November 4, 2012
This week… 1548 commits, in 157 projects, by 197 happy hackers (and 275 were translation commits).
- Jakub Steiner made sure the digits of cantarell Bold were monospaced . (GNOME bug 643871)
- In pinpoint Christoph Fischer repositioned speaker notes box to better use the available height.
- Cosimo Cecchi added simple extractor for DVI and XPS files to tracker . (GNOME bug 687162 and GNOME bug 687160)
- César García Tapia added the beginning of a search bar into gnome-music.
- In grilo-plugins Juan A. Suarez Romero changed the flickr plugin to deal with photos only, not videos.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added a zoom option to the lasem renderer.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-settings-daemon power plugin to avoid suspending, dimming or blanking the screen when running as a virtual machine . (GNOME bug 684801)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-boxes to use the notification widget from libgd . (GNOME bug 679106)
- In empathy Giovanni Campagna implemented Google OAUTH2 authentication for GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 652546)
- Jens Georg added an API for Rygel plugins to tell their capabilities . (GNOME bug 676024)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the webkit2 branch of gitg.
- Jean Bréfort added new color maps for color and pseudo-3d axes in goffice.
- Aurimas Černius added a special notebook for pinned notes in gnote.
- Darcy Bras da Silva contributed repeat, no-repeat, shuffle, no-shuffle commands to rhythmbox-client.
July 22, 2012
This week… 1965 commits, in 176 projects, by 239 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to GtkApplication, and got it an application menu . (GNOME bug 677927)
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for downloading thumbnails of Google Documents documents . (GNOME bug 656970)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a week view to gnome-calendar.
- Dan Winship made glib-networking handle simultaneous operations, doing the handshake in a thread . (GNOME bug 656343, GNOME bug 660252)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the vala rewrite of gitg, it includes a nice diff view based on webkit.
- Jasper St. Pierre ported sushi to GtkApplication and gdbus . (GNOME bug 680221)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added ‘find as you type’ while Anna Zacchi added a menu to the Preview toolbar.
- Marek Kasik added an “Options” dialog to the gnome-control-center printer panel, it allows users to set more options based on the printer PPD file.
- Emmanuele Bassi added step() and cubic-bezier() progress functions to clutter timeline object.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna landed the new screen shield, to replace gnome-screensaver when using the shell . (GNOME bug 619955)
- Also in gnome-shell Allan Day improved the calendar layout and legibitily.
- The advanced layer management functions that are being worked on by Paul Lange have been merged in pitivi . (GNOME bug 632319)
August 7, 2011
This week… 1642 commits, in 165 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 223 were translation commits).
- Jesse van den Kieboom added pre-commit and post-commit hook execution to gitg.
- Stef Walter implemented GTlsDatabase into glib-networking, an abstract object implemented by the various TLS backends, which is used by GTlsConnection to lookup certificates and keys, as well as verify certificate chains . (GNOME bug 636572)
- Stef Walter also ported libcryptui to use GSettings.
- In Rygel Luis de Bethencourt made the AVC_MP4 and AAC_ISO_320 transcoders configurable.
- Guillaume Desmottes changed Vinagre to default to 8 bit color depth for Telepathy tubes, as those connections are often slower than local connections . (GNOME bug 655415)
- Vincent Untz ported gnome-panel to use the new gnome-menus API . (GNOME bug 649327)
- Fabien Parent contributed support for user defined assembly syntax in Nemiver.
- Richard Hughes added a backlight helper to the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin, as xbacklight isn’t always present.
- Jasper St. Pierre made looking glass recognize new extensions as they are added to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 654770)
- The new Evolution documentation, in Mallard and written and assembled by Andre Klapper has landed.
- Shaun McCance added support for a “button” style on link, in yelp-xsl.
- Support for rich text in legends has been added to goffice by Jean Bréfort.
- Cosimo Cecchi removed the built-in hover audio previewer from Nautilus, as there is now sushi.
- Joaquim Rocha added support for exporting to PDF in ocrfeeder.
- Bastien Nocera added a plugin to rotate videos to Totem . (GNOME bug 589399)
- Morten Welinder excised usage of libgnome* and bonobo from Gnumeric.
- In evolution-data-server Philip Withnall added support for getting and setting photos on contacts from Google Contacts, including caching support . (GNOME bug 619135)
July 24, 2011
This week… 1607 commits, in 160 projects, by 208 happy hackers (and 269 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau added a “camera” background type to pinpoint, “It’s awesome, it lets you put pull your webcam into your presentation.”
