January 1, 2012
This week… 803 commits, in 123 projects, by 135 happy hackers (and 178 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a special diagnostic mode to Clutter, to be used to mark deprecated virtual functions and other run-time constructs.
- John Ralls pushed the conversion of gtk-mac-integration to the gobject-introspectable structure.
- In libchamplain Jiří Techet added a Python champlain-gtk demo with markers, thanks to Nicolas Évrard.
- Vivien Malerba improved the timestamp entry widget of libgda.
- Zeeshan Ali added a sound card device to VMs of gnome-boxes.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs had various event manager improvements.
- Murray Cumming improved the “Related Choices” Glom field to allow the user to specify a sort order.
- Sergey V. Udaltsov fixed rendering of the layout list in the “add layout” popup of gnome-control-center region panel.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported iagno from C to Vala.
- Dov Grobgeld introduced initial remote control of giv through jsonrpc.
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow fixed chinese number rendering.
- Morten Welinder updated gnumeric to handle unicode signs better.
- In glib Ravi Sankar Guntur fixed the handling of ‘\v’ (vertical tab) in g_strescape() and g_strcompress (). (GNOME bug 664830)
August 21, 2011
This week… 2080 commits, in 168 projects, by 244 happy hackers (and 325 were translation commits).
- Stef Walter refactored the asynchronous operation code in seahorse.
- Carlos Martín Nieto changed blam to use the db4o database engine for storage.
- Torsten Schönfeld made major improvements to the introspection support in Perl.
- A new chat input style, with smaller meta messages, has been pushed into gnome-shell by Allan Day.
- GNOME Contacts got an initial, and crude, dialog for linking contacts.
- Jiří Techet made the zoom animation in libchamplain configurable.
- The Aunt Mary game has been added back to Aisleriot by Christian Persch . (GNOME bug 325039)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the search popup of gedit to use CSS for styling.
- Shaun McCance speeded up urlencode calls in cache generation in yelp-xsl.
- Rodrigo Moya migrated the smartcard gnome-settings-daemon plugin from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- John Stowers added per-document preferences to gedit-latex.
- The new log window of Empathy got landed by Danielle Madeley.
- Matthew Barnes added a “security-method” property to evolution port entry.
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added support for the HPFILTER, a function calculating the Hodrick Prescott Filter.
- The new font chooser dialog, developed by Alberto Ruiz, was merged into GTK+.
November 14, 2010
This week… 2168 commits, in 214 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 385 were translation commits).
- Tomas Bzatek ported the GVFS daemons to GSettings.
- The drag n drop redesign of GNOME Shell has been pushed to the gnome-shell-design repository.
- Torsten Schoenfeld worked on introspection support in the Perl modules, adding tests and implementing conversions from and to Perl scalar values.
- Owen Taylor pushed his mutter branch making shadows pretty and configurable . (GNOME bug 592382)
- Epiphany has been changed to use ful lcontent zoom by default . (GNOME bug 615362)
- Shaun McCance added support for TTML captions to Mallard
tag, he wrote about it in Mallard+TTML Video Captions.
- Maxim Ermilov updated GNOME Shell to never fall back to using the window title as application name . (GNOME bug 624935)
- Tomaž Vajngerl added the MapQuest rendered for OpenStreetMap to libchamplain.
- Jose Aliste ported the gedit syntex plugin to both libpeas and the newest pygobject (with introspection).
- Nemiver got better breakpoint re-setting on restart, by Dodji Seketeli . (GNOME bug 634227)
- Lucas Rocha added thing-specific toolbars to The Board (which has been added to git.gnome.org recently), and later he wrote about them in Context Toolbars in The Board.
- In GTK+ A xcb GDK backend has been started by Ryan Lortie.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gstranslated plugin engine to use libpeas.
- And Gheyret T.Kenji added Uighur translations to a lot of modules.
August 22, 2010
This week… 2759 commits, in 181 projects, by 258 happy hackers (and 486 were translation commits).
- Peter Tyser added to Meld the ability to check if version control repository are valid.
- Christian Persch ported libgconf-2 to GDbus, this makes libgconf-2 not link to libdbus anymore, which means libgconf-2 is LGPL2+ again . (GNOME bug 618039)
- Tor-björn Claesson made it possible to register new search providers for the GNOME Shell dash.
- Paul Cutler added Mallard snippets to the gedit snippets plugin.
- Also in the Mallard vicinity Claude Paroz updated Damned Lies to display a special icon next to documentation in the Mallard format.
- Håkon Enger added support for Mac OS VNC authentifcation to gtk-vnc.
- The Murrine engine got support for theming new widgets: GtkIconView and GtkInfoBar.
- Jiří Techet changed the double click behaviour of libchamplain, it will now zoom and center to the clicked area . (GNOME bug 605784)
- Support for importing ODF graphs into Gnumeric continues to improve thanks to Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 626961 for example)
- Carlos Garcia Campos merged his port of gnome-applets to the new libpanel-applet API.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on proxy support in GLib has been merged.
- Empathy new “linking contacts” dialog continues to be improved; also it is now possible to disable logging . (GNOME bug 567858)
- Nate Stedman added support for embedding PDF documents in Ease.
- Summer of Code has ended, there is a summary of all projects, the snippets manager plugin written by Dragos Dena has been merged in Anjuta, and a few last updates were posted, Salomon Sicket on TaskView, Pēteris Krišjānis on recording VoIP in Jokosher, and Matt Novenstern who worked on the Message Tray.
August 8, 2010
This week… 2649 commits, in 194 projects, by 282 happy hackers (and 522 were translation commits).
- Ruben Vermeersch updated f-spot to show import failures after the import command is done.
