September 2, 2012
This week… 2224 commits, in 227 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 608 were translation commits).
- Lucian Langa added parser and formatter modules to handle feed articles in evolution-rss.
- Mike Fleetwood contributed LVM2 Physical Volumes read and write support to gparted . (GNOME bug 670171)
- Florian Müllner added an application menu to sound juicer . (GNOME bug 675245)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification while tracker is indexing the file system . (GNOME bug 670995)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos reworked the toolbar of gnome-calendar to match the mockups.
- In gnome-clocks Paolo Borelli added stop and snooze buttons when an alarm is ringing.
- The port of GIMP filters to gegl operations, done as a Google Summer of Code project by Maxime Nicco and Hans Lo, has landed.
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to correctly use cached contacts first . (GNOME bug 682706)
- Philip Withnall added support for lazy initialisation of properties into folks.
- Pascal de Bruijn contributed support for the Arduino wifi shield to gnoduino.
- In clutter Emanuele Aina added support for panning in scrollable actors . (GNOME bug 681648)
- Sebastian Geiger improved the ‘print to file’ options in the print dialog of GTK +. (GNOME bug 682129)
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to load WebP images in gthumb.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna added a new lock screen menu to combine volume network and power . (GNOME bug 682540)
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to not use IBus when running in fallback mode . (GNOME bug 679819)
- Claudio Saavedra ‘in-tab-overview’ branch of Epiphany has landed, it implements a replacement for the default page that shows a grid with the most visited pages.
August 5, 2012
This week… 1689 commits, in 166 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 350 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega added an application menu to gthumb.
- Milan Crha updated evolution-ews to be able to read/write folder permissions.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa commited a new design for the alarms dialog.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting Epiphany to webkit2, this week the inspector and the disk cache.
- Matthias Clasen deprecated thread functions in gdk . (GNOME bug 680754)
- Lucian Langa initiated the gsettings migration of evolution-rss.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made the Create/Restore Disk Image dialogs non-modal.
- William Jon McCann added a way to rank search results in Nautilus, it gives each search hit a relevance score computed from the sum of proximity, recent, and text match bonuses . (GNOME bug 680163)
- Matthew Barnes added D-Bus interfaces to evolution-data-server for remote resource management.
- Jasper St. Pierre integrated gnome-initial-setup into gdm . (GNOME bug 678057)
- Ville Sokk added both a memory mapped file backend and a threaded memory map file backend to gegl.
- Richard Hughes changed the gnome-control-center to show hotspot details in a new sub-frame.
- Florian Müllner updated gnome-shell login screen user list to indicate whether users are logged in . (GNOME bug 658185)
- Morten Welinder improved inter-workbook calculations in Gnumeric.
July 15, 2012
This week… 1778 commits, in 207 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 225 were translation commits).
- Edward Hervey ported clutter-gst to GStreamer 1.0, and Florian Müllner did the same for gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 679445)
- Juan Pablo Ugarte fixed important memory leaks in glade . (GNOME bug 679487)
- In epiphany Carlos Garcia Campos continued his port to WebKit2, this time with support for persistent cookies . (GNOME bug 679369)
- David Henningsson and Conor Curran added the necessary backend work to get the gnome-control-center sound panel use the new port introspection capability of PulseAudio 2.0 . (GNOME bug 674831)
- Martin Pieuchot contributed support for allocating PTYs through openpty on BSD to gvfs sftp backend . (GNOME bug 679790)
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to rescan device when it’s done restoring a disk image onto it, so no physical replug is necessary.
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a “recent files” place . (GNOME bug 325824)
- In gtk-vnc Daniel P. Berrange added support for connecting to GSocketAddress instances.
