November 29, 2009
This week… 1770 commits, in 169 projects, by 229 happy hackers (and 274 were translation commits).
- The GtkToolPalette widget, which provides a tool palette with categories, has been merged into gtk + (GNOME bug 567729).
- Ke Wang added D-Bus support to the Java ATK wrapper, so it can work with the new AT-SPI
- Thorsten Sick added complete documentation to many of the (lib)seahorse files, and seahorse-plugins migrated from libglade to GtkBuilder.
- Federico Mena Quintero added handling of the XF86RotateWindows hotkey to gnome-settings-daemon, to rotate a laptop display; this is for tablets that have a “rotate the screen” hotkey. It finds the laptop’s built-in video output and rotate it to the next available rotation.
- Colin Walters ported GNOME Shell “AppWell” and panel to CSS . (GNOME bug 602131).
- Anjuta and Brasero both moved code to use the GtkInfoBar widget introduced in GTK+ 2.18.
- The way message parsing and escaping is handled in Empathy has been reworked to handle more cases of URL and smileys replacements.
- The one-canvas branch of the GNOME Icon Theme has been merged to master, many impressive icons in there! (unfortunately it still needs a proper build system, see GNOME bug 602988)
- Alexander Larsson commited GConverter to glib master, it is a generic interface for stateful conversions of data, it is a generic interface suitable for things like IConv, compression, decompression and regexp replacement. He posted to gtk-devel-list about it: GConverted commited.
- Totem gained support for playing DVDs from images, it now shows mounted archives in the Movie menu.
- David Zeuthen cleaned up the user interface of the SMART dialog of gnome-disk-utility. screenshot of cleaned up UI.
- And Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrapped the API added in GIO 2.22 in pygobject.