- Nate Stedman made ease use a single instance, using libunique.
- A long list of deprecations (GdkImage, GdkGC…) has landed in the GTK+ 2.21 branch, to match functions and objects that were removed in GTK+ 3.
- Andrea Cimitan added blur capabilities to his Murrine GTK+ engine.
- GEdit got a GSettings migration file (GNOME bug 619898).
- In GNOME Color Manager Richard Hugues added the possibility to flick between different images in the profile viewer.
- Validation of UTF-8 strings when serializing from blob has been added to GDBus.
- GNOME Power Manager EggConsoleKit has been converted to use GDBus.
- Philip Withnall added a key-file backend to folks, to store links made between contacts.
- Epiphany web inspector got new capabilities, including docking in Epiphany’s window, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote about this in WebKitGTK+ and the Web Inspector.
- Aaron Bockover added the Amazon MP3 server proxy code tat is used to redirect the user to the correct Amazon store, set the Amazon Affiliate ID on requests, and generally provide a level of indirection.
- Bastien Nocera added support for Last.fm’s new XSPF extensions to totem-pl-parser.
- Jiří Techet introduced a memory cache, and removed the non-persistent file cache, to store tiles in libchamplain.
- The summer of code is ending soon, Luca Invernizzi ported his Getting Things Gnome Evolution plugin to be a proper backend, Jamie Nicol added the ability to download free songs from Last.fm in Rhythmbox, etc.
May 2, 2010
This week… 2121 commits, in 206 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- GLChess, from gnome-games, has been switched to use the GtkInfoBar widget . (GNOME bug 612660)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a button to restore selected files in the trash top bar in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 616304)
- Robert Carr worked hard on Glide, including some undo machinery, a new animation system, PDF export support; he blogged about this and more in Glide Update….
- Support for Tracker 0.8 has been added to Brasero . (GNOME bug 616831)
- Emerillon, the map browser using libchamplain, got bindings for the Vala language . (GNOME bug 616729)
- Dependency on libgnome has been removed from the invest applet . (GNOME bug 597842)
- Andreas Rottmann added gobject-introspection support to libsoup.
- Libchamplain build process has seen many changes, making it possible to build again without libmemphis support.
- Guido Günther added a simple PAM plugin to krb5-auth-dialog . (GNOME bug 347034)
- Dodji Seketeli made the find dialog of nemiver non-modal.
- And GNOME Color Manager has been updated to show much more details in the color picker UI, and allow the user to choose a RGB colorspace.
March 28, 2010
This week… 3046 commits, in 229 projects, by 308 happy hackers (and 1235 were translation commits).
- Another big week for translators, German, Bulgarian, Portuguese and Solvenian are now totally translated, 33 teams are over the 90% bar, and 55 over the 70% bar. This week award goes to the Asturian, progressing by over 4 points.
- XChat-GNOME got a fullscreen mode . (GNOME bug 445638)
- Glade has been switched to use the new GtkToolPalette widget, instead of a custom widget (GNOME bug 613956); Tristan Van Berkom wrote about it in The Glade palette goes full circle.
- Ryan Lortie merged the GVariant parser into glib . (GNOME bug 600271)
- The font plugin of gnome-settings-daemon has been disabled . (GNOME bug 613604)
- GNOME Shell has been updated so that ejecting drives will run the same action as in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 613405)
- Jiří Techet changed libchamplain so it cancels the download of tiles that get out of the viewport.
- Vivien Malerba added support for variables in GdaBrowser data manager.
January 31, 2010
This week… 2086 commits, in 199 projects, by 268 happy hackers (and 433 were translation commits).
- Anjuta got support to install required packages when creating a new project via PackageKit (GNOME bug 558856).
- Jason Woofenden modified libchamplain so that tiles are now loaded near the middle first; while Simon Wenner work on a local renderer was being merged.
- In GNOME System Tools Milan Bouchet-Valat added encrypted home folder support when creating new users.
- In glib Ryan Lortie added support for a mutex lock that consumes only one bit of storage inside of an integer on systems that support futexes . (GNOME bug 548967)
- Jamie Nicol modified rhythmbox to use artist and album sortnames in query model sorting functions . (GNOME bug 133444)
- Yelp was fixed to work with API changes introduced in latest xulrunner.
- Evolution was changed to not auto-sign when replying to a signed message . (GNOME bug 607595)
- Jean Bréfort added import/export support for transparent objects in Excel files to Gnumeric.
- GDM has been modified to have the “Switch User” item hidden when VT switching is disabled.
September 27, 2009
This week… 2610 commits, in 209 projects, by 286 happy hackers (and 539 were translation commits).
- The Perl bindings written by Emmanuel Rodriguez have been merged into libchamplain.
- A branch by Alexander Sack reworking NetworkManager menu has been uploaded (it is named “menu-rework”).
- Mark Kasik added support for the ‘auth-info’ attribute to the CUPS print backend of GTK + (GNOME bug 566522).
- Deprecated GTK+ symbols have been removed from gok (GNOME bug 572686).
- Ryan Lortie published a gsettings branch of Devhelp, demonstrating the conversion from GConf to GSettings.
- GNOME Shell has been updated to not treat 1024×600 as widescreen (GNOME bug 596375).
- The GNOME Volume Control has been changed to allow going up to 150% for output volume (GNOME bug 591285).
- Brasero has been fixed to not leak the CD drive device file descriptor, that kept the drive locked . (GNOME bug 596241)
- Evolution has been changed to use Message-ID instead of Message-Id, for increased compatibility with other applications (GNOME bug 596157).
- Ross Burton switched evolution-data-server calendar to D-Bus instead of Bonobo, in the “dbus-calendar” branch.