August 19, 2012
This week… 2117 commits, in 193 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 481 were translation commits).
- In libsecret Stef Walter added an extensive manpage for the secret-tool utility . (GNOME bug 681434)
- Kevin Anthony added CanSetFullscreen and Fullscreen properties to the MPRIS support of Banshee, bringing it to version 2.2 of the standard . (GNOME bug 681890)
- Jesse van den Kieboom added support for smooth scroll to gedit textsize plugin.
- In gnome-backgrounds Jakub Steiner pushed a new set of images, to refresh the set of extra wallpapers.
- Meg Ford added a new Properties dialog to gnome-documents.
- Alexander Larsson converted EggListBox from vala to C.
- Ondrej Holy contributed support for “natural scroll” to the mouse gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 659498)
- Vivien Malerba migrated libgda from libgnome-keyring to libsecret.
- Arth Patel replaced the lex/bison parser of gcalctool by a new hand-written parser.
- John Stowers made it possible for gnome-tweak-tool to configure shell extension preferences.
- Behdad Esfahbod merged his harfbuzz (a text shaping library) branch into pango.
- In evolution-ews Milan Crha implemented the “Subscribe to folder of other user” feature.
- William Jon McCann pushed a new background panel into gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 676539)
- Marc-André Lureau added a GNOME Shell search provider for gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 681246)
- Felix Riemann added a new plugin to eog to disable the use of the dark theme variant . (GNOME bug 675918)
July 1, 2012
This week… 1816 commits, in 178 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 243 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a JsonValue type to json-glib, lighter than GValue.
- Brian Cameron updated gdm to reload config on SIGHUP.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added rotate and flip buttons to aravis viewer.
- Bertrand Lorentz switched Banshee to use Last.fm 2.0 API for scrobbling.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for Google Drawings to libgdata . (GNOME bug 633548)
- In atk Alejandro Piñeiro added a default implementation of implementation for atk_util_[add/remove]_global_event_listener, a first step towards a multi-toolkit environment.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa contributed the required bits for deleting clocks.
- Matthias Clasen added manual pages for all gvfs utilities.
- In gnome-contacts Florian Müllner added a search provider for GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 679002)
- Milan Crha fixed kerberos authentication in evolution-mapi.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated empathy new roster view to allow to send files using DnD . (GNOME bug 678524)
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting many parts of Epiphany to WebKit2, Claudio Saavedra helped too.
- Dan Winship added an explicit iterator for GMainContext sources to GLib, named GSourceIter . (GNOME bug 619329)
- Bastien Nocera removed the screenshot UI of Totem, making it flash the video instead, like GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 674640)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to enable Microsoft Exchange support by default.
March 18, 2012
This week… 2882 commits, in 225 projects, by 292 happy hackers (and 824 were translation commits).
- Øyvind Kolås added an API for managing palette based formats to babl.
- Jesse van den Kieboom moved the gedit-code-assistance backends to the peas based plugin system.
- Johan Dahlin added a PyGTK compatibility layer to pygobject, that module tries quite a bit harder to maintain compatibility with PyGTK, module names, enums, flags and some API . (GNOME bug 653462)
- In gnome-themes-standard Cosimo Cecchi added the infrastructure to create the High Contrast icon theme from the symbolic icons.
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to add a style class for orientation to menubar, this allows themeing to adjust styling for vertical panels . (GNOME bug 672070)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a new calendar button in Empathy . (GNOME bug 671981)
- In gnome-settings-daemon Bastien Nocera changed the behaviour of the logout key to call shutdown . (GNOME bug 671979)
- In gnome-terminal Christian Persch added handling of GDK_SCROLL_SMOOTH, for smooth scrolling.
- Debarshi Ray changed gnome-online-accounts to hide dialog buttons during the authorization step.
