October 28, 2012
This week… 1733 commits, in 182 projects, by 192 happy hackers (and 228 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance implemented side-by-side link tiles in yelp-xsl.
- Emmanuele Bassi added typed initializers to json-glib.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to use scaletempo instead of soundpitch plugin.
- In gnome-shell-extensions Giovanni Campagna updated the alternative-status-menu extension.
- Matthias Clasen made zeitgeist optional again in folks.
- Jordi Mas added two new calculation games to gbrainy.
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification when indexing remote documents takes a long time . (GNOME bug 660507)
- In gnome-boxes Alexander Larsson moved the “force shutdown” from the app menu to the properties view.
- Dan Winship ported glib-networking and libsoup to use GTask.
- Stefano Facchini added support for styling the dragged header in GTK+ tree view . (GNOME bug 684980)
- In pygobject Martin Pitt removed static MainLoop, MainContext, and some GSource bindings as they are now properly introspectable . (GNOME bug 686443)
- Emmanuel Pacaud added support for viewport-fill, viewport-opacity, and enable-background properties to lasem.
- In glib Colin Walters made g_variant_new_from_bytes() public . (GNOME bug 677062)
October 14, 2012
This week… 1540 commits, in 234 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 365 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson imported the gvfs-test test frameworks from Martin Pitt into the gvfs source tree.
- In gxml Richard Schwarting added examples in C, Vala, JS, and Python on how to create and save documents.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a new widget to handle 24-hour format time in gnome-calendar.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-color-manager to have a ‘Show details’ button for already-installed profiles.
- In folks Jeremy Whiting contributed a new Ofono backend to read contacts from SIM cards.
- Ondrej Holy added trackball detection to gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 685941)
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of hard links in file-roller . (GNOME bug 686061)
- In glib, Dan Winship landed GTask, this is a replacement for GSimpleAsyncResult and GIOScheduler, that also allows for making cancellable wrappers around non-cancellable functions . (GNOME bug 661767)
- Morten Welinder fixed the performance of gnumeric when writing a xslx file.
- Aurimas Černius added an application menu to gnote.
- Daniel Stone ported clutter to the new Wayland and xkbcommon APIs.
- Jasper St. Pierre included a new code style/hacking guide into gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 661241)
- Xan Lopez removed support for extensions in Epiphany, see bug report for rationale . (GNOME bug 685630)
- David Zeuthen started reworking the “Create RAID Array” dialog of gnome-disk-utility.
July 8, 2012
This week… 1234 commits, in 151 projects, by 174 happy hackers (and 190 were translation commits).
- Oleksij Rempel created a branch porting gnome-media to the GStreamer 1.0 APIs . (GNOME bug 679381)
- In latexila Sébastien Wilmet made a new UI for the Build Tools Preferences.
- In pyatspi2 Mike Gorse wrapped all interfaces of at-spi . (GNOME bug 679044)
- Seif Lotfy changed the layout of single clock views in gnome-clocks . (GNOME bug 678862)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos started coding the event view part of gnome-calendar.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a switch to globally enable the dark theme preference to gnome-tweak-tool . (GNOME bug 677803)
- Philip Withnall added anti-linking support to folks, to prevent some contacts to be automatically linked . (GNOME bug 629537)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added support for ATA secure erase and non-cancelable jobs.
- Danielle Madeley removed ported the old Empathy themes to be proper Adium themes, this allowed the removal of a good chunk of code.
- Morten Welinder updated the non-linear solver in Gnumeric so it knows about constraints . (GNOME bug 620368)
- In gnome-devel-docs Marta Maria Casetti wrote new Python tutorials for treeview widgets.
- William Jon McCann migrated the Nautilus menu bar to a view menu button . (GNOME bug 676531)
- In rygel Jens Georg added a simple standalone player as an example; it’s a stand-alone UPnP renderer that renders any visual content in ASCII-art.
- Ana Risteska updated gnome-shell telepathy integration to not add log messages on presence changes . (GNOME bug 669508)
July 1, 2012
This week… 1816 commits, in 178 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 243 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a JsonValue type to json-glib, lighter than GValue.
- Brian Cameron updated gdm to reload config on SIGHUP.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added rotate and flip buttons to aravis viewer.
