October 16, 2011
This week… 1750 commits, in 199 projects, by 228 happy hackers (and 252 were translation commits).
- Alexander Larsson pushed his Glick2 code (announce).
- Jakub Steiner added -rtl variants of directional icons, to both gnome-icon-theme and gnome-icon-theme-symbolic.
- He also added and fixed hints on various characters of the cantarell fonts.
- In gnome-panel Vincent Untz added support for instance configuration of objects in default layout, it’s now possible to change some settings of the objects in the default layout, for example adding a new launcher.
- Torsten Schönfeld added support for callbacks in perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- In gnome-color-manager Richard Hughes speeded up the profile viewer loading when scanning a large number of profiles.
- Marc-André Lureau added password support for machines in gnome-boxes.
- In folks telepathy backend Travis Reitter added support for more fields, birthdays, url details, and email details.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-documents to register previewed documents into GtkRecentManager . (GNOME bug 661339)
- Jason Crain contributed support for bidirectional, sideways, and italic text into libgxps.
- Jon Nordby implemented configurable autoscaling in GeglGtkView.
- In evolution-data-server Matthew Barnes pushed a new authentication API for libcamel.
- In glib Ryan Lortie switched GCond to use monotonic time for timed waits.
September 4, 2011
This week… 2443 commits, in 197 projects, by 258 happy hackers (and 546 were translation commits).
- In meld Kai Willadsen added a simple animation providing visual cues showing the effects of actions on diff chunks.
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb web uploaders to update the progress bar during the files upload.
- David Zeuthen added SMART functionality to the udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility.
- Various fixes, by Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse and Petr Salinger, were pushed to libgtop to fix issues on FreeBSD and OpenBSD.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a cache for cover art in sushi . (GNOME bug 655093)
- Ray Strode made the gdm greeter run its own distinct session.
- Lapo Calamandrei made new icons for the various user status . (GNOME bug 656630)
- The default browser set in the default gnome shell favourites list was switched to Epiphany . (GNOME bug 650616)
- Andy Spencer switched grits to use a higher resolution elevation dataset.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a GtkClutter fading toolbar to the fullscreen mode of gnome-documents.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added support for SI units in the scientific format selector of goffice.
- Adel Gadllah changed mutter to unredirect fullscreen windows, to avoid the overhead for intensive applications like games . (GNOME bug 597014)
- In gnome-keyring gcr library Stef Walter added support for getting friendly name out of a PKCS#12 file.
- Murray Cumming improved glom print layout to allow the user to choose row and column line widths and color.
- Morten Mjelva made it possible to search for contacts in the gnome-shell overview . (GNOME bug 643018)
- Alban Crequy optimised the loading contacts part of Empathy contact list.
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez added basic support for Web Applications, allowing to save any page as a “Web Application”.
- In glib Dan Winship updated GSocketAddress to create IPv4 addresses for IPv6 mapped-IPv4 addresses . (GNOME bug 646082)
May 22, 2011
This week… 1811 commits, in 154 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 166 were translation commits).
- Lapo Calamandrei reworked all window related icons, notably improving the “window new” icon (GNOME bug 650712)
- John Stowers started working on introspection support for goocanvas.
- In GNOME Color Manager Richard Hughes added functionality to show optional notifications when a color profile is out of calibration.
- The colour preferences panel based has been reworked based on feedback from the designers and incorported into gnome-control-center.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to rotate a picture dragging the image.
- Alexander Larsson added presence icons to chat details in gnome-contacts.
- Mutter got support for style variants, so that colors from the GTK+ style are picked from the correct theme variant . (GNOME bug 645355)
- Will Thompson added a /whois command to Empathy . (GNOME bug 571631)
- Initial work on a gnome-online-accounts client has been started by David Zeuthen in the goa-client branch of gnome-shell.
- Stef Walter added support for listing secret gnupg keys in gnome-keyring.
- Matthias Clasen pushed a prototype of a initial-setup application into the wip/initial-setup branch of gdm.