- Robert Bragg added support for resizable windows to cogl.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to set IBus engines from input sources . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to extract rar archives with ‘The Unarchiver’ (unar ). (GNOME bug 646606)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a dialpad button widget to Empathy, to improve the dialpad functionalities . (GNOME bug 679396)
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to make it possible to cancel search in search folders . (GNOME bug 578240)
- Jean Bréfort added support for gobject introspection to gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670271)
- In libsecret Stefan Walter added some documentation for how to migrate from libgnome-keyring.
- Rob Bradford landed several wayland changes in GTK+, including a port to the new input protocol mechanism.
May 6, 2012
This week… 2665 commits, in 201 projects, by 227 happy hackers (and 357 were translation commits).
- Sergey V. Udaltsov removed unneeded xmodmap support from libgnomekbd . (GNOME bug 674874)
- Ludovic Ferrandis added a Connman based Context Manager to gupnp . (GNOME bug 672998)
- Christian Persch landed many updates to gnome-terminal, port to GSettings, application menu, and more.
- Speaking of application menu, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added one to gstranslator.
- Perumal Viravan contributed a new documentation for the lightsoff game, using Mallard, of course.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added a Disk Image Mounter utility, and associated it with ISO files, for easy mounting from Nautilus.
- Bastien Nocera added a setting to disable middle click pastes in GTK +. (GNOME bug 665243)
- In orca Joanmarie Diggs began preparations for moving to Python 3.
- Cosimo Cecchi gave a new GNOME 3 style interface to gnome-font-viewer, complete with an overview and an application menu.
- Matt McCutchen fixed evolution-data-server to limit accepted bad certificates to the expected hostnames . (GNOME bug 606181)
- Paolo Borelli added support for the new location of the gtk bookmarks file to gedit.
January 15, 2012
This week… 1971 commits, in 211 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- Owen Taylor correct memory management for singletons in gjs.
- In gparted Mike Fleetwood contributed resize support to nilfs2 . (GNOME bug 642842)
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to use floppy image only for Windows express install, switching to emulating a USB drive for other images . (GNOME bug 666956)
- Christian Persch reimplemented .svgz support into rsvg-view.
- Federico Mena Quintero merged his docking-stations branch into gnome-settings-daemon, this lets docking stations work better in the light of plugging external monitors.
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to the user accounts panel of gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 666573)
- Milan Crha improved the performance of the addressbook cache of evolution-data-server . (GNOME bug 644817)
- In gnome-system-monitor Krishnan Parthasarathi contributed a new Process Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 543347)
- Shaun McCance updated mal2html conversion to reflow grid and 2column links on small screens.
- In Banshee Olivier Dufour added xesam:userRating field in track metadata . (GNOME bug 665997)
- Jean Bréfort fixed formula interpretation in plot series in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 662237)
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez made the visible name of the application always be ‘Web’ ;. (GNOME bug 666587)
- Rob Bradford added a basic implementation of GtkClipboard for Wayland into GTK+.
October 9, 2011
This week… 1979 commits, in 218 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added API docs and introspection support to libgxps.
- In gnome-keyring Stef Walter completed the PKCS#11 import dialog.
- The “margins” branch landed in Glade, it’s now posible to change widget margins using the mouse, thanks to Juan Pablo Ugarte.
- Jakub Steiner contributed a gorgeous icon for Boxes.
- Torsten Schönfeld added support for implementing interfaces and object vfuncs into perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- Debarshi Ray optimized note creation, renaming and deletion in gnote, updating the note tree instead of reconstructing it anew every time . (GNOME bug 660663)
- Christophe Dumez improved the bulk contact removal code in evolution-data-server addressbook component.
- Christian Schaller added an HTML5 preset to Transmageddon.
- Ming Han Teh contributed drag’n’drop support for adding wallpapers into the gnome-control-center background panel . (GNOME bug 655375)
- In GNOME Shell Matthias Clasen updated contact search to match on more fields, making it closer to the way it works in gnome-contacts . (GNOME bug 660580)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added some extra code to gnumeric xls import to fix border consistency in 1C generated files.
