April 1, 2012
This week… 2870 commits, in 255 projects, by 310 happy hackers (and 635 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre imported mustache into extensions-web, to get new template system that will allow to sanely translate the website.
- In pygobject John Palmieri added a ccallback type which is used to invoke callbacks passed to a vfunc . (GNOME bug 644926)
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added the possibility to work on search results in addition to just one note.
- Ray Strode dropped the numlock warning from gnome-screensaver unlock dialog . (GNOME bug 662093)
- Jean Bréfort improved goffice to use a fallback image when the actual image type is not supported.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew commited a new more compact header layout, now it has the playback controls, the current track information (including album art), the time display, the position slider, and the volume control on the same line.
- Christopher Baines fixed gcalctool to stop entering thousands seperators when using a base other than 10.
- Xan Lopez changed epiphany to always save the session state on Quit.
- In gnome-documents Florian Müllner made search queries cancellable; to avoid congesting the connection queue, cancel ongoing queries before starting a new one . (GNOME bug 672733)
- Debarshi Ray added Microsoft Exchange support (using EWS) to gnome-online-accounts.
- In Cheese Patricia Santana Cruz added a timer when recording a video . (GNOME bug 599729)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added webcam support to set new avators in gnome-contacts.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to pass proxy informations to GStreamer elements . (GNOME bug 395429)
February 26, 2012
This week… 2629 commits, in 250 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 564 were translation commits).
- The new call support in Empathy has been made default, the old “empathy-av” has been removed.
- György Balló contributed a port of gnome-blog from gnome-vfs to gio . (GNOME bug 612630)
- Hubert Figuière added support for date properties to Niepce.
- Lukasz Pawlik fixed the handling of byte range requests in gupnp . (GNOME bug 670518)
- In gnome-shell Florian Müllner added support for external asynchronous search providers . (GNOME bug 663125)
- And gnome-documents got a D-Bus service implementing that gnome-shell external search API . (GNOME bug 662453)
- Marc Deslauriers fixed gnome-screensaver to properly turn off capslock warning when the key is released . (GNOME bug 669769)
- Richard Hughes updated gnome-color-manager to correctly restore the calibration status panel after asking the user a question.
- In file-roller Paolo Bacchilega added an overwrite confirmation dialog when extracting files with drag&drop . (GNOME bug 590609)
- Bastien Nocera added support for AMZ AmazonMP3 download files to totem-pl-parser . (GNOME bug 668686)
- Tiffany Antopolski, Susanna Huhtanen, Phil Bull and others at the documentation hackfest contributed many updates to the gnome-devel-docs tutorials.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell updated both quadrapessel and lightsoff to use GMenu.
- In anjuta Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita contributed the automatic addition of callbacks when user double-clicks a signal in the glade signal editor . (GNOME bug 670149)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gedit to use GResource.
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the edition of decimals in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670558)
December 4, 2011
This week… 2239 commits, in 150 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 137 were translation commits).
- Heinrich Müller added flagging of individual articles in Pan . (GNOME bug 651307)
- Mario Sanchez Prada replaced the adblock epiphany extension by a port of Midori adblocker, which is compatible with the EasyList subscriptions for “AdBlock Plus” ;. (GNOME bug 660154)
- Dan Winship added server-side session cache support to glib-networking gnutls backend . (GNOME bug 636574)
- Colin Walters updated gnome-settings-daemon to monitor for gnome-shell presence, and update the Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu property accordingly.
- Vibha Yadav contributed support for delegation in evolution-ews . (GNOME bug 656376)
- In gnome-screensaver Antoine Jacoutot implemented OpenBSD authentication using bsd_auth (instead of PAM ). (GNOME bug 651554)
- Seif Lotfy added a new dashboard plugin to gedit, it displays a grid of recently/most used files upon opening a new tab . (GNOME bug 663466)
- Tom Tryfonidis contributed a redesign of the about: pages of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 665136)
- Alan Knowles added an (experimental) xorg extension to seed.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs added support for speech presentation of embedded object characters in WebKitGtk content.
- Milan Crha added “Listen for server notifications” option to mail, address book, and calendar parts of evolution-mapi.
- Rob Bradford added a first version of a “baremetal” backend for EGL on KMS to cogl.