September 12, 2010
This week… 2395 commits, in 184 projects, by 268 happy hackers (and 494 were translation commits).
- Travis Reitter commited a folks-import tool, which allows importing of Pidgin meta-contact information to libfolks’ key file (GNOME bug 629084). He announced it as Folks 0.1.17 includes a migration tool.
- Nathaniel Harward contributed Shotwell support to Conduit.
- Luis Medinas replaced the last part of dbus-glib by GDBus in Brasero.
- A new tablet icon, and a revamped generic phone icon were pushed to gnome-icon-theme by Jakub Steiner.
- Maxim Ermilov added support for optionally attaching modal dialogs in Mutter, and made use of this new feature in GNOME Shell, adding some visual effects along the way . (GNOME bug 612726)
- Also in GNOME Shell Milan Bouchet-Valat ported the built-in magnifier to use GSettings . (GNOME bug 622414)
- In Nemiver Hubert Figuiere ported from libglademm to GtkBuilder, and Dodji Seketeli added support for “filename:linenum” in the set breakpoint dialog.
- W. Michael Petullo fixed sharing of music by Rhythmbox to iTunes 10 over DAAP . (GNOME bug 628974)
- Gabriel Burt made many improvements to the bookmark editing feature of pdfmod, including undo/redo support.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro made the interactive search of gedit the default search function, it used to be called using ctrl-k.
- The new GDatetime support in GLib has been updated to use the Proleptic Gregoian calendar instead of the Julian calendar in its internal representation.
- Support for XPS documents has been added to Evince; Carlos Garcia Campos announced it in XPS Documents.
February 21, 2010
This week… 2115 commits, in 218 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 629 were translation commits).
- Colin Walters optmized function invocation in gjs (GNOME bug 604076).
- Also in gjs, Johan Dahlin pushed the beginning of a module wrapping cairo.
- In GNOME Shell Floran Müllner added fading out of the desktop icons when showing the overview . (GNOME bug 600999)
- Gnumeric got a fix on the way it uses to store floading point values in ODF . (GNOME bug 610372)
- Tomas Bzatek fixed gvfs to correctly store ssh/sftp passwords in the keyring, when requested . (GNOME bug 580024)
- gparted has been changed to indicate required software packages if unable to read file system (GNOME bug 576908)
- gcalctool documentation has been rewritten in the new Mallard format.
- Rygel has been updated to support uploading, this works in both standalone and Tracker backends.
- Lapo Calamamandrei added the last two missing navigation icons (home and jump) to the new GNOME Icon Theme.
- Kupfer got a plugin that makes it able to look inside compressed archives.
- Alexander Kojevnikov implemented support for the media art storage specification to Banshee (to be honest, a simplified version of the proposal ). (GNOME bug 520516)
January 10, 2010
This week… 1910 commits, in 203 projects, by 232 happy hackers (and 374 were translation commits).
- Jesse van den Kieboom updated gitg to have option for local branches in the History view . (GNOME bug 602536)
- Conduit has been ported to GtkBuilder.
- Felix Riemann updated Eog to use GtkInfoBar instead of their custom message area widget.
- Libchamplain got support to display a scale with the current unit size on the map. Pierre-Luc Beaudoin wrote about this new feature in Can you spot what’s new? on his weblog.
- Florian Scandella changed the GNOME Shell to autohide the sidebar when in compatch mode . (GNOME bug 604118)
- Also in the GNOME Shell, Dan Winship changed the messaging area to use the notification daemon instead of talking directly with Telepathy, the bug report has the rationale . (GNOME bug 606331)
- Introspection support has been added to totem-pl-parser . (GNOME bug 555848)
- A new and proper build system found its way to gnome-icon-theme.
- Empathy merged the audio and video icons of the contact window, as there is now a context menu allowing to start audio and video calls.
- Also both libnotify and notification-daemon have been imported onto git.gnome.org.
December 13, 2009
This week… 1522 commits, in 153 projects, by 200 happy hackers (and 121 were translation commits).
