January 29, 2012
This week… 1871 commits, in 231 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 219 were translation commits).
- In librsvg Christian Persch improved the decoding of data: URIs.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-screenshot to make non interactive mode headless, making it just save the image to the saved screenshots directory.
- Aurimas Černius added core synchronization support to gnote.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed some initial work porting devhelp to WebKit2; he later posted details about the port and the process (porting devhelp to WebKit2).
- Milan Crha added support for setting user’s folder permissions into evolution-mapi . (GNOME bug 667714)
- Oleksij Rempel switched Cheese from theora/ogg to vp8/webm.
- In gparted Rogier Goossens added the ability to set a new random UUID on file systems that provide the appropriate tools to perform this action . (GNOME bug 667278)
- Will Thompson added support for functions which return GError into pygobject . (GNOME bug 666098)
- Alexander Larsson added a first run dialog to gnome-contacts.
- Matthias Clasen added a resource tool to glib, this lets the developer poke at resources in elf files and standalone resource bundles.
- James Le Cuirot contributed the possibility to align text vertically into glabels.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added High quality zoom for SVG images.
- Adel Gadllah moved filesystem I/O to a thread when taking a screenshot in gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 652952)
- Florian Brosch contributed support for comments to the GIR parser in Vala.
- Pascal de Bruijn made gnome-color-manager use smaller/faster display calibration target sets.
January 15, 2012
This week… 1971 commits, in 211 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- Owen Taylor correct memory management for singletons in gjs.
- In gparted Mike Fleetwood contributed resize support to nilfs2 . (GNOME bug 642842)
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to use floppy image only for Windows express install, switching to emulating a USB drive for other images . (GNOME bug 666956)
- Christian Persch reimplemented .svgz support into rsvg-view.
- Federico Mena Quintero merged his docking-stations branch into gnome-settings-daemon, this lets docking stations work better in the light of plugging external monitors.
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to the user accounts panel of gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 666573)
- Milan Crha improved the performance of the addressbook cache of evolution-data-server . (GNOME bug 644817)
- In gnome-system-monitor Krishnan Parthasarathi contributed a new Process Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 543347)
- Shaun McCance updated mal2html conversion to reflow grid and 2column links on small screens.
- In Banshee Olivier Dufour added xesam:userRating field in track metadata . (GNOME bug 665997)
- Jean Bréfort fixed formula interpretation in plot series in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 662237)
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez made the visible name of the application always be ‘Web’ ;. (GNOME bug 666587)
- Rob Bradford added a basic implementation of GtkClipboard for Wayland into GTK+.
January 8, 2012
This week… 2045 commits, in 177 projects, by 185 happy hackers (and 242 were translation commits).
- In librsvg Christian Persch reworked rsvg-view to make it more modern, dropping GTK+ 2, using Cairo surfaces, GIO, etc.
- Murray Cumming changed Glom to allow custom choices to be translated when used for text fields.
- Neil Roberts added support for mainloop integration to cogl.
- Claudio Saavedra updated eog to make it possible to scale the print preview using the scrollwheel . (GNOME bug 495716)
- Marc-André Lureau added GtkApplication and shell menu to gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 667435)
- In Evolution Milan Crha added a Print button to the meeting notification dialog . (GNOME bug 353743)
- Marina Zhurakhinskaya updated the way notification sources are grouped in gnome-shell, to base it on a combination of pid and title . (GNOME bug 664138)
- In glib Ryan Lortie added new ‘add’ and ‘contains’ APIs to GHashTable, these are both convenience APIs that make it slightly nicer to use GHashTable as a set.
- Matthias Clasen had various GtkApplication changes, including a new Inhibit API and logout notifications.
- Robert Ancell ported a bunch of gnome-games to use GSettings: gnotski, gnibbles, and gnect.
- Germán Poo-Caamaño replaced the old local cooked sockets by the use of nmap for basic port scanning in gnome-nettool.
December 4, 2011
This week… 2239 commits, in 150 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 137 were translation commits).
- Heinrich Müller added flagging of individual articles in Pan . (GNOME bug 651307)
- Mario Sanchez Prada replaced the adblock epiphany extension by a port of Midori adblocker, which is compatible with the EasyList subscriptions for “AdBlock Plus” ;. (GNOME bug 660154)
- Dan Winship added server-side session cache support to glib-networking gnutls backend . (GNOME bug 636574)
- Colin Walters updated gnome-settings-daemon to monitor for gnome-shell presence, and update the Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu property accordingly.
- Vibha Yadav contributed support for delegation in evolution-ews . (GNOME bug 656376)
- In gnome-screensaver Antoine Jacoutot implemented OpenBSD authentication using bsd_auth (instead of PAM ). (GNOME bug 651554)
- Seif Lotfy added a new dashboard plugin to gedit, it displays a grid of recently/most used files upon opening a new tab . (GNOME bug 663466)
- Tom Tryfonidis contributed a redesign of the about: pages of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 665136)
- Alan Knowles added an (experimental) xorg extension to seed.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs added support for speech presentation of embedded object characters in WebKitGtk content.
- Milan Crha added “Listen for server notifications” option to mail, address book, and calendar parts of evolution-mapi.
- Rob Bradford added a first version of a “baremetal” backend for EGL on KMS to cogl.
- Takeshi Kurosawa contributed support for basic vertical writing to librsvg . (GNOME bug 664533)
September 11, 2011
This week… 2865 commits, in 205 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 896 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer updated dia so that plugins can now deliver change information for the undo mechanism.
- Emmanuele Bassi made the json-glib reader perform a stricter validation of data . (GNOME bug 658632)
- Rhythmbox got a new grilo plugin, to replace the coherence and jamendo plugins, by Jonathan Matthew.
- Dieter Verfaillie made a serie of fixes for the Microsoft Windows port of gobject-introspection.