- Takeshi Kurosawa contributed support for basic vertical writing to librsvg . (GNOME bug 664533)
October 23, 2011
This week… 2348 commits, in 213 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 434 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau updated pinpoint to support 3gp files as video files.
- In gparted Curtis Gedak added detection of exfat file systems (GNOME bug 639760) and the ability to resize btrfs file systems (GNOME bug 661715).
- Marc-André Lureau started implemented the assistant pages to create machines in gnome-boxes.
- Dan Winship fixed SoupMessage https status information to be set more reliably.
- Now that GTK+ supports it, Cosimo Cecchi enabled transparency and rounded corners of tooltips in gnome-themes-standard.
- Morten Welinder added a new resource manager into goffice.
- In gnome-screensaver Martin Schmölzer fixed background scaling on multi-monitor setups . (GNOME bug 648193)
- Philip Withnall added support for caching vCard parameters for contacts in folks telepathy backend.
- Zeeshan Ali refactored rygel to more easily support client hacks, and added some for Panasonic TV.
- Vincent Untz changed gnome-session to use whitelist/blacklist regexps when evaluating the active renderer . (GNOME bug 644325)
- In yelp Shaun McCance added a share button to send a link to a help page.
- Florian Müllner added context menus (with copy/paste actions) to some entries of gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 659275)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added optional markers to indicate that cell content has been truncated . (GNOME bug 662149)
- David King changed cheese to prefer the dark GTK+ theme variant . (GNOME bug 660628)
March 13, 2011
This week… 2634 commits, in 197 projects, by 272 happy hackers (and 670 were translation commits).
- Andrew McGrath added support for plain text exportation in ocrfeeder.
- Robert Ancell updated dconf-editor to show the key range in key descriptions.
- Based on a patch from Mark Starovoytov Dan Winship fixed libsoup to catch overflows when parsing very distant expiration dates in cookies . (GNOME bug 643462)
- John Stowers added a user-theme extension to the gnome-shell-extensions repository . (GNOME bug 644271)
- Ray Strode made it so that gdm runs the gnome-session acceleration helper script, to preload the GL stack and figure out ahead of time whether or not gnome shell can run on the system.
- Marek Kasik updated the printers plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to show notifications for selected printer state changes (things liek “tuner low”).
- Jakub Steiner worked on the Cantarell font, fixing all ~ accented glyphs . (GNOME bug 642396)
- Steve Frécinaux enabled Python support for eog plugins . (GNOME bug 639597)
- Martin Robinson made the serif font the default web font of Epiphany, to match the behaviour of other browsers . (GNOME bug 644523)
- GObject Introspection support as been added to libcheese by Luciana Fujii Pontello.
- Dan Winship changed gnome-shell to use the new libmutter-wm library, to build a real gnome-shell binary (GNOME bug 641724)
- Bastien Nocera added some code to reorder date widgets in the date/time panel, to be based on the locale’s date format, rather than only supporting the US-centric version . (GNOME bug 636896)
- And William Jon McCann ripped GNOME Screensaver of its theme and job support.
March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)
January 23, 2011
This week… 2604 commits, in 181 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 446 were translation commits).
- The screensaver dialog screen has been made a bit more like the mockups by Jon McCann.
- Also the work he did to make gdm more like the plans for GNOME 3 has been merged by Ray Strode.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo started pushing his work for a new Epiphany download manager, in the downloads branch.
- Chandni Verma patched Empathy to display a typing icon alongside contacts in the MUC contact lists . (GNOME bug 609419)
- Jeff Schroeder added support for hiding notes, and notebook template notes, in Snowy.
- Matthias Clasen updated gnome-settings-daemon to use symbolic icons for its On Screen Display . (GNOME bug 639772)
- Paolo Bacchilega added focus stealing prevention code to file-roller . (GNOME bug 318108)
- The Adwaita theme engine has been moved from gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks to gnome-themes-standard.
- A “Generate Patch Series” pane has been added to the git plugin of Anjuta, by James Liggett.
- Marek Kašík added an initial implementation of a Printers panel to the control center.
- Pierre Wieser migrated nautilus-actions from GConf to GSettings.