- Gtkhtml was fixed by Matthew Barnes to get font settings from gsettings, not gconf. (GONME bug 655002)
- Richard Schwarting added much documentation to the gxml library.
- Ryan Lortie added new keyfile-based “dump” and “load” commands to the dconf cli tool.
- Felix Riemann modified the map eog plugin to parse coordinate tags directly from the EXIF data . (GNOME bug 654650)
- Some more Chinese poetry has been added to Pango test suite.
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented a first iteration of an inline preview into gnome-documents.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gitg to show “gravatar” when changing the revision.
- Nohemi Fernandez added a fullscale keyboard to Caribou, extending the US touch layout by including keys from the hardware keyboard (ie. Ctrl/Alt, etc).
- Workarounds for Microsoft Excel ODF bugs were made in Gnumeric by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Robert Bragg added ColorMask support to Cogl, a color mask being a bit mask defining which color channels should be written to the current framebuffer.
- Support for new org.gtk.GDBus.C.UnixFD annotation has been added into gdbus-codegen by David Zeuthen.
- Paolo Bacchilega improved gthumb interaction with file-roller, now allowing to drop files from file-roller and get them extracted into the gthumb file list.
- Jonathan Matthew replaced the metadata and encoder backends in Rhythmbox by GstDiscover, a decodebin2-based pipeline, and encodebin, fixing too many bugs to list in the process.
- Arx Cruz added HTML support (via webkitgtk) into the –text-info option of zenity . (GNOME bug 598655)
January 9, 2011
This week… 1791 commits, in 173 projects, by 211 happy hackers (and 356 were translation commits).
- Cristian Klein patched vte to prevent useless wakeups when the terminal doesn’t have focus, disabling the cursor blink timer when the cursor is hidden.
- Florian Müllner added two new frame states to mutter to allow theme authors to tread side-by-side windows differently . (GNOME bug 637330)
- Lucas Rocha started adding a “Sound Thing” to the board.
- Shaun McCance modified yelp to automatically install packages for missing documents.
- In Meld Kirill Müller sped up SVN listing for huge working copies . (GNOME bug 638607)
- Vivien Malerba added initial support for rich text rendering in libgda reports.
- Jon McCann changed gsettings-desktop-schema to no longer have icons on the desktop by default.
- Adel Gadllah implemented cross overview drag & drop in GNOME Shell, allowing draging to the activities button or the hotcorner (and thus opening the overview), which then allows the user to activate any window (even on different workspaces as a drop target . (GNOME bug 601731)
- Jose Aliste fixed several security issues in the DVI backend of Evince.
- The eog plugins system has been ported to use libpeas, and plugins were updated accordingly . (GNOME bug 626091)
- gitg has been ported to use gsettings by Ignacio Casal Quinteiro.
- Paolo Bacchilega re-added the semi-transparent properties box in gthumb fullscreen mode.
- Gary Lin scaled down the GTK+ print dialog size, to make it fit on a typical netbook screen . (GNOME bug 637958)
- Jonathan Matthew fixed the podcast status on download completion in Rhythmbox, this should make it possible to complete downloads that fail due to connection errors and the like . (GNOME bug 633469)
- Robert Ancell worked on the glChess vala rewrite, starting work on a chess clock, and adding back 3D board numbering.
June 6, 2010
This week… 1883 commits, in 194 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch added a backend using GDBus to libunique (GNOME bug 618723).
- In the same vain both libbonobo and nautilus have been ported to use GDBus.
- In another important transition Richard Hughes ported gnome-packagekit and gnome-power-manager to GSettings.
- Maxim Ermilov modified GNOME Shell app view to have sections, based on the categories from desktop files . (GNOME bug 614131)
- John Palmieri added the gtk-demo app, and a couple of demos, to the the pygi repository.
- Per-line staging and unstaging has been made possibile in the gitg git frontend.
- Robert Carr added a theme chooser, and several themes, to his Glide presentation tool.
- In the Ease presentation tool Nate Stedman added transition previews in the inspector.
- Evolution-data-server got the necessary code to connect via a SOCKS4 proxy.
- Yelp got a “Read Later” feature, Shaun McCance wrote about it on his blog: Read It Later With Yelp.
- Ruben Vermeersch worked on the import code of f-spot.
- An initial universal access module and UI has been added to the gnome-control-center by Thomas Wood.
- During his SoC Alex Launi abstracted the context pane logic of Banshee so that the context pane and the now playing area can work independently while sharing the same backend content.
- Yuvi Panga spent his second week replicating most of the UI of Cheese in Vala, making the thumbnail widget work, and implementing a fullscreen mode.