October 21, 2012
This week… 2002 commits, in 189 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 382 were translation commits).
- Bastien Nocera added forward geocoding search (the process of turning an address into a latitude and longitude) to geoclue-glib.
- Carlos Garcia Campos switched devhelp to use WebKit 2 by default.
- Parag Nemade added a single default ibus engine for Indic locales to gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin . (GNOME bug 685954)
- In orca Joanmarie Diggs added a fix for braille email address auto completions in Thunderbird.
- In gdm Tim Lunn contributed a fix for shutdown and restart on ConsoleKit systems . (GNOME bug 686125)
- Cosimo Cecchi changed Nautilus bookmarks handling to avoid synchronous I/O.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to use libdvdcss, if available, for creating images of DVDs.
- Rob Bradford ported cogl to the new Wayland protocol.
- Kai Willadsen fixed meld to correctly handle metadata-only changes in Git . (GNOME bug 655315)
- Xan Lopez fixed epiphany so it doesn’t automatically download embedded objects . (GNOME bug 683635)
- Michael Hill updated the gnome help in gnome-user-docs to reflect the removal of mode switch.
- Debarshi Ray added ownCloud support to gnome-online-accounts . (GNOME bug 660573)
- In gnumeric Morten Welinder improved the speed of saving large sheets as ODS file, also reducing file size along the way.
- Robert Ancell landed the Vala part of gcalctool . (GNOME bug 640685)
September 16, 2012
This week… 2999 commits, in 265 projects, by 306 happy hackers (and 771 were translation commits).
- Active work continued on the release-notes, with many contributions from Olav Vitters, Juanjo Marín, Andre Klapper, Matthias Clasen, and others.
- W. Michael Petullo contributed a DMAP plugin to Grilo . (GNOME bug 652516)
- In gdm Colin Walters did a major cleanup of greeter environment setup . (GNOME bug 630485)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to install the app menu only gnome-shell is running.
- Sébastien Wilmet added SyncTeX support to latexila, using the gedit synctex plugin as a basis.
- In gnome-panel Jeremy Bicha rearranged the user menu items to match GNOME Shell 3.6 . (GNOME bug 683650)
- Jasper St. Pierre reworked the grabbing code of gnome-shell to properly handle stacking . (GNOME bug 683546)
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a spinner when computing the contents of folders . (GNOME bug 78789)
- Jean Bréfort added a new scattered min-max plot type to goffice . (GNOME bug 683493)
- Matthias Clasen landed a serie of refinements to the gnome-control-center network panel.
- Sergio Villar Senin updated SoupBodyInputStream from libsoup to make it seekable . (GNOME bug 665884)
September 9, 2012
This week… 2896 commits, in 281 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 1186 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to allow scaling images before uploading to FlickR or PicasaWeb.
- Marek Kašík landed the redesign of the “new printer” dialog of gnome-control-center.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the import of multiple paths shape elements in gnumeric ODF plugin.
- In clutter Emmanuele Bassi added interpolation for matrices, making it possible for :transform and :child-transform to be animated.
- In pygobject Simon Feltman added a Signal class for adding and connecting custom signals . (GNOME bug 434924)
- Phillip Wood contributed support for composer tags to sound-juicer, particularly useful for classical music . (GNOME bug 661646)
- Sébastien Wilmet switched latexila from CMake to autotools.
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use libcheese rather than direct calls to gstreamer to take avatar photo.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed idle blank and sleep timeouts in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin . (GNOME bug 668703)
- Thiago Santos updated Cheese to the GStreamer 1.0 API.
- William Jon McCann landed a new design for the “Connect to Server” dialog of Nautilus . (GNOME bug 682637)
- Jean-François Fortin Tam implemented a Media Library toolbar into Pitivi.
- Carlos Garnacho added GtkTextHandle to GTK+, a helper object to allow text widgets to implement text selection on touch devices.
August 12, 2012
This week… 2287 commits, in 213 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 508 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported sushi to GStreamer 1.0 . (GNOME bug 680425)
- Ryan Lortie enabled i18n support for dconf-editor . (GNOME bug 642217)
- Marc-André Lureau added a search bar to gnome-boxes, it will search as you type and filter the boxes . (GNOME bug 681089)
- Giovanni Campagna updated the gnome-shell screen shield to tween from the top when explicitly locking . (GNOME bug 681143)
- Fabiana Simões reviewed and updated eog user documentation, also added pages for the picasa and fullscreen background plugins.
- William Jon McCann updated nautilus to select the first item in search results by default.
- Marek Kašík ported gnome-search-tool to GSettings . (GNOME bug 632429)
- More work on AFP support in gvfs has been pushed by Carl-Anton Ingmarsson, it now has a worker thread in GVfsAfpConnection and log out from the server on umount.
