December 27, 2009
This week… 1152 commits, in 137 projects, by 191 happy hackers (and 128 were translation commits).
- Thanks to a patch by Philip Chimento gtk-doc got a much improved support for parsing unions . (GNOME bug 165425)
- Francisco Rojas added tag autocompletion to Postr . (GNOME bug 507242)
- Support for BibTeX syntax highlighting has bee pushed to gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 605071)
- Takao Fujiwara updated gdm to reload the i18n file automatically . (GNOME bug 599263)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov updated the gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to use the new GkbdStatus status icon.
- The GNOME Color Manager gained an experimental user-calibrate wizard, which the user can use when there is no calibration hardward available.
- Empathy has been updated with support for inviting to multi user chats.
- The IM status plugin of Rhythmbox got support for Pidgin, a contribution by Mohamad Elrashidin Sajeli . (GNOME bug 605023)
- Xan Lopez brought back window.close() to Epiphany.
December 27, 2009
This week… 1776 commits, in 177 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 279 were translation commits).
- This was hackfest week for Epiphany, WebKitGTK+ (and other related modules), go and read Xan Lopez and Gustavo Noronha summaries. Or read on for my particular pick…
- Benjamin Otte added support for favicons the the epiphany tabs-reloaded extension.
- Content-Encoding support landed in libsoup (GNOME bug 522772)
- Custom user-agent support has been added.
- There is a new info bar widget at the top of the web view, used to ask if credentials have to be saved.
- Maxim Ermilov added command and path completion to the Alt+F2 dialog of GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 597677)
- Also in GNOME Shell Colin Walters added an extension system, there is no UI yet, it will come later . (GNOME bug 599661)
- Johan Dahlin added a Makefile.introspection file to gobject-introspection, to be used by other projects, and modified pango and gtk+ to use it.
- After some discussion on nautilus-list and gnome-shell-list, Alexander Larsson changed Nautilus to use its browser mode by default.
- The GNOME Terminal preferences dialog got a new “unlimited scrollback” option (GNOME bug 599443).
- After a comment in last week digest edition, Paolo Bacchilega changed File Roller to use AES128 instead of AES256 as encryption type.
- Libgnomekbd got a new GkbdStatus widget implementing a status icon, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote about it in kbd stuff going threezero.
December 6, 2009
This week… 1756 commits, in 187 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 277 were translation commits).
- Brasero got a way to switch between different project types, for example converting from an audio project to a data project . (GNOME bug 558440)
- The Evolution contact map plugin by Cédric Bosdonnat has been commited, Cédric announced the plugin in Maps for Evolution . (GNOME bug 361156)
- An iPhone port of Dasher has been pushed.
- Cheese saw ports from HAL to gudev (GNOME bug 594966), from EphySpinner to GtkSnipper (GNOME bug 598445), and from straight GStreamer to libcanberra (GNOME bug 603152).
- Support for callback functions has been pushed into gjs . (GNOME bug 563025)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated file roller to use an EggFileFormatChooser widget for file format selection.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo worked hard updating the API docs of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 503852)
- Support for compression has been added to the TIFF pixbuf loader . (GNOME bug 584700)
- Matt Kraai made the totem-pl-parser library thread-safe . (GNOME bug 572705)
- Jonathon Jongsma refactored error reporting in Evolution to separate error from dialogs . (GNOME bug 602963)