- Zeeshan Ali modified gnome-boxes wizard to only show ISO files in the file chooser . (GNOME bug 672160)
- In gnome-color-manager Richard Hughes provided a way for a program to find out if calibration is enabled . (GNOME bug 672028)
- Bertrand Lorentz implemented SSL certificate validation in Banshee . (GNOME bug 671536)
March 11, 2012
This week… 2499 commits, in 192 projects, by 263 happy hackers (and 793 were translation commits).
- Jean Bréfort added gobject introspection support to goffice . (GNOME bug 670161)
- Morten Welinder improved the Excel export support in gnumeric in various ways.
- Giovanni Campagna ported libgweather to GSettings . (GNOME bug 646854)
- In empathy Guillaume Desmottes added some sanity cleaning process to fix XMPP accounts priority . (GNOME bug 671452)
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to get the panel separators sized by CSS styling . (GNOME bug 671329)
- Bertrand Lorentz updated banshee to handle UPnP device removal.
- The port of swell-foop to Vala that Sophia Yu worked on landed in gnome-games.
- Alejandro Piñeiro got various fixes to accessibility support commited into gnome-shell.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon wacom plugin so that the LED changes depending on the mode of operation . (GNOME bug 670905)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew made magnatune download accounts work again.
- Ryan Lortie updated dconf engine to allow multiple user databases . (GNOME bug 662438)
- The history rewrite branch of Epiphany landed, thanks to Xan Lopez, Martin Robinson, and Claudio Saavedra.
January 22, 2012
This week… 1964 commits, in 174 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Maciej Piechotka added a ArrayQueue data structure to libgee.
- Patches from Christophe Fergeau to port sound-juicer to musicbrainz4 have landed at last.
- In Banshee Andrés Aragoneses split RockBox support co into its own class.
- Krzesimir Nowak changed rygel to append extensions to served files.
- Bastien Nocera added support for pairing the iCade into gnome-bluetooth.
- Shaun McCance improved Yelp by making Mallard documents auto-reload on changes.
- In Tomboy Aaron Borden fixed template syncing . (GNOME bug 665679)
- In gnome-contacts Alexander Larsson added support for changing the primary address book.
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to add devices based on what is supported by the OS; the information about device support comes from libosinfo . (GNOME bug 666739)
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to gnome-packagekit, to make it use systemd instead of ConsoleKit for rebooting . (GNOME bug 666788)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed a dialog for zoom options into the universal access control center panel . (GNOME bug 643086)
- David Zeuthen merged his udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility.
- In GLib Dan Winship added multicast-related functions to GSocket . (GNOME bug 626589)
- Alexia Death added axis labels to dynamics curves and curveview in Gimp.
- Patricia Santana Cruz added videos and picture sharing support, via nautilus-sendto, to Cheese . (GNOME bug 522210)
January 15, 2012
This week… 1971 commits, in 211 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- Owen Taylor correct memory management for singletons in gjs.
- In gparted Mike Fleetwood contributed resize support to nilfs2 . (GNOME bug 642842)
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to use floppy image only for Windows express install, switching to emulating a USB drive for other images . (GNOME bug 666956)
- Christian Persch reimplemented .svgz support into rsvg-view.
- Federico Mena Quintero merged his docking-stations branch into gnome-settings-daemon, this lets docking stations work better in the light of plugging external monitors.
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to the user accounts panel of gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 666573)
- Milan Crha improved the performance of the addressbook cache of evolution-data-server . (GNOME bug 644817)
- In gnome-system-monitor Krishnan Parthasarathi contributed a new Process Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 543347)
- Shaun McCance updated mal2html conversion to reflow grid and 2column links on small screens.
- In Banshee Olivier Dufour added xesam:userRating field in track metadata . (GNOME bug 665997)
- Jean Bréfort fixed formula interpretation in plot series in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 662237)
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez made the visible name of the application always be ‘Web’ ;. (GNOME bug 666587)
- Rob Bradford added a basic implementation of GtkClipboard for Wayland into GTK+.
December 25, 2011
This week… 1842 commits, in 176 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 233 were translation commits).
- Kai Willadsen changed meld to draw the currently displayed page area in the DiffMap . (GNOME bug 470729)
- In Eog Felix Riemann made EXIF/XMP summaries available as a sidebar . (GNOME bug 616438)
- Xavier Claessens added Windows Live oauth2 support to gnome-online-accounts . (GNOME bug 661067)
- Claudio Saavedra combined the Reload and Stop toolbar buttons of Epiphany into a single one . (GNOME bug 657655)
- Cosimo Cecchi did work on gnome-documents new application menu.
- In Evolution Milan Crha made it possible to decrypt GPG mails with anonymous recipient set . (GNOME bug 331361)
- Jonathan Matthew added extdb, a database for storing external metadata (e.g. album art images), to Rhythmbox.
- Stef Walter added system prompt and prompter to gcr.
- Giovanni Campagna reintroduced Wanda The Fish into gnome-shell.
- Jeffrey Stedfast fixed gmime with regards to multibyte sequences split between two rfc2047 tokens.
- Yasumichi Akahoshi changed Zenity documentation to use Mallard, and did new and updated screenshots to go along.
- In Banshee Bertrand Lorentz added a button to go back to the list of audiobooks . (GNOME bug 656439)
November 13, 2011
This week… 1767 commits, in 177 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 201 were translation commits).
- Aurimas Černius added an option for displaying the gnote status icon in its preferences dialog . (GNOME bug 663817)
- Hubert Figuière is back hacking on niepce and added support for flagging pictures, as well as importing flags from XMP files.
- Florian Müllner ported mutter preferences from gconf to GSettings . (GNOME bug 635378)
- In the udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made a first stab at a “Create Partition” dialog.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on HW accelerated element landed in clutter-gst.
- Marc-André Lureau enabled audio support for spice machines in gnome-boxes.
- In Empathy Danielle Madeley made the GNOME Online Accounts optional again . (GNOME bug 663442)
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added new about footers for both docbook and mallard documents.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the rendering of outline levels in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 663663)
- In libgda Vivien Malerba made GdaHolder thread safe, and implemented the GdaLockable interface.
- Frank Ziegler contributed configurable browser filters to Banshee.
- Michael Meeks added some initial support for V7+ websockets to the broadway GTK+ backend.
October 2, 2011
This week… 2810 commits, in 216 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 767 were translation commits).
- In gdk-pixbuf Keith Moyer fixed gif animation delays between frames . (GNOME bug 655755)
- Jonathan Matthew converted Rhythmbox to be based on GtkApplication.
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for run-time backend detection in clutter-gtk.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a better, more contextual review list UI for extensions.gnome.org.
- Dan Winship updated libsoup to use GTlsDatabase, and added new SoupSession properties for it.
- In clutter-gst Damien Lespiau changed how audio and subtitles tracks are reported.
- Cosimo Cecchi updated gnome-screenshot to use GNOME Shell DBus screenshot interface if available . (GNOME bug 657330)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed latexila to use theme icons, instead of relying of icons copied from Kile.
- Murray Cumming updated glom to use CSS3 formatting for colors.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a snippets manager to gedit-latex.
- Copy and paste from gnumeric to other programs has been fixed by Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 660242)
- In goffice Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions when the input vector is (near-)constant.
- Jens Georg added some delay before handling SoupMessage signals in rygel, to avoid getting stray signals when one of the precondition checks fails.
- Support for DVD playing has been added to Banshee, this includes menu navitation and is the work of Alex Launi, Olivier Dufour, and Bertrand Lorenz.
- Richard Hugues added an ICC profile metadata blacklist to gnome-color-manager.
- Jonny Lamb removed workarounds for Butterfly bugs from Empathy . (GNOME bug 612555)
- Christophe Dumez optimised the parsing of vcards in evolution-data-server.