- Lennart Poettering changed gdm to always run on VT1 (while adding a –with-initial-vt=… configure switch for other values ). (GNOME bug 511168)
- Aurimas Černius migrated gnote to depend on libsecret instead of libgnome-keyring.
- Paolo Bacchilega merged a new ‘Add Files’ dialog to file-roller, that allows the user to select both files and folders.
- Ville Sokk did some small optimisation the the file backends of gegl.
- Carlos Garcia Campos updated epiphany to show information about the SSL errors when clicking on lock icon . (GNOME bug 681506)
- In gnome-control-center Matthias Clasen updated the hotspot dialog from the network panel to match the mockups more closely.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GApplication and GtkApplication, and used the later to inhibit the screensaver.
August 5, 2012
This week… 1689 commits, in 166 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 350 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega added an application menu to gthumb.
- Milan Crha updated evolution-ews to be able to read/write folder permissions.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa commited a new design for the alarms dialog.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting Epiphany to webkit2, this week the inspector and the disk cache.
- Matthias Clasen deprecated thread functions in gdk . (GNOME bug 680754)
- Lucian Langa initiated the gsettings migration of evolution-rss.
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made the Create/Restore Disk Image dialogs non-modal.
- William Jon McCann added a way to rank search results in Nautilus, it gives each search hit a relevance score computed from the sum of proximity, recent, and text match bonuses . (GNOME bug 680163)
- Matthew Barnes added D-Bus interfaces to evolution-data-server for remote resource management.
- Jasper St. Pierre integrated gnome-initial-setup into gdm . (GNOME bug 678057)
- Ville Sokk added both a memory mapped file backend and a threaded memory map file backend to gegl.
- Richard Hughes changed the gnome-control-center to show hotspot details in a new sub-frame.
- Florian Müllner updated gnome-shell login screen user list to indicate whether users are logged in . (GNOME bug 658185)
- Morten Welinder improved inter-workbook calculations in Gnumeric.
July 15, 2012
This week… 1778 commits, in 207 projects, by 207 happy hackers (and 225 were translation commits).
- Edward Hervey ported clutter-gst to GStreamer 1.0, and Florian Müllner did the same for gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 679445)
- Juan Pablo Ugarte fixed important memory leaks in glade . (GNOME bug 679487)
- In epiphany Carlos Garcia Campos continued his port to WebKit2, this time with support for persistent cookies . (GNOME bug 679369)
- David Henningsson and Conor Curran added the necessary backend work to get the gnome-control-center sound panel use the new port introspection capability of PulseAudio 2.0 . (GNOME bug 674831)
- Martin Pieuchot contributed support for allocating PTYs through openpty on BSD to gvfs sftp backend . (GNOME bug 679790)
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to rescan device when it’s done restoring a disk image onto it, so no physical replug is necessary.
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a “recent files” place . (GNOME bug 325824)
- In gtk-vnc Daniel P. Berrange added support for connecting to GSocketAddress instances.
- Robert Bragg added support for resizable windows to cogl.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to set IBus engines from input sources . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Paolo Bacchilega changed file-roller to be able to extract rar archives with ‘The Unarchiver’ (unar ). (GNOME bug 646606)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a dialpad button widget to Empathy, to improve the dialpad functionalities . (GNOME bug 679396)
- Milan Crha fixed evolution-data-server to make it possible to cancel search in search folders . (GNOME bug 578240)
- Jean Bréfort added support for gobject introspection to gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670271)
- In libsecret Stefan Walter added some documentation for how to migrate from libgnome-keyring.
- Rob Bradford landed several wayland changes in GTK+, including a port to the new input protocol mechanism.
July 8, 2012
This week… 1234 commits, in 151 projects, by 174 happy hackers (and 190 were translation commits).
- Oleksij Rempel created a branch porting gnome-media to the GStreamer 1.0 APIs . (GNOME bug 679381)
- In latexila Sébastien Wilmet made a new UI for the Build Tools Preferences.
- In pyatspi2 Mike Gorse wrapped all interfaces of at-spi . (GNOME bug 679044)
- Seif Lotfy changed the layout of single clock views in gnome-clocks . (GNOME bug 678862)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos started coding the event view part of gnome-calendar.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a switch to globally enable the dark theme preference to gnome-tweak-tool . (GNOME bug 677803)
- Philip Withnall added anti-linking support to folks, to prevent some contacts to be automatically linked . (GNOME bug 629537)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen added support for ATA secure erase and non-cancelable jobs.
- Danielle Madeley removed ported the old Empathy themes to be proper Adium themes, this allowed the removal of a good chunk of code.
