June 6, 2010
This week… 1883 commits, in 194 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch added a backend using GDBus to libunique (GNOME bug 618723).
- In the same vain both libbonobo and nautilus have been ported to use GDBus.
- In another important transition Richard Hughes ported gnome-packagekit and gnome-power-manager to GSettings.
- Maxim Ermilov modified GNOME Shell app view to have sections, based on the categories from desktop files . (GNOME bug 614131)
- John Palmieri added the gtk-demo app, and a couple of demos, to the the pygi repository.
- Per-line staging and unstaging has been made possibile in the gitg git frontend.
- Robert Carr added a theme chooser, and several themes, to his Glide presentation tool.
- In the Ease presentation tool Nate Stedman added transition previews in the inspector.
- Evolution-data-server got the necessary code to connect via a SOCKS4 proxy.
- Yelp got a “Read Later” feature, Shaun McCance wrote about it on his blog: Read It Later With Yelp.
- Ruben Vermeersch worked on the import code of f-spot.
- An initial universal access module and UI has been added to the gnome-control-center by Thomas Wood.
- During his SoC Alex Launi abstracted the context pane logic of Banshee so that the context pane and the now playing area can work independently while sharing the same backend content.
- Yuvi Panga spent his second week replicating most of the UI of Cheese in Vala, making the thumbnail widget work, and implementing a fullscreen mode.
May 9, 2010
This week… 2274 commits, in 184 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 262 were translation commits).
- Guillaume Desmottes and Sjoerd Simons merged their timestamp work into Empathy’s master branch . (GNOME bug 615976)
- Nautilus saw changes in its bookmark API, including the removal of the deprecated gtnome-fs-bookmark* icon names, replaced by the folder icon, and the use of emblems.
- Aleksander Morgado has been improving unicode support of tracker using libicu based word breaking to the parser-libunistring-review branch of tracker.
- Meego improvements got merged into Banshee’s master branch.
- Robert Carr started theming support and improved shapes capabilities in Glide.
- Ekiga got support to work in 16bpp mode . (GNOME bug 611308)
- gedit port to gsettings continued, with many plugins ported already.
- Ross Burton has been working on Randr related improvements of gnome-settings-daemon for Meego. This is happening in the new randr branch of gnome-settings-daemon.
- Yelp got basic printing support, and started being ported to gdbus.
- Matthias Clasen layed ground for new work on GTK+ 3.0 as he made it parallel-installable to 2.x.
- Matthew Barnes went forward replacing CamelObject by GObject in camel, evolution, evolution-data-server, evolution-mapi and evolution-exchange.
Many thanks to Dodji Seketeli who assembled most of this issue.
May 2, 2010
This week… 2121 commits, in 206 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- GLChess, from gnome-games, has been switched to use the GtkInfoBar widget . (GNOME bug 612660)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a button to restore selected files in the trash top bar in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 616304)
- Robert Carr worked hard on Glide, including some undo machinery, a new animation system, PDF export support; he blogged about this and more in Glide Update….
- Support for Tracker 0.8 has been added to Brasero . (GNOME bug 616831)
- Emerillon, the map browser using libchamplain, got bindings for the Vala language . (GNOME bug 616729)
- Dependency on libgnome has been removed from the invest applet . (GNOME bug 597842)
- Andreas Rottmann added gobject-introspection support to libsoup.
- Libchamplain build process has seen many changes, making it possible to build again without libmemphis support.
- Guido Günther added a simple PAM plugin to krb5-auth-dialog . (GNOME bug 347034)
- Dodji Seketeli made the find dialog of nemiver non-modal.
- And GNOME Color Manager has been updated to show much more details in the color picker UI, and allow the user to choose a RGB colorspace.