- Bertrand Lorentz switched Banshee to use Last.fm 2.0 API for scrobbling.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for Google Drawings to libgdata . (GNOME bug 633548)
- In atk Alejandro Piñeiro added a default implementation of implementation for atk_util_[add/remove]_global_event_listener, a first step towards a multi-toolkit environment.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa contributed the required bits for deleting clocks.
- Matthias Clasen added manual pages for all gvfs utilities.
- In gnome-contacts Florian Müllner added a search provider for GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 679002)
- Milan Crha fixed kerberos authentication in evolution-mapi.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated empathy new roster view to allow to send files using DnD . (GNOME bug 678524)
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting many parts of Epiphany to WebKit2, Claudio Saavedra helped too.
- Dan Winship added an explicit iterator for GMainContext sources to GLib, named GSourceIter . (GNOME bug 619329)
- Bastien Nocera removed the screenshot UI of Totem, making it flash the video instead, like GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 674640)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to enable Microsoft Exchange support by default.
June 3, 2012
This week… 1236 commits, in 206 projects, by 193 happy hackers (and 270 were translation commits).
- Andy Spencer added a compass rose to the grits virtual globe library.
- Bastian Winkler contributed support for optional transformation functions to pygobject . (GNOME bug 676169)
- Rui Matos changed gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB layouts by itself, and stop relying on libgnomekbd . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Giovanni Campagna modified gnome-shell to show notifications for failed VPN connections . (GNOME bug 676330)
- In glib Christian Persch added D-Bus register and unregister hooks to GApplication . (GNOME bug 675509)
- Jonathan Matthew fixed the –set-rating command of rhythmbox-client . (GNOME bug 677318)
- Paolo Bacchilega added an application menu to file-roller.
- Bastien Nocera added a new menu button widget to GTK+, as used in Totem and gnome-contacts . (GNOME bug 668013)
- Emmanuele Bassi added a new “stopped” signal to Clutter timeline object . (GNOME bug 676854)
April 15, 2012
This week… 1915 commits, in 197 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 447 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes changd gnome-color-manager to show the actual ICC profile after calibration if the user is using a LiveCD.
- Zeeshan Ali simplified a little bit the creation of VMs in gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 672567)
- In cogl Robert Bragg reworked the SDL integration API to simplify the integration for application developers.
- Dan Winship fixed up TLS/SSL property interactions in libsoup . (GNOME bug 673678)
- Peter Hutterer modified the wacom gnome-control-center panel to update the UI if a new tool gets plugged in . (GNOME bug 672691)
- Jakub Steiner added cyrillic support to the cantarell fonts.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed a gnome-shell crash when NetworkManager restarted . (GNOME bug 673043)
- Bastien Nocera ported Totem grilo plugin to the 0.2 API.
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez added a setting to control whether the session is automatically restored . (GNOME bug 673453)
- Felix Riemann changed eog to avoid recompressing JPEGs as PNG when printing, this reduces the file size of the resulting PDF file pretty much to the source file size . (GNOME bug 394260)
- Matthias Clasen improved test coverage of various parts of glib.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified gthumb to show an emblem when a file is added to a selection.
March 4, 2012
This week… 2035 commits, in 191 projects, by 224 happy hackers (and 616 were translation commits).
- Lucian Langa added initial support for arduino 1.0 to the gnoduino IDE.
- Carlos Garcia Campos fixed the zoom in and out actions of devhelp . (GNOME bug 658796)
- Shaun McCance made various improvements to the TTML support in Yelp, used for video subtitles.
- Stef Walter added some functions to expose a secure memory API from gcr.
- He later used it in the implementation of a gnome-keyring prompter integrated within gnome-shell.
- Also in gnome-shell, Florian Müllner added the possibility to start a drag to restore a window from the panel . (GNOME bug 666359)
- Jasper St. Pierre modified ghex to use gresource . (GNOME bug 671101)
- Paolo Borelli did the same for a bunch of gedit plugins.
- Alexander Larsson added support in gnome-contacts for linking non-main contacts with other non-main contacts, this is useful to link telepathy contacts together.
- In GTK+ Matthias Clasen implemented support for touch events to the colorswatch.
