October 28, 2012
This week… 1733 commits, in 182 projects, by 192 happy hackers (and 228 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance implemented side-by-side link tiles in yelp-xsl.
- Emmanuele Bassi added typed initializers to json-glib.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to use scaletempo instead of soundpitch plugin.
- In gnome-shell-extensions Giovanni Campagna updated the alternative-status-menu extension.
- Matthias Clasen made zeitgeist optional again in folks.
- Jordi Mas added two new calculation games to gbrainy.
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added a notification when indexing remote documents takes a long time . (GNOME bug 660507)
- In gnome-boxes Alexander Larsson moved the “force shutdown” from the app menu to the properties view.
- Dan Winship ported glib-networking and libsoup to use GTask.
- Stefano Facchini added support for styling the dragged header in GTK+ tree view . (GNOME bug 684980)
- In pygobject Martin Pitt removed static MainLoop, MainContext, and some GSource bindings as they are now properly introspectable . (GNOME bug 686443)
- Emmanuel Pacaud added support for viewport-fill, viewport-opacity, and enable-background properties to lasem.
- In glib Colin Walters made g_variant_new_from_bytes() public . (GNOME bug 677062)
July 1, 2012
This week… 1816 commits, in 178 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 243 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a JsonValue type to json-glib, lighter than GValue.
- Brian Cameron updated gdm to reload config on SIGHUP.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added rotate and flip buttons to aravis viewer.
- Bertrand Lorentz switched Banshee to use Last.fm 2.0 API for scrobbling.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for Google Drawings to libgdata . (GNOME bug 633548)
- In atk Alejandro Piñeiro added a default implementation of implementation for atk_util_[add/remove]_global_event_listener, a first step towards a multi-toolkit environment.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa contributed the required bits for deleting clocks.
- Matthias Clasen added manual pages for all gvfs utilities.
- In gnome-contacts Florian Müllner added a search provider for GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 679002)
- Milan Crha fixed kerberos authentication in evolution-mapi.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated empathy new roster view to allow to send files using DnD . (GNOME bug 678524)
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting many parts of Epiphany to WebKit2, Claudio Saavedra helped too.
- Dan Winship added an explicit iterator for GMainContext sources to GLib, named GSourceIter . (GNOME bug 619329)
- Bastien Nocera removed the screenshot UI of Totem, making it flash the video instead, like GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 674640)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to enable Microsoft Exchange support by default.
April 15, 2012
This week… 1915 commits, in 197 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 447 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes changd gnome-color-manager to show the actual ICC profile after calibration if the user is using a LiveCD.
- Zeeshan Ali simplified a little bit the creation of VMs in gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 672567)
- In cogl Robert Bragg reworked the SDL integration API to simplify the integration for application developers.
- Dan Winship fixed up TLS/SSL property interactions in libsoup . (GNOME bug 673678)
- Peter Hutterer modified the wacom gnome-control-center panel to update the UI if a new tool gets plugged in . (GNOME bug 672691)
- Jakub Steiner added cyrillic support to the cantarell fonts.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed a gnome-shell crash when NetworkManager restarted . (GNOME bug 673043)
- Bastien Nocera ported Totem grilo plugin to the 0.2 API.
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez added a setting to control whether the session is automatically restored . (GNOME bug 673453)
- Felix Riemann changed eog to avoid recompressing JPEGs as PNG when printing, this reduces the file size of the resulting PDF file pretty much to the source file size . (GNOME bug 394260)
- Matthias Clasen improved test coverage of various parts of glib.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified gthumb to show an emblem when a file is added to a selection.
April 8, 2012
This week… 1783 commits, in 181 projects, by 224 happy hackers (and 359 were translation commits).
- Martin Pitt added support for GFlags properties to pygobject . (GNOME bug 620943)
- In libsoup Dan Winship fixed some problems with cancelling an asynchronous socket connect operation.
- Bastien Nocera moved Totem application-wide menu items to a new app menu . (GNOME bug 673098)
- Philip Withnall added support for resumable uploads and updates to the Documents API in libgdata.
- In Empathy Laurent Contzen added support for local IP address and port in SIP account settings widget . (GNOME bug 669134)
- Martin Olsson changed ghex to show file offset in statusbar as 0xOFFSET instead of OFFSET.
- Neil Roberts added a mechanism for determining GPU driver details to cogl.
- Owen Taylor changed Mutter not to try to auto-maximize not-maximizable windows . (GNOME bug 673566)
- Lucian Langa fixed bootloader burning in gnoduino.
- In gnome-online-accounts Debarshi Ray added D-Bus APIs to enable/disable Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Chat, and Documents . (GNOME bug 657905)
- Damien Sandras improved the notifications of Ekiga, especially when running under GNOME Shell.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the properties page of Document Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 673256)
- Alexander Larsson removed the GTK+ ms-windows engine as it is no longer used for the windows theme anymore.