- A new histogram view has been added to the sidebar of gthumb.
- David Zeuthen finished the port of gnome-disk-utility to GTK+ 3.
- The screencast recorded built in GNOME Shell has been switched to webm by Adel Gadllah . (GNOME bug 632595)
- Also in GNOME Shell Maxim Ermilov added the ability to extend a search to the web, using OpenSearch to define the search engines . (GNOME bug 623708)
October 17, 2010
This week… 1906 commits, in 198 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 330 were translation commits).
- Once again this week many modules are being ported to GTK+ 3, a notable exemple is the port of the Murrine GTK+ Engine.
- Jon McCann dropped support for non-PAM authentication methods from gnome-screensaver.
- A new GApplication implementation by Ryan Lortie landed in glib.
- John Palmieri added compatibility functions for the deprecated PyCObject API to pygobject, also updating it to use the new PyCapsule PAI for Python versions above 3 . (GNOME bug 630844)
- Jonh Wendell made the Avahi browser in Vinagre work with its new plugin system.
- Vitaly Minko updated Empathy to divide spelling suggestions in one sub-menu per language . (GNOME bug 532832)
- Many parts of gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center have been migrated to use GSettings.
- Robin Sonefors added a GUI for unit conversions to gcalctool . (GNOME bug 539830)
- Dodji Seketeli made it possible to start remote debugging in Nemiver from the command line, it is no longer necessary to fill necessary parameters in the GUI . (GNOME bug 624630)
- The colour temperature has been added to the profile viewer details of gnome-color-manager.
- Jonathan Matthew added children to the podcast rhythmbox item, to have access to both new episodes and recent downloads.
- David Zeuthen started implementing the Date and Time GNOME Shell mockups, in the datetime branch.
- And Christian Dywan added a GtkComboBoxText class to GTK+, subclassing GtkComboBox and replaceing the old gtk_combo_box_*_text() convenience API . (GNOME bug 612396)
February 28, 2010
This week… 2327 commits, in 209 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 739 were translation commits).
- libgda got initial support for GObject Introspection, thanks to Daniel Espinosa.
- Empathy conversation logger can now be run as a separate process (GNOME bug 518414)
- Zenity got a –color-selection switch, to display a color selection dialog . (GNOME bug 540169)
- GNOME Screensaver got a control center extension panel, but it got reverted, most likely for the next release.
- Brasero drive selection widget has been fixed to be usable from GtkBuilder (GNOME bug 608170)
- Some minimal support for checking certificates has been added to Epiphany (GNOME bug 600663)
- GNOME Shell got notifications to point to windows demanding attention (via the urgency hint ) (GNOME bug 610594)
- gnote has been changed to allow user to decide if links are updated when renaming a note . (GNOME bug 584789)
- gcalctool was chaned to allow hexadecimal numbers to be entered in lower-case.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed a bonobo-less branch of the GNOME Panel, porting both gnome-panel and libpanel-applet to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
November 8, 2009
This week… 2027 commits, in 180 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 403 were translation commits).
- Totem got (on-disk) buffering support for downloads, Bastien Nocera blogged about it: No more stuttering.
- The gvfs webdav backend has been changed to remember cookies while it’s running.
- Carlos Garnocho made the SPARQL API of Tracker fully asynchronous.
- Postr (the GNOME Flickr Uploader) has been improved to allow direct editing of title and description, when double clicking (or pressing the Return key) on the photo . (GNOME bug 562162)
- Xavier Claessens added support for some IRC slash commands to Empathy, the currently supported commands are /clear, /topic, /join, /query and /msg . (GNOME bug 573407)
- Also in Empathy Guillaume Desmottes added the display of an error message when codec negotation fails . (GNOME bug 581789)
- The GNOME screensaver got a D-Bus method to show a message on the locked screen, to be used for notification of auto logout.
- In GNOME Shell Dan Winship started a message-tray branch, with some minimal Telepathy support, it has a notification popup for messages and avatar icons.
- Brasero got gobject introspection support for its libraries . (GNOME bug 589073)
- libsoup has been fixed to not change HEAD to GET on 303 redirect.
- A new Google Translate plugin has been added to Kupfer (the command tool inspired by Quicksilver).