- And Michael Natterer implemented smooth scrolling in the scrolled window and range widgets.
- Emmanuele Bassi added flexible API version boundaries to glib.
January 29, 2012
This week… 1871 commits, in 231 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 219 were translation commits).
- In librsvg Christian Persch improved the decoding of data: URIs.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-screenshot to make non interactive mode headless, making it just save the image to the saved screenshots directory.
- Aurimas Černius added core synchronization support to gnote.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed some initial work porting devhelp to WebKit2; he later posted details about the port and the process (porting devhelp to WebKit2).
- Milan Crha added support for setting user’s folder permissions into evolution-mapi . (GNOME bug 667714)
- Oleksij Rempel switched Cheese from theora/ogg to vp8/webm.
- In gparted Rogier Goossens added the ability to set a new random UUID on file systems that provide the appropriate tools to perform this action . (GNOME bug 667278)
- Will Thompson added support for functions which return GError into pygobject . (GNOME bug 666098)
- Alexander Larsson added a first run dialog to gnome-contacts.
- Matthias Clasen added a resource tool to glib, this lets the developer poke at resources in elf files and standalone resource bundles.
- James Le Cuirot contributed the possibility to align text vertically into glabels.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added High quality zoom for SVG images.
- Adel Gadllah moved filesystem I/O to a thread when taking a screenshot in gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 652952)
- Florian Brosch contributed support for comments to the GIR parser in Vala.
- Pascal de Bruijn made gnome-color-manager use smaller/faster display calibration target sets.
January 22, 2012
This week… 1964 commits, in 174 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Maciej Piechotka added a ArrayQueue data structure to libgee.
- Patches from Christophe Fergeau to port sound-juicer to musicbrainz4 have landed at last.
- In Banshee Andrés Aragoneses split RockBox support co into its own class.
- Krzesimir Nowak changed rygel to append extensions to served files.
- Bastien Nocera added support for pairing the iCade into gnome-bluetooth.
- Shaun McCance improved Yelp by making Mallard documents auto-reload on changes.
- In Tomboy Aaron Borden fixed template syncing . (GNOME bug 665679)
- In gnome-contacts Alexander Larsson added support for changing the primary address book.
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to add devices based on what is supported by the OS; the information about device support comes from libosinfo . (GNOME bug 666739)
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to gnome-packagekit, to make it use systemd instead of ConsoleKit for rebooting . (GNOME bug 666788)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed a dialog for zoom options into the universal access control center panel . (GNOME bug 643086)
- David Zeuthen merged his udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility.
- In GLib Dan Winship added multicast-related functions to GSocket . (GNOME bug 626589)
- Alexia Death added axis labels to dynamics curves and curveview in Gimp.
- Patricia Santana Cruz added videos and picture sharing support, via nautilus-sendto, to Cheese . (GNOME bug 522210)
January 8, 2012
This week… 2045 commits, in 177 projects, by 185 happy hackers (and 242 were translation commits).
- In librsvg Christian Persch reworked rsvg-view to make it more modern, dropping GTK+ 2, using Cairo surfaces, GIO, etc.
- Murray Cumming changed Glom to allow custom choices to be translated when used for text fields.
- Neil Roberts added support for mainloop integration to cogl.
- Claudio Saavedra updated eog to make it possible to scale the print preview using the scrollwheel . (GNOME bug 495716)
- Marc-André Lureau added GtkApplication and shell menu to gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 667435)
- In Evolution Milan Crha added a Print button to the meeting notification dialog . (GNOME bug 353743)
- Marina Zhurakhinskaya updated the way notification sources are grouped in gnome-shell, to base it on a combination of pid and title . (GNOME bug 664138)
- In glib Ryan Lortie added new ‘add’ and ‘contains’ APIs to GHashTable, these are both convenience APIs that make it slightly nicer to use GHashTable as a set.
- Matthias Clasen had various GtkApplication changes, including a new Inhibit API and logout notifications.
- Robert Ancell ported a bunch of gnome-games to use GSettings: gnotski, gnibbles, and gnect.
- Germán Poo-Caamaño replaced the old local cooked sockets by the use of nmap for basic port scanning in gnome-nettool.