- Morten Welinder updated the non-linear solver in Gnumeric so it knows about constraints . (GNOME bug 620368)
- In gnome-devel-docs Marta Maria Casetti wrote new Python tutorials for treeview widgets.
- William Jon McCann migrated the Nautilus menu bar to a view menu button . (GNOME bug 676531)
- In rygel Jens Georg added a simple standalone player as an example; it’s a stand-alone UPnP renderer that renders any visual content in ASCII-art.
- Ana Risteska updated gnome-shell telepathy integration to not add log messages on presence changes . (GNOME bug 669508)
June 17, 2012
This week… 1400 commits, in 146 projects, by 190 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Jon Dowland updated sound-juicer to use musicbrainz 5 . (GNOME bug 676749)
- Jeffrey Stedfast fixed decoding of some RFC 2184 parameters in gmime.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to show sample size and number of samples for benchmarks.
- Sergio Villar Senin fixed libsoup to not accept cookies for well known public domains . (GNOME bug 673802)
- Jeremy Whiting made libzeitgeist a hard dependency of folks . (GNOME bug 677428)
- Guillaume Desmottes landed a new roster view into Empathy.
- Christophe Fergeau added the possibility to disable SSL checks in librest . (GNOME bug 663786)
- In gnome control center Stef Walter implemented enterprise logins in add dialog . (GNOME bug 677548)
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome shell to always enable accessibility . (GNOME bug 678095)
- Eslam Mostafa updated gnome-clocks to respect the 12/24h global settings.
- In Meld Kai Willadsen added support for opening new tabs from D-Bus . (GNOME bug 616466)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated Nautilus to allow dropping of files to bookmarks . (GNOME bug 645353)
May 27, 2012
This week… 1469 commits, in 159 projects, by 206 happy hackers (and 241 were translation commits).
- Ray Strode ported alacarte to the latest GMenu and introspection . (GNOME bug 626220)
- In gjs Jasper St. Pierre added a debugger function to retrieve the refcount of a GObject.
- In gnome-settings-daemon Nicolas Dufresne changed the default touchpad deactivation to 1.0s . (GNOME bug 590783)
- Valek Filippov continued improving Cyrillic coverage of cantarell-fonts.
- Kjell Ahlstedt contibuted a –include-pointer command option to gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 594141)
- Marc-André Lureau changed gnome-boxes to always show the top bar when the mouse can be grabbed . (GNOME bug 676307)
- Marta Maria Casetti contributed various examples in Python to gnome-devel-docs.
- In gnome-themes-standard Cosimo Cecchi improved the theming support for OSD toolbars and buttons.
- Matthias Clasen changed the gnome-control-center user accounts panel to use libpwquality for password handling . (GNOME bug 676396)
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a way to create a new directory from a selection . (GNOME bug 676432)
- Florian Müllner added a generic –mode switch to gnome-shell, to be used by gdm, initial-setup, or others . (GNOME bug 676156)
- Michael Hill added the beginning of a new administrator guide into gnome-user-docs.
- Jonathan Matthew added a new podcast search infrastructure and podcast subscription dialog in Rhythmbox.
- Piotr Piastucki improved inline highlighting performances in Meld.
April 29, 2012
This week… 1687 commits, in 161 projects, by 204 happy hackers (and 250 were translation commits).
- Juan Pablo Ugarte redid the Glade UI, in Glade, and using GtkBuilder, GResources, and GtkAction.
- Florian Müllner ported gcalctool to GtkApplication, and replaced the existing menu bar with an app menu . (GNOME bug 674529)
- Michael Wood added an “in-seek” property to clutter-gst, this can be used when we need to keep external controllers in sync with the current progress without having to poll for the progress.
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved again support for ODF spreadsheets, this time by importing the page headers.
- Jasper St. Pierre improved the notification part of gnome-shell to match applications on WM_CLASS . (GNOME bug 673761)
- In Clutter Emmanuele Bassi added basic geometric types (point, size, rect) so they can used in properties and accessors.
- Raul Gutierrez Segales contributed a port of folks to gsettings . (GNOME bug 647909)
- Cosimo Cecchi added an application menu to Nautilus . (GNOME bug 674532)
- In gvfs David Zeuthen added support for getting/storing LUKS encryption passphrase from the keyring . (GNOME bug 674161)
- Dan Winship reorganised the proxy resolution code of libsoup, and added support for SOCKS and other proxy types . (GNOME bug 553269)
- In GTK+ Matthias Clasen added a ‘fine adjustment’ mode to ranges, Shift-click in the slider now starts a drag in ‘fine adjustment’ mode, where the slider is moved 10-times slower than the mouse.