June 26, 2011
This week… 1645 commits, in 151 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 270 were translation commits).
- Tom Callaway ported Emerillon to GTK+ 3 . (GNOME bug 649403)
- Richard Hughes added methods to control the backlight on each output in libgnome-desktop, to be used by the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Jon Nordby added introspection support to gegl-gtk.
- In Caribou Eitan Isaacson converted layout files to XML and made use of XSLT to make keyboard definitions easier.
- Bastien Nocera added the Chat account type to gnome-online-accounts and implemented it in the Google backend.
- Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse contributed a patch to libgtop to make CPU load retrieval work on OpenBSD.
- Alexander Larsson had some initial work done on an edit mode for gnome-contacts.
- A prototype of integration with the GNOME Online Accounts service has been added to Evolution by Matthew Barnes.
- Claudio Saavedra replaced the custom dbus-glib activation and uniqueness code of Epiphany by the use of GtkApplication.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved import/export of repeating rows from/to ODF files.
- Kevin Kofler contributed support for looking up Plasma services in GNOME PackageKit.
- Ray Strode made the gdm daemon use gnome-session session files instead of autostart.
June 19, 2011
This week… 2058 commits, in 165 projects, by 243 happy hackers (and 160 were translation commits).
- Vinicius Depizzol adapted the website footer to support selection of languages when available.
- Rodrigo Moya made the calendar backend of evolution-couchdb work with latest evolution-data-server.
- Luiz Armesto added appindicator support to billreminder.
- In gnome-utils GNOME Screenshot was updated to flash the area of the screen that is captured.
- Giovanni Campagna added support for converting JS Arrays to C arrays of any type, not just integers as before in gjs . (GNOME bug 646632)
- In gdm Ray Strode exported a library for being a greeter, this will make it easier for people to write external greeters.
- Alexander Larsson made gnome-contacts track phone status on IM presence.
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added accessible titles on notes in DocBook and Mallard . (GNOME bug 613267)
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved support for export to xslx in Gnumeric.
- Rodrigo Moya added a new ‘Formats’ tab in the region settings panel.
- Robert Nordan contributed the possibility of mass exporting to HTML of Tomboy notes . (GNOME bug 356871)
- In GTK+ Benjamin Otte implemented support for multiple border colors.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed magnification settings from Orca, as it’s now controlled by gnome-shell mag and the Universal Access tools . (GNOME bug 652241)
June 12, 2011
This week… 2184 commits, in 181 projects, by 241 happy hackers (and 323 were translation commits).
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added a new addin for removing broken links from notes.
- Alexander Larsson worked on various things in gnome-contacts, including an initial cut at new details field layout with buttons and some work on notes support.
- Eitan Isaacson introduced a GTK+ 3 input method module into Caribou.
- Support for long press detection has been added to Clutter by Emmanuele Bassi.
- In Planner Caolan McNamara added a display of the date in status bar for resource usage view as well as in the Gantt view.
- Cosimo Cecchi contributed various fixes and improvements to the dark variant of Adwaita.
- David King removed the bookmarks side panel of Vinagre.
- John Stowers added annotations for default values in theme combo boxes of the GNOME Tweak Tool.
- Xan Lopez added suggestions to correct misspellings to the context menu when right-clicking on a misspelled word in Epiphany.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort merged the new log window into Empathy.
- In GNOME Subtitles Pedro Castro added initial support for splitting and merging subtitles.
- Philip Withnall removed the old authentication API of libgdata in favour of a new GDataAuthorizer API, and added an OAuth 1.0 authoriser . (GNOME bug 646285)
- Paolo Bacchilega ported goobox to GtkApplication.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a Telepathy Approver and Handler into GNOME Shell, this will make the Empathy tray icon stop blicking when receiving new channels.
- Richard Hughes added optional colord support to the CUPS print module of GTK+.
June 5, 2011
This week… 1760 commits, in 183 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 306 were translation commits).
- Torsten Schönfeld unified the index handling in argument marshalling in perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- Vamsi Krishna Brahmajosyula contributed a new gnome shell extension, to add a GNOME2-like menu on the panel.
- Vincent Povirk added a new game, eliminator, to Aisleriot, discussion on code and rules happened in GNOME bug 637030.
- Vincent Untz fixed a security issue in gdm, nullifying URI scheme handlers.
- In Epiphany Sergio Villar Senin added a about:plugins page, to show the list of installed plugins . (GNOME bug 575498)
- Paolo Bacchilega added code to disable the screensaver when playing videos or slideshows in GThumb.
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller added video only encoding in Transmageddon.
- Support for an orientation lock has been added the gnome-settings-daemon orientation plugin.
- Florian Müllner simplified handling of removed workspaces in GNOME Shell.
- Iain Lane switched Tomboy from NDesk Dbus to dbus-sharp.
- Ryan Lortie implemented pointer sized bitlocks in glib, including an hand-coded assembly version for x86 . (GNOME bug 651467)