- Lapo Calamandrei pushed a set of refreshed icons for Cheese . (GNOME bug 646770)
- Christian Persch fixed librsvg to store node type separately in RsvgNode, as the previous code could lead to a (potentially exploitable) crash . (GNOME bug 658014)
- Guido Günther turned the control center panel of krb5-auth-dialog into a standalone preferences window . (GNOME bug 657292)
- Matthias Clasen changed Mutter to not show a title on its alert dialogs.
- David Zeuthen updated his udisks2 branch of gnome-disk-utility to show disk names in red if its SMART status indicates that it’s failing.
- Jean Bréfort made goffice sheet widgets scalable . (GNOME bug 605434)
- Milan Crha updated evolution-data-server to read proxy settings from GSettings . (GNOME bug 655728)
- In Nemiver Dodji Seketeli added support for multiple breakpoints . (GNOME bug 658143)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented listening to create/delete events from the tracker DB to refresh gnome-documents view.
- GNOME Shell got new APIs to add and remove search providers, contributed by Philippe Normand . (GNOME bug 658113)
- Vincent Untz added NTP support for SUSE variants to the datetime gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 654970)
- Jim Campbell refactored the web and net sections of gnome-user-docs,combining the different pages under the net section.
- In glib Ryan Lortie improved support for alternative digits (such as Arabic numerals) in date/time formatting . (GNOME bug 658107)
- Alexander Larsson added support for contact unlinking in gnome-contacts.
- Bruno Coudoin added new animals to the erase activity of gcompris; they were taken from pictures of the Antarctic trip of Adrien Grellier and Claire Gégout.
- And keeping the subject on animals, Xavier Claessens added two new (whale and babywhale) commands to Empathy.
June 27, 2010
This week… 2629 commits, in 209 projects, by 282 happy hackers (and 315 were translation commits).
- GSettings ports again, nautilus-sendto, gcalctool were both switched this week to use GSettings. nautilus-sendto has also been ported to GTK+ 3.0, and Rygel as well.
- OpenID support has been added to Snowy, the web companion of Tomboy.
- Daniel P. Berrange added support for colourmap based pixel formats to gtk-vnc, his patch implements full support for rendering from colourmaps, this should improve performances in low bandwidth situations.
- The notification-daemon got support for multiple screens and monitor changes (GNOME bug 622552)
- Christian Persch ported the SVGZ support in librsvg so it can use GZlibDecompressor instead of libgsf . (GNOME bug 621699)
- Damon Chaplin worked quite a lot on a new API for goocanvas, in the new-api branch of goocanvas…
- GNOME Shell got support for icon buttons in notifications, thanks to Matt Novenstern . (GNOME bug 621014)
- Morten Welinder fixed the excessive memory usage of gnumeric related to column styles when reading xslx files . (GNOME bug 622365)
- Michael J. Chudobiak switched the documentation of gthumb to Mallard.
- In Empathy support for importing old Missing Control 4 accounts has been removed.
- Bastien Nocera ported the sound preferences dialog to be a panel in the new control center; and Richard Hughes ported the preferences dialog of GNOME PackageKit.
- The GNOME Panel got support for gobject-introspection, for its panel applet library . (GNOME bug 622341)
- In Vinagre Jonh Wendell implemented the “take screenshot” command for the SSH connections.
- In the land of GSOC students Jamie Nicol finished off the profile view (screenshot), Stéphane Maniaci added some informations about the photos imported from Flickr (titles, descriptions, authors), Michel Hruby started a Totem plugin to allow searching for recent media, and other students were also hard at work.
June 13, 2010
This week… 2432 commits, in 191 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 292 were translation commits).
- Many modules started adopting GTK+ 3 (GNOME Desktop, GNOME Settings Daemon, GNOME Color Manager, GNOME Power Manager, GNOME Control Center, Goocanvas, Totem), sometimes keeping compatibility with GTK+ 2.x, (like VTE, gucharmap, GNOME Games, librsvg and GNOME Terminal).
- Shaun McCance added “Copy Code Block” and “Save Code Black As” to code snippets in Yelp, he wrote about the feature in Yelp and the DOM.
- The volume control “applet” has been changed to use symbolic icons (GNOME bug 614212), to complete this Jakub Steiner added such icons for microphone levels . (GNOME bug 621175)
- Johan Dahlin added a “promise” module to gjs, to provide a better API for supporting asynchronous code . (GNOME bug 608450)
- Grilo got a gravatar plugin, it is used to distribute an artist-avatar/author-avater attribute if either “artist” or “author” fields contain a valid email.
- Totem has been updated to use a dark theme and symbolic icons . (GNOME bug 617921)
- Ryan Lortie added dconf-editor to the dconf module.
- Jonathan Matthew implemented the MPRIS D-Bus specification in Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 618520), MPRIS defines a common D-Bus interface for media players.
- Harold Schreckengost contributed a new F-Spot topic based help.
- Felix Kaser added a new “EmpathyLiveSearch” widget in Empathy, used to dynamically filter the main window contact list.
- In GNOME Control Center Thomas Wood converted the display capplet to a settings panel.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added a search function to the function selector of Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 495776)
- In the GNOME Shell Florian Müllner added a fade effect when overing over items of the dash . (GNOME bug 620782)
- Abderrahim Kitouni added a plugin to support Vala to Anjuta . (GNOME bug 620757)
- William Jon McCann improved the performance of the GDM greeter (GNOME bug 621045)
- In Summer of Code land, Alexander Saprykin wrote a tiny parser for CMML files, so libcmml won’t be necessary for chapter support in Totem; Yuvi Panda made photo, video and burst modes of Cheese work in his Vala port; Michal Hruby wrote a Rhythmbox plugin using Zeitgeist; and more.