
- Carlos Garcia Campos ported the byzanz applet to use the new D-Bus based panel applet library.
- Gtk-vnc has switched over to use GIO for socket connections and DNS resolution.
- Giovanni Campagna contributed a base API for system status indicators in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 621705)
- James Liggett implemented a tags pane in the Anjuta git plugin.
- In the ongoing transitions, Nautilus has been ported to GSettings, Eog has been switched to GTK+ 3, and accounts-dialog is being ported to gdbus.
- Preliminary support for adding new annotations (at the moment only Text annotations are supported) has been added to Evince . (GNOME bug 168304)
- Toms Bauģis changed hamster search to use SQLite full text search.
- David Pellicer contributed a few more keyboard layouts to Caribou.
- The function name completion tooltips used in Gnumeric have been improved by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Evolution-rss default renderer has been switched to be WebKit.
- Nate Stedman merged his branch adding suport for themes in Ease.
- Benjamin Otte continued stripping GTK+ of old GDK drawing functions and classes (GdkPangoRenderer, GdkGC…).
- Richard Hughes split off a new libcolor-glib library out of gnome-color-manager.
- Totem youtube plugin has been updated to work after the latest Youtube page format changes.
- In GSOC land Jamie Nicol has added to Rhythmbox the possibility to scrobble to both Last.fm and Libre.fm, Michal Hruby ported zeitgeist-datahub to Vala, Karlo Jež added a hover menu for quick task manipulation in Getting Things GNOME, and more…
April 25, 2010
This week… 1978 commits, in 233 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 492 were translation commits).
- Support for animated images (GNOME bug 335093) and scaling of SVG images (GNOME bug 108435) have been added to eog.
- Many patches from Quentin Sculo have been applied to perl-Gtk2, bringing support for new widgets and methods the GTK+ Perl binding.
- Much work continued to happen with regards to gsettings, Matthias Clasen for example added gsettings-tools, a command line tool equivalent to gconftool . (GNOME bug 616313)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro created a gsettings branch to hold the port of gedit to GSettings.
- In the same vein, Bastien Nocera ported gnome-bluetooth, and Milan Bouchet-Valat ported gnome-system-tools, and Shaun McCance ported yelp.
- Ray Strode added a smartcard plugin to gnome-settings-daemon, it listens for smartcard insertion and removal events and then locks the screen or forces a log out (depending on gconf) when the card used for login is removed.
- Lucien Langa added correct handling of the RSS media extension to evolution-rss, making it possible to download enclosures.
- Łukasz Jernaś started writing the Giggle documentation using Mallard.
- Jean Brefort implemented graph only sheets into Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 158170)
September 6, 2009
This week… 2207 commits, in 200 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 654 were translation commits).
- Michael Natterer added support for layer trees in Gimp, the UI still needs to be improved but there is now a Folder button in the layers dialog . (GNOME bug 86337)
- Totem browser plugin now overrides the HTTP user-agents for Quicktime and Windows Media Player, this fixes playback of the Apple trailers . (GNOME bug 375867)
- David Zeuthen started a “new-ui” branch to rework the UI of libgdu-gtk and palimpset.
- Brasero has been fixed to not use readcd (-clone) to copy audio CD, as it doesn’t keep CD-TEXT . (GNOME bug 580813)
- Epiphany gained back its “view source” command . (GNOME bug 503968)
- A new g_mkstemp_full() function has been added to glib, to expose more parameters than g_mkstemp(), allowing more flexibility when creating temporary files . (GNOME bug 594034)
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added handling of ODF import/export of surface plots originally created in Excel . (GNOME bug 594041)
- Matthew Barnes updated the “mailing-list-actions”, “save-calendar” and “publish-calendar” evolution plugins to the bonobo-liberated Evolution.
- On the same topic Lucian Langa started porting evolution-rss for the new Evolution.