- Matthew Barnes used new GtkApplication features to trim off redundancies in Evolution EShell.
- Murray Cumming changed Glom to generated a standard print layout instead of an HTML file, when printing the details view.
October 2, 2011
This week… 2810 commits, in 216 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 767 were translation commits).
- In gdk-pixbuf Keith Moyer fixed gif animation delays between frames . (GNOME bug 655755)
- Jonathan Matthew converted Rhythmbox to be based on GtkApplication.
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for run-time backend detection in clutter-gtk.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a better, more contextual review list UI for extensions.gnome.org.
- Dan Winship updated libsoup to use GTlsDatabase, and added new SoupSession properties for it.
- In clutter-gst Damien Lespiau changed how audio and subtitles tracks are reported.
- Cosimo Cecchi updated gnome-screenshot to use GNOME Shell DBus screenshot interface if available . (GNOME bug 657330)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed latexila to use theme icons, instead of relying of icons copied from Kile.
- Murray Cumming updated glom to use CSS3 formatting for colors.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a snippets manager to gedit-latex.
- Copy and paste from gnumeric to other programs has been fixed by Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 660242)
- In goffice Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions when the input vector is (near-)constant.
- Jens Georg added some delay before handling SoupMessage signals in rygel, to avoid getting stray signals when one of the precondition checks fails.
- Support for DVD playing has been added to Banshee, this includes menu navitation and is the work of Alex Launi, Olivier Dufour, and Bertrand Lorenz.
- Richard Hugues added an ICC profile metadata blacklist to gnome-color-manager.
- Jonny Lamb removed workarounds for Butterfly bugs from Empathy . (GNOME bug 612555)
- Christophe Dumez optimised the parsing of vcards in evolution-data-server.
September 11, 2011
This week… 2865 commits, in 205 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 896 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer updated dia so that plugins can now deliver change information for the undo mechanism.
- Emmanuele Bassi made the json-glib reader perform a stricter validation of data . (GNOME bug 658632)
- Rhythmbox got a new grilo plugin, to replace the coherence and jamendo plugins, by Jonathan Matthew.
- Dieter Verfaillie made a serie of fixes for the Microsoft Windows port of gobject-introspection.
- Lapo Calamandrei pushed a set of refreshed icons for Cheese . (GNOME bug 646770)
- Christian Persch fixed librsvg to store node type separately in RsvgNode, as the previous code could lead to a (potentially exploitable) crash . (GNOME bug 658014)
- Guido Günther turned the control center panel of krb5-auth-dialog into a standalone preferences window . (GNOME bug 657292)
- Matthias Clasen changed Mutter to not show a title on its alert dialogs.
- David Zeuthen updated his udisks2 branch of gnome-disk-utility to show disk names in red if its SMART status indicates that it’s failing.
- Jean Bréfort made goffice sheet widgets scalable . (GNOME bug 605434)
- Milan Crha updated evolution-data-server to read proxy settings from GSettings . (GNOME bug 655728)
- In Nemiver Dodji Seketeli added support for multiple breakpoints . (GNOME bug 658143)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented listening to create/delete events from the tracker DB to refresh gnome-documents view.
- GNOME Shell got new APIs to add and remove search providers, contributed by Philippe Normand . (GNOME bug 658113)
- Vincent Untz added NTP support for SUSE variants to the datetime gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 654970)
- Jim Campbell refactored the web and net sections of gnome-user-docs,combining the different pages under the net section.
- In glib Ryan Lortie improved support for alternative digits (such as Arabic numerals) in date/time formatting . (GNOME bug 658107)
- Alexander Larsson added support for contact unlinking in gnome-contacts.
- Bruno Coudoin added new animals to the erase activity of gcompris; they were taken from pictures of the Antarctic trip of Adrien Grellier and Claire Gégout.
- And keeping the subject on animals, Xavier Claessens added two new (whale and babywhale) commands to Empathy.