April 1, 2012
This week… 2870 commits, in 255 projects, by 310 happy hackers (and 635 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre imported mustache into extensions-web, to get new template system that will allow to sanely translate the website.
- In pygobject John Palmieri added a ccallback type which is used to invoke callbacks passed to a vfunc . (GNOME bug 644926)
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added the possibility to work on search results in addition to just one note.
- Ray Strode dropped the numlock warning from gnome-screensaver unlock dialog . (GNOME bug 662093)
- Jean Bréfort improved goffice to use a fallback image when the actual image type is not supported.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew commited a new more compact header layout, now it has the playback controls, the current track information (including album art), the time display, the position slider, and the volume control on the same line.
- Christopher Baines fixed gcalctool to stop entering thousands seperators when using a base other than 10.
- Xan Lopez changed epiphany to always save the session state on Quit.
- In gnome-documents Florian Müllner made search queries cancellable; to avoid congesting the connection queue, cancel ongoing queries before starting a new one . (GNOME bug 672733)
- Debarshi Ray added Microsoft Exchange support (using EWS) to gnome-online-accounts.
- In Cheese Patricia Santana Cruz added a timer when recording a video . (GNOME bug 599729)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added webcam support to set new avators in gnome-contacts.
- Bastien Nocera changed Totem to pass proxy informations to GStreamer elements . (GNOME bug 395429)
August 14, 2011
This week… 1305 commits, in 147 projects, by 196 happy hackers (and 237 were translation commits).
- David King disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del action in the view-only mode of Vinagre . (GNOME bug 656451)
- Vincent Untz added support for XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP, to be used by non-GNOME consumers of GNOME . (GNOME bug 654041)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the support GTK+ modules into Caribou . (GNOME bug 655047)
- In GNOME Disk Utility David Zeuthen added an UI for editing /etc/fstab entries.
- Lubosz Sarnecki contribued viewer transformation support into Pitivi.
- GHex has been ported to use GSettings by Kalev Lember.
- Jakub Steiner and Cosimo Cecchi made various refinements to the Adwaita theme.
- In pygobject Laszlo Pandy added support for calling functions with keyword arguments in invoke . (GNOME bug 625596)
- Dan Winship changed libsoup to default to TLS for https connections, and fall back to SSLv3 on failure . (GNOME bug 581342)
- Luca Bruno switched vala support for libgdata to use introspection data . (GNOME bug 655192)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for smoothed curve renaming . (GNOME bug 656148)
- Jasper St. Pierre added invisible borders to Mutter, paving the way for easier grab on thin window borders . (GNOME bug 644930)
- Philip Withnall ported the MPRIS support of Totem to version 2.1.
- In folks Travis Reitter added support for vCard-like parameters to a serie of attributes.
- Murray Cumming made various improvements to the Print Layout support of glom.
August 7, 2011
This week… 1642 commits, in 165 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 223 were translation commits).
- Jesse van den Kieboom added pre-commit and post-commit hook execution to gitg.
- Stef Walter implemented GTlsDatabase into glib-networking, an abstract object implemented by the various TLS backends, which is used by GTlsConnection to lookup certificates and keys, as well as verify certificate chains . (GNOME bug 636572)
- Stef Walter also ported libcryptui to use GSettings.
- In Rygel Luis de Bethencourt made the AVC_MP4 and AAC_ISO_320 transcoders configurable.
- Guillaume Desmottes changed Vinagre to default to 8 bit color depth for Telepathy tubes, as those connections are often slower than local connections . (GNOME bug 655415)
- Vincent Untz ported gnome-panel to use the new gnome-menus API . (GNOME bug 649327)
- Fabien Parent contributed support for user defined assembly syntax in Nemiver.
- Richard Hughes added a backlight helper to the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin, as xbacklight isn’t always present.
- Jasper St. Pierre made looking glass recognize new extensions as they are added to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 654770)
- The new Evolution documentation, in Mallard and written and assembled by Andre Klapper has landed.
- Shaun McCance added support for a “button” style on link, in yelp-xsl.
- Support for rich text in legends has been added to goffice by Jean Bréfort.
- Cosimo Cecchi removed the built-in hover audio previewer from Nautilus, as there is now sushi.
- Joaquim Rocha added support for exporting to PDF in ocrfeeder.
- Bastien Nocera added a plugin to rotate videos to Totem . (GNOME bug 589399)
- Morten Welinder excised usage of libgnome* and bonobo from Gnumeric.
- In evolution-data-server Philip Withnall added support for getting and setting photos on contacts from Google Contacts, including caching support . (GNOME bug 619135)
March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)