July 1, 2012
This week… 1816 commits, in 178 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 243 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a JsonValue type to json-glib, lighter than GValue.
- Brian Cameron updated gdm to reload config on SIGHUP.
- Emmanuel Pacaud added rotate and flip buttons to aravis viewer.
- Bertrand Lorentz switched Banshee to use Last.fm 2.0 API for scrobbling.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for Google Drawings to libgdata . (GNOME bug 633548)
- In atk Alejandro Piñeiro added a default implementation of implementation for atk_util_[add/remove]_global_event_listener, a first step towards a multi-toolkit environment.
- In gnome-clocks Eslam Mostafa contributed the required bits for deleting clocks.
- Matthias Clasen added manual pages for all gvfs utilities.
- In gnome-contacts Florian Müllner added a search provider for GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 679002)
- Milan Crha fixed kerberos authentication in evolution-mapi.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated empathy new roster view to allow to send files using DnD . (GNOME bug 678524)
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued porting many parts of Epiphany to WebKit2, Claudio Saavedra helped too.
- Dan Winship added an explicit iterator for GMainContext sources to GLib, named GSourceIter . (GNOME bug 619329)
- Bastien Nocera removed the screenshot UI of Totem, making it flash the video instead, like GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 674640)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to enable Microsoft Exchange support by default.
January 29, 2012
This week… 1871 commits, in 231 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 219 were translation commits).
- In librsvg Christian Persch improved the decoding of data: URIs.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-screenshot to make non interactive mode headless, making it just save the image to the saved screenshots directory.
- Aurimas Černius added core synchronization support to gnote.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed some initial work porting devhelp to WebKit2; he later posted details about the port and the process (porting devhelp to WebKit2).
- Milan Crha added support for setting user’s folder permissions into evolution-mapi . (GNOME bug 667714)
- Oleksij Rempel switched Cheese from theora/ogg to vp8/webm.
- In gparted Rogier Goossens added the ability to set a new random UUID on file systems that provide the appropriate tools to perform this action . (GNOME bug 667278)
- Will Thompson added support for functions which return GError into pygobject . (GNOME bug 666098)
- Alexander Larsson added a first run dialog to gnome-contacts.
- Matthias Clasen added a resource tool to glib, this lets the developer poke at resources in elf files and standalone resource bundles.
- James Le Cuirot contributed the possibility to align text vertically into glabels.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added High quality zoom for SVG images.
- Adel Gadllah moved filesystem I/O to a thread when taking a screenshot in gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 652952)
- Florian Brosch contributed support for comments to the GIR parser in Vala.
- Pascal de Bruijn made gnome-color-manager use smaller/faster display calibration target sets.
December 4, 2011
This week… 2239 commits, in 150 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 137 were translation commits).
- Heinrich Müller added flagging of individual articles in Pan . (GNOME bug 651307)
- Mario Sanchez Prada replaced the adblock epiphany extension by a port of Midori adblocker, which is compatible with the EasyList subscriptions for “AdBlock Plus” ;. (GNOME bug 660154)
- Dan Winship added server-side session cache support to glib-networking gnutls backend . (GNOME bug 636574)
- Colin Walters updated gnome-settings-daemon to monitor for gnome-shell presence, and update the Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu property accordingly.
- Vibha Yadav contributed support for delegation in evolution-ews . (GNOME bug 656376)
- In gnome-screensaver Antoine Jacoutot implemented OpenBSD authentication using bsd_auth (instead of PAM ). (GNOME bug 651554)
- Seif Lotfy added a new dashboard plugin to gedit, it displays a grid of recently/most used files upon opening a new tab . (GNOME bug 663466)
- Tom Tryfonidis contributed a redesign of the about: pages of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 665136)
- Alan Knowles added an (experimental) xorg extension to seed.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs added support for speech presentation of embedded object characters in WebKitGtk content.
- Milan Crha added “Listen for server notifications” option to mail, address book, and calendar parts of evolution-mapi.
- Rob Bradford added a first version of a “baremetal” backend for EGL on KMS to cogl.
- Takeshi Kurosawa contributed support for basic vertical writing to librsvg . (GNOME bug 664533)
November 27, 2011
This week… 2089 commits, in 181 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 320 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes added a progress bar on the calibration action page of gnome-color-manager.
- Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions in goffice.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed the legacy magnification code from orca . (GNOME bug 664651)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen updated the ATA smart dialog.
- Erik Hartenian improved the Cantarell font, adding “extrema” to all glyphs, and making slight adjustments on a few letters.
- In the gnome-control-center wacom panel Bastien Nocera split out the tablet page, so it can be reused for separate tablet configurations.
- In seahorse Stef Walter added support for creating creating certificate requests as well as support for PKCS#11 key generation.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a “wrong password” dialog to Empathy, used for failing GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 661640)
- Milan Crha implemented fast-transfer for the address book backend of evolution-mapi.
- For gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi made a first version of GdTaggedEntry, a GtkEntry subclass to which tags can be added (and styled with CSS).
- Anthony Granger updated Cheese preferences dialog to be more netbook-friendly . (GNOME bug 663146)
- Jason Baron added cgroup support in the process view of gnome-system-monitor.
- John Stowers updated gnome-tweak-tool to support the new GNOME Shell 3.3.x DBus interface.
October 30, 2011
This week… 1840 commits, in 177 projects, by 198 happy hackers (and 254 were translation commits).
- In gtk-osx John Ralls created a separate build chain for gtk3.
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for the “file as” property of contacts, specifying their sort order if they have non-Western-style names or names which are otherwise incorrectly sorted in the contact list . (GNOME bug 661033)
- Marc-André Lureau added vapi bindings generation to gtk-vnc . (GNOME bug 662708)
- He then used it to add support for VNC displays into gnome-boxes.
- Dov Grobgeld added support for pixel grid to the giv image viewer.
- Damien Lespiau changed pinpoint to render the speaker notes in a separate page.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a simple view to query for extensions on extensions.gnome.org.
- Jason Siefken added prettier drawing operations and CSS colors to the system monitor gnome-shell extension.
- David King replaced the glom progress dialog with an infobar . (GNOME bug 661051)
- Marta Bogdanowicz started rewriting file-roller documentation in Mallard.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for SVG images, using librsvg.
- Robert Ancell made a port of the mahjongg game from C to Vala.
- Cosimo Cecchi had a first pass at implementing a “selection” mode for gnome-documents.
- Paolo Bacchilega refactored the code of the image viewer widget of gthumb.
- Milan Crha made initial preparations for a Fast Transfer implementation in evolution-mapi.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the zooming on text superscripts and subscripts . (GNOME bug 425685)
July 18, 2010
This week… 3273 commits, in 181 projects, by 295 happy hackers (and 427 were translation commits).
- Toms Bauģis added to hamster he possibility to click on a time bar in the overview to get to the detailed day view . (GNOME bug 623872)
- The Bastard Mode option of Quadrapassel has been renamed to “choose difficult blocks”, but it’s still a real bastard.
- Fernando Herrera added Mallard documentation to Dots, the interactive braille transcribing application.
- The calendar backend in evolution-mapi has been made fully asynchronous.
- Thomas Wood added region and city comboboxes to the new date and time control center panel.
- Aleksander Morgado contributed a feature to enable or disable selected books in devhelp . (GNOME bug 619202)
- Nate Stedman replaced the system() call by the usage of libarchive when saving documents in Ease.
- GThumb has been updated to preserve the EXIF data after lossless rotations.
- Vinagre has been migrated to GtkApplication . (GNOME bug 596733)
- Arx Cruz added a new password dialog to Zenity.
- The three-point-oh branch of cheese has been merged, rewriting Cheese in Vala and making advantage of Clutter.
- Paolo Bacchilega ported file-roller to use GSettings.
- Seed has been updated to build against the gtk 2 or gtk 3 versions of WebKit, at user choice.
- John Stowers created a gtk-3.0 branch of pygtk, to prepare a pygtk version that, while not based on gobject introspection, would still be a step towards GNOME 3.
- Aaron Bockover changed the Amazon proxy URIs of Banshee to some supporting geo-IP redirection, redirecting users to the Amazon stores appropriate for their countries.
- Benjamin Otte has been working hard on the “rendering-cleanup” branch of GTK+ 3, chopping much of the old drawing system, where cairo usage is more appropriate now.
- In GSOC land, Dragos Dena finished the snippets editor for Anjuta, Jamie Nicol almost finished implementing Last.fm radio playback in Rhythmbox, Luca Invernizzi completed the couchdb backend of Getting Things GNOME, and others also worked, of course…
May 9, 2010
This week… 2274 commits, in 184 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 262 were translation commits).
- Guillaume Desmottes and Sjoerd Simons merged their timestamp work into Empathy’s master branch . (GNOME bug 615976)
- Nautilus saw changes in its bookmark API, including the removal of the deprecated gtnome-fs-bookmark* icon names, replaced by the folder icon, and the use of emblems.
- Aleksander Morgado has been improving unicode support of tracker using libicu based word breaking to the parser-libunistring-review branch of tracker.
- Meego improvements got merged into Banshee’s master branch.
- Robert Carr started theming support and improved shapes capabilities in Glide.
- Ekiga got support to work in 16bpp mode . (GNOME bug 611308)
- gedit port to gsettings continued, with many plugins ported already.
- Ross Burton has been working on Randr related improvements of gnome-settings-daemon for Meego. This is happening in the new randr branch of gnome-settings-daemon.
- Yelp got basic printing support, and started being ported to gdbus.
- Matthias Clasen layed ground for new work on GTK+ 3.0 as he made it parallel-installable to 2.x.
- Matthew Barnes went forward replacing CamelObject by GObject in camel, evolution, evolution-data-server, evolution-mapi and evolution-exchange.
Many thanks to Dodji Seketeli who assembled most of this issue.