- In Epiphany Carl van Tonder added a gconf key to control the search engine used in auto-search.
- GNOME Terminal got support for more proxy settings, exposing environment variables such as ftp_proxy or https_proxy, taken from the GNOME Proxy Preferences . (GNOME bug 596688)
- Federico Mena Quintero changed the Display Preferences tool to automatically turn on outputs which support Mirror Screens . (GNOME bug 590823)
- Andrea Cimitan pushed a lot of updates to the Murrine theme engine, including support for theming the GtkExpander widget.
- Support for per-monitor backgrounds has been added to the control center, Nautilus and libgnome-desktop . (GNOME bug 147808)
- Holger Berndt added support for panes in Nautilus, to provide a new split view mode.
- Johan Dahlin added introspection support to ATK . (GNOME bug 592146)
- Palimpset, from the GNOME Disk Utility module, got a “connect to server” dialog, to manage disks on a remote server.
- File Roller has been updated to use AES256 as encryption type when creating zip files with 7zip.
- In the GNOME Icon Theme Lapo Calamandrei updated a lot of icons, including a new set of navigation icons.
November 29, 2009
This week… 1770 commits, in 169 projects, by 229 happy hackers (and 274 were translation commits).
- The GtkToolPalette widget, which provides a tool palette with categories, has been merged into gtk + (GNOME bug 567729).
- Ke Wang added D-Bus support to the Java ATK wrapper, so it can work with the new AT-SPI
- Thorsten Sick added complete documentation to many of the (lib)seahorse files, and seahorse-plugins migrated from libglade to GtkBuilder.
- Federico Mena Quintero added handling of the XF86RotateWindows hotkey to gnome-settings-daemon, to rotate a laptop display; this is for tablets that have a “rotate the screen” hotkey. It finds the laptop’s built-in video output and rotate it to the next available rotation.
- Colin Walters ported GNOME Shell “AppWell” and panel to CSS . (GNOME bug 602131).
- Anjuta and Brasero both moved code to use the GtkInfoBar widget introduced in GTK+ 2.18.
- The way message parsing and escaping is handled in Empathy has been reworked to handle more cases of URL and smileys replacements.
- The one-canvas branch of the GNOME Icon Theme has been merged to master, many impressive icons in there! (unfortunately it still needs a proper build system, see GNOME bug 602988)
- Alexander Larsson commited GConverter to glib master, it is a generic interface for stateful conversions of data, it is a generic interface suitable for things like IConv, compression, decompression and regexp replacement. He posted to gtk-devel-list about it: GConverted commited.
- Totem gained support for playing DVDs from images, it now shows mounted archives in the Movie menu.
- David Zeuthen cleaned up the user interface of the SMART dialog of gnome-disk-utility. screenshot of cleaned up UI.
- And Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrapped the API added in GIO 2.22 in pygobject.
November 22, 2009
This week… 1637 commits, in 179 projects, by 248 happy hackers (and 285 were translation commits).
- In the camel-gobject branch of Evolution, Matthew Barnes replaced Camel’s homegrown type system with GObject.
- Brasero got Tracker support in its search pane . (GNOME bug 465660)
- Simon van der Linden added a method to compare GIBaseInfo objects (GNOME bug 590527)
- Pitivi got preliminary support for video mixing.
- Brian Cameron added back Include, Exclude, and IncludeAll configuration options to GDM, to select which users should be visible; the option had been removd in the 2.22 rewrite. (GNOME 557553)
- Florian Müllner improved the GNOME Shell to switch from the overview to the confirmation dialog some applications display before closing, when an application is closed from the overview . (GNOME bug 602532).
- Also in the GNOME Shell, to support a message tray, Dan Winship added a notification daemon service.
- After doing a first serie of commands two weeks ago, Xavier Claessens added support for the /nick command to Empathy . (GNOME bug 602066)
- Evince has been modified to display files attached to PDF documents (it requires poppler from git master ). (GNOME bug 601839)
- The GNOME Icon Theme got special icons for XDF folders (documents